Labours of Herakles
Among his many adventures, the most famous were the Twelve Labours. When Herakles married and had children, Hera drove him mad and made him attack his family. His archenemy, Eurystheus who had replaced Herakles as king, forced him to complete Ten Labours as a form of repentance. However after completing ten Herakles was cheated by Eurystheus who made him complete two more raising the number to twelve. [来源请求] In some of these, most notably with the Hydra, Herakles was aided by his nephew Iolaos.
His labours were the following:
1. Slay the Nemean Lion: The hide of the Nemean Lion was said to be impervious to fire or weapons. Herakles cunningly trapped it in its den and strangled it with his own two hands. After succeeding he wore its hide as a cloak for the remainder of his journeys.
3. Capture the Golden Hind of Artemis: After chasing the Hind for a year, Herakles succeeded in capturing it and presented it to Eurystheus.
4. Capture the Erymanthian Boar: Herakles tracked the Erymanthian Boar near a forest in Elis where he also met and killed the centaur Pholos. He was eventually also successful in capturing the boar.
5. Clean the Augeian stables in a single day: the Augeian stables were the home of 3,000 cattle with poisoned feces which Augeias had been given by his father Helios. He accomplished the near-impossible task by digging ditches and diverting the filth into the nearby rivers.
7. Capture the Kretan Bull: After subduing the father of the Minotaur, Herakles captured the legendary bull. After delivering it to Eurystheus, the king set the beast free and it rampaged again until it was killed by Theseus.
9. Obtain the girdle of Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons: Hippolyta was an Amazon queen and she had a girdle given to her by her father. Heracles had to retrieve the girdle and return it to Eurystheus. The Amazonians were ordered by Hera to kill Herakles, but he returned miraculously unscathed.
10. Obtain the cattle of the monster Geryon: The next challenge was to capture the herd guarded by a two-headed dog called Orthrus, the herdsman Erytion and the owner, Geryon; a giant with three heads and six arms. He killed the first two with his club and the third with a poisoned arrow. Heracles then herded the cattle and, with difficulty, took them to Eurytheus.
11. Steal the golden apples of the Hesperides: Aided by Prometheus and Atlas, Herakles succeed in stealing the apples from the garden of the Hesperides. After being tricked by Atlas, Herakles pushed the blame to the god to which he was punished.
12. Capture and bring back Cerberos: His final and most difficult labour was to capture the Underworld's guard-dog Cerberos. To accomplish this, Herakles used Tainaros, the supposed gateway to the Underworld guarded by Cerberos and captured it. HeraKles succeeded and took the creature back to Mycenae, causing Eurystheus to be fearful of the power and strength of this hero.
Personality and characteristics
Herakles was considered the strongest man to have ever lived, he was also incredibly intelligent being able to outwit many of his opponents. Having a considerable amount of willpower, Herakles was able to move enough to build his own funeral pyre even with dead Hydra poison in his veins.
In the simulation of the Underworld, Herakles was eagerly waiting to fight a worthy opponent.
Equipment and skills
In the simulation of the Underworld, Herakles was armed with his trusty club torn from an Argolian olive tree and was capable of delivering many powerful blows with it. He also wore a variant of the Arena Fighter's Helmet and wore the pelt of the Nemean Lion across his shoulders.
- ↑ 《刺客信条：奥德赛》- 阿尔戈利斯：赫拉克勒斯的橄榄树
- ↑ 《刺客信条：奥德赛》- 阿尔戈利斯：赫拉克勒斯的木棒
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 《刺客信条：奥德赛》
- ↑ 《刺客信条：奥德赛》- 阿尔戈利斯：涅墨亚狮子
- ↑ 《刺客信条：奥德赛》- 阿尔戈利斯：勒拿沼泽
- ↑ 《刺客信条：奥德赛》- 伊利斯：福洛斯森林
- ↑ 《刺客信条：奥德赛》- 厄律曼托斯野猪
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 维基百科 - 赫拉克勒斯
- ↑ 《刺客信条：奥德赛》- 阿卡迪亚：斯汀法洛斯
- ↑ 《刺客信条：奥德赛》- 克里特公牛
- ↑ 《刺客信条II》- 字形#1：“起源”
- ↑ 《刺客信条：奥德赛》- 拉科尼亚：泰纳罗斯
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 《刺客信条：奥德赛》-《亚特兰蒂斯的命运：冥界的折磨》
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 《刺客信条：奥德赛》-《亚特兰蒂斯的命运：冥界的折磨》- 冥界的陨落守护者
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 《刺客信条：起源》
- ↑ 《刺客信条：奥德赛》- 米科诺斯：米科诺斯城
- ↑ 《刺客信条：奥德赛》- 天堂中的麻烦
- ↑ 《刺客信条：奥德赛》- 伊利斯：赫拉克勒斯雕像
- ↑ 《刺客信条：奥德赛》- 萨索斯岛：赫拉克勒斯神庙
- ↑ 《刺客信条：兄弟会》-《达芬奇的失踪》- 数据库：埃尔科莱·马西莫