- 这篇文章是关于the real world company的。也许你要找的是its fictional counterpart。
Ubisoft Entertainment is a French computer and video game publisher and developer headquartered in Montreuil-sous-Bois, France. The company has facilities in over twenty countries, with notable studios in Montreal and Quebec City, Canada.
The five brothers of the Guillemot family founded Ubisoft as a computer game publisher in 1986 in Britanny, France. Yves Guillemot, the former chairman and CEO, soon made deals with Electronic Arts, Sierra On-Line, and MicroProse to distribute their games in France. By the end of the decade, Ubisoft began expanding to other markets, including the United States, the United Kingdom, and Germany. From there, Ubisoft became a publicly traded company in 1996 and continued to expand to offices around the globe, opening locations in Shanghai and Montreal.
In December 2004, a rival game corporation Electronic Arts purchased a 19.9% stake in the firm, an action Ubisoft referred to as "hostile" on EA's part. The next year, Ubisoft acquired a part of MC2-Microïds (Microïds Canada) and integrated it into their Ubisoft Montreal branch.
On November 10, 2008, Ubisoft acquired Massive Entertainment.
Assassin's Creed developers编辑
Ubisoft Montreal is Ubisoft's flagship studio, and the lead developers and publishers of the main Assassin's Creed titles from the saga's inception to 2017, except for Rogue and Syndicate. They developed Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines and Assassin's Creed II: Discovery in conjunction with Griptonite Games.
Ubisoft Québec contributed to Brotherhood, Revelations, Assassin's Creed III, Black Flag, Unity and Rogue. They developed The Tyranny of King Washington. A 15-strong team there developed the Wii U version of Black Flag, and contributed to the Freedom Cry DLC. Ubisoft Québec has also been lead developer for Syndicate.
Ubisoft Singapore contributed to Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood, Revelations, Assassin's Creed III, Black Flag, Unity, and Rogue. They developed missions such as the platforming and naval missions in the series.
Ubisoft Toronto opened in 2009, and has employed an estimated total of 800 staff, including Jade Raymond, the former Producer of Assassin's Creed and Executive Producer of Assassin's Creed II. They contributed to Unity.
Ubisoft Motion Pictures编辑
- ↑ Ubisoft corporate, Ubisoft Group
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 UbiBlog: Ubisoft Quebec to Lead Future Assassin’s Creed
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Joystiq: Building a Revolution: The four teams behind Assassin's Creed 3
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Dualshockers: Ten Studios Working on Assassin’s Creed Unity; Ubisoft Wants to Release Franchises More Often
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Ubi Blog: Assassin's Creed: Rogue announced
- ↑ Nintendo Life: Ubisoft on Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag's Place in the Franchise, and Returning to Wii U
- ↑ UbiBlog: Spotlight on Ubisoft Singapore