Kassandra reached near the ruins, finding a pod of sharks around it. After killing the sharks, she dove into the ruins, opening a chest and recovering the artifact. She resurfaced, finding Obelia calling to her aboard her ship, docked nearby.
- Obelia: Climb aboard. Get out of that shark-infested water.
After Kassandra had boarded the ship, Obelia greeted her.
- Obelia: My friend, you are a gift from Poseidon himself.
- Kassandra: I try my best.
- Obelia: I'm going to need that artifact from you now.
- Kassandra: First, my pay.
- Obelia: I don't think so.
- Kassandra: Very funny. Now pay up.
- Obelia: The last laugh is all mine... I'm in the business of double crossing mercenaries.
- Kassandra: I didn't swim through sharks for this.
- Obelia: That was your mistake, not mine.
- Kassandra: Here's your treasure. I hope it's cursed.
- Obelia: I could tell you were a smart one.
- Kassandra: Satisfied?
- Obelia: Yes. Now get off my fucking ship.
- Kassandra: Deal's off. Now I'll kill you for wasting my time.
- Obelia: You haven't got a chance. Take her out!
Kassandra was betrayed by Obelia, who demanded the artifact in exchange for her life. It is unclear if Kassandra handed it over without a fight or slew the entirety of Obelia's ship for her betrayal.
- Obelia can still be killed if players choose to give her the artifact, but her body does not drop any loot.
- Alternatively, the player can also choose to fire upon her ship and sink it without going on board to meet her, thereby killing her preemptively.
- It's possible to board her ship and kill her and her crew before talking to her.
- It's also possible to kill her crew and disappear underwater, causing her to return to her spot on the ship. If the player walks in front of her she will attack, but if the player walks behind her then the player can talk to her again. If the player chooses to not to hand over the artifact, it will be much easier to kill her without the rest of her crew in the way.
- Despite her betrayal, Obelia can be knocked unconscious, so long as the final hit comes from unarmed attacks, Spartan Kick, or Paralyzing Arrows, and hired as a lieutenant for the Adrestia.
- Obelia's ship will persist offshore for quite a while. This makes it an easy mark for the "Sink (2) bandit ships" requirement of Recruitment Drive.