The Middle District was more lively, in terms of both citizenry and military presence. Richard gave control of the area to the Knights Teutonic. In Acre's Middle District, there was a large harbor port, whose docks possessed many troublemakers and drunken sailors. The paranoid Templar Sibrand, Grand Master of the Knights Teutonic, kept an extremely sharp watch over the district. Rumors eventually reached him, however, that the Assassins had come to take his life. These fears began to cloud his judgement and drove Sibrand to fortify the entire area, including the docks.
As King Richard the Lionheart fought Saladin and his Saracen forces, the duty of governing the entire city fell to the regent and liege-lord, William of Montferrat. The Rich District was the center of Montferrat's power, and because of this, it was the district that suffered the most under his rule. Much of the populace complained about their ill treatment, while others plotted his downfall.
Within the beautiful Rich District were notable landmarks such as King Richard's Citadel, of which a small keep within the fortress housed William's quarters. The citadel's interior contained large numbers of guards and archers, and operated like an autonomous, small town within the city. Another landmark in Acre was the Cathedral of the Holy Cross, the largest Crusader church in the city. The building itself concealed a Templar knight in the incomplete spire and also proved to be the highest climbable point in the cities that Altaïr visited.
- The cinematic video shown at the start of Assassin's Creed occurred in Acre.
- Acre was also the location shown in most of the official pre-release Assassin's Creed trailers.
- Acre was drastically altered from the first few gameplay demos shown at E3 in 2006. The first version of Acre had a larger area outside the city walls and could be entered while on horseback.
- Acre's climate was dramatically different from the other settlements, since it was next to the Mediterranean Sea, giving a misty and foggy effect to the streets.
- The tallest View Point in Assassin's Creed was located in Acre, being the Cathedral of the Holy Cross.
- Historically, Acre was the last stronghold of the real-life Knights Templar, before they were permanently expelled from the Holy Land.
- Assassin's Creed （首次登场）
- Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles
- Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines
- Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade
- Assassin's Creed II
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations