Hello, just dropping a note here reminding you about our image policy. In a nutshell, you have to source all images you upload to the wiki properly - if you're confused as to how it's done, look at some of the photos currently up on the wiki. Asides from that, images from the games need the character without any custom dyes/armor when appropriate, to fit with established canon. Thank you, and have a great day! :) ~ GI Auditore Comms Channel 06:57, February 13, 2013 (UTC)
Sorry! Ill check them out...thanks for your help!
The Forgotten Fragment (talk) 12:26, February 13, 2013 (UTC)
Just thought I'd show you the "proper" way to add links. Let's say I wanted to link to the Sword of Altaïr; I would type [[Sword of Altaïr]], and it would appear as Sword of Altaïr. Let's go slightly further than this, say I still wanted to link to the Sword of Altaïr, but I wanted the text to be different, for example: Altaïr's sword; I would type [[Sword of Altaïr|Altaïr's sword]], and it would appear as Altaïr's sword. Just a little tip, so I won't need to fix them in future. ;)
Thanks for the tips, if I am doing anything incorrectly I greatly appreciate help. Thanks,Lost Fragment (talk) 18:37, February 21, 2013 (UTC)
Please note that you need to source any and all images you upload to the wiki in accordance to our image policy. For more information on how to source images, check this page. Also check the information about naming images appropriately. Badly named or unsourced images will be deleted. Thank you. Nesty Contact me! 09:17, March 11, 2013 (UTC)
- FBIHoover.jpg & Akwiratékha-Martin.jpg - these ones in particular, since they are used on a mainspace article and I'd rather not delete them.
- Will do nesty--Fragment -Animus- 01:42, March 12, 2013 (UTC)
I spoke to Stormbeast about changing "Ezio Auditore" to "Ezio Auditore da Firenze", and he suggested that we leave it alone for now, and wait until a formal decision is made. At least I think that's what he said... Just thought I'd pass this on.
Thanks everyone :)--Fragment -Animus- 20:45, March 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Its fine...Im just trying to help where i can xD--Fragment -Animus- 17:16, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
Actually, that is not too much of a hope :D--Fragment -Animus- 20:48, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Happy days! Is it alright it I add you on PSN later, once I finish my school work? :) --Crimson Knight Intercom 21:22, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Sure thing...however there is never happiness without sadness. I gave my PS3 to a friend (I know, there were reasons behind it) so now he uses it...however I am at his house often, so you should still add him--Fragment -Animus- 21:28, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
- "The rain, it raineth everyday", he would be fine with it.--Fragment -Animus- 21:46, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, I never noticed your reply; is it alright if you add me when you're on? I don't relish the thought of adding you while someone else is using your system. XD
- Will do, and I have no idea when ill be getting it back...i know possibly tomorrow i might be on though--Fragment -Animus- 23:11, March 26, 2013 (UTC)
Im on now--Fragment -Animus- 23:46, March 21, 2013 (UTC)
- My IRC isn't working right now I'll keep trying to reconnect stay on. --NOSTALGIA TALK 00:06, March 22, 2013 (UTC)
I went over your apprenticeship interview, and though you still have a lot to learn, it was decided that you have what it takes to become an apprentice. I have left you under the care of Nostalgia AC, created your progress log and pigeon coop and informed Nos. I'm sure he'll contact you soon enough and fill you in with all the necessary information. Good luck. -- Apprenticeship Dai Nesty Contact me! 10:50, March 22, 2013 (UTC)
Thanks, Looking forward to it! --Fragment -Animus- 11:25, March 22, 2013 (UTC)
Thanks Luc, looking forward to it :D --Fragment -Animus- 11:26, March 22, 2013 (UTC)
Yo Frag, I've finally gotten some free time on my hands to work on your avatar. All of it's done except the eyes, about which I need some clarification. When you said Animus loading screen texture, which version of the Animus were you referring to? Same goes for the background. ~ GI Auditore Comms Channel 06:40, March 26, 2013 (UTC)
Hey GI, first, thank you very much for doing this...im sure its awesome :) Second, the background I was thinking was the one the Sima has in his picture, and for the eyes make it the same as the background for Crimson's avatars (at least the very first ones, not the new green one. So basically Mast Sima's background, and Crimson's original background for the eyes :> --Fragment -Animus- 11:23, March 26, 2013 (UTC)
Crimson's used quite a number of different backgrounds in his avatars lol. Just tell me whether it's Animus 1.28 (AC1), 2.01 (AC2), 2.03 Black Room (ACR) or 3.01 (AC3). Background is Black Room then, easy enough. Also, if you'd like, I could also provide you with a full body transparent version to use on your user page (like on mine, Storm's or Crimson's). ~ GI Auditore Comms Channel 13:50, March 26, 2013 (UTC)
2.01 for teh eyes :> and A full body would be amazing!!--Fragment -Animus- 22:35, March 26, 2013 (UTC)
Here's your avatar, and the full body version has been uploaded to the wiki, ready to be used. Let me know if you need any changes made to it. I hope you like it! :) ~ GI Auditore Comms Channel 00:05, March 27, 2013 (UTC)
Thanks so much GI, it looks amazing. I have no idea how to get that actual floaty thingy on my page so ill just put it in my userbox :) It looks so damn dope! --Fragment -Animus- 00:20, March 27, 2013 (UTC)
My "absence" is pretty much the same as GI's; I'm not actually gone, my time here will just be limited. Except he spent less time due to ISP stuff, I'm doing it out of personal choice. --Crimson Knight Intercom 23:05, April 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Alright, one day the Eagle shall return in full flight!--Fragment -Animus- 23:18, April 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Indeed I will! Once I feel my stress dying down a little. By the way, I like the picture you have on your page. Rest assured, I'm having a little something of my own cooked up. ;) --Crimson Knight Intercom 00:18, April 6, 2013 (UTC)
- I cant wait to see :D --Fragment -Animus- 00:20, April 6, 2013 (UTC)
Hello, Please accept my apology for not sourcing my images. Slate Vesper told me how to do it so I did. I did it to other pages and it got deleted. Im still confused about how to do this. Maybe you could clear this up for me? Cheers, GamezAddict008
- Sorry for any hostility that you may have perceived from both me and Fragment, it was not our intention. Here at the AC Wiki, we try to keep everything clean and tidy, so sometimes it may come across as strict for newer users who want to contribute.
- For the sourcing in question, you need to add the information template to the image's page itself. You can do this by inserting it whenever you add new images, or you can access an image's page by clicking on the image itself and navigating to the light blue text above it in the viewer, which will link you there.
- I hope this clears away any concerns you have, and if you need further advice on various topics at any time, one of our Staff members may be at hand to help (taking time-zones into consideration). Slate Vesper (talk) 04:09, April 22, 2013 (UTC)
- As Slate said, my intention was never hostile. I remember when I was a new member, and Slate actually undid a lot of my edits xD. Just keep in mind we are never trying to be mean, the staff just wants you pointed in the right direction of being a matured editor :) --Fragment -Animus- 23:03, April 22, 2013 (UTC)
Thanks :D Just to be sure, is this page to be example, okay? http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:Boston_North_End.png and sorry if this isn't the right way to reply to something. thanks! GamezAddict008 (talk) 00:06, April 23, 2013 (UTC)
- My bad, as far as I saw it just mentioned that Colin was invited as a consultant for the game, but not actually apart of it...if my judgement is off, im sure Crimson or GI would be able to make the right call :> --Fragment -Animus- 21:29, May 1, 2013 (UTC)
- As much as I know... the dead link was put there accidentally, otherwise that article would have been relevant. Still, someone should have removed it... quite misleading. Supreme Master AssassinO Mentoras 22:21, May 1, 2013 (UTC)
Hey, Frag. Been a long time! Is it okay that I copied some of your userboxes in your profile to mine? Thanks. I just need references...
03:52, May 13, 2013 (UTC)
Oh erm. Sorry I'm asking so many questions but I was wondering how I could make my own "Abstergo Database Entry" like you did. Thanks. :D xXUnknownAssassinXx 05:53, July 10, 2013 (UTC)
For future cases, at the end of your question, do four tildes (~~ these things) to sign your signature. Also, it would be easier to explain of the IRC (which you should get) --Fragment -Animus- 06:01, July 10, 2013 (UTC)
Hey Forgotten Fragment, I was wondering, what are/where can I find Timeline Articles? User:XXUnknownAssassinXx
Remember to sign your posts, and timeline articles are under categories. If you use the search bar you should be able to find them. --Fragment -Animus- 15:44, July 12, 2013 (UTC)
Hey Frament, I'm trying to complete the AC3 Walkthrough but it always doubles my bullets or says "
- is k--Fragment -Animus- 21:59, July 28, 2013 (UTC)
Hey there Fragment! Nostalgia has been inactive for quite some time now, and has been removed from his position as Mentor in the Apprenticeship Initiative. I have arranged for Stormbeast to take his place so you can continue your apprenticeship nonetheless. I am no sure whether he will contact you or you should contact him, but you two can arrange that together :) Good luck! Nesty Contact me! 18:41, July 24, 2013 (UTC)
- WOOO I GET STORMEH!!! Thanks Nesty :) --Fragment -Animus- 03:58, July 27, 2013 (UTC)
PARKER! I need you to get me pictures of Spider-Man! I expect a full portfolio by Tuesday!
What? Today is Tuesday?
I want them in my office by Wednesday morning!
Or whenever :P Stormbeast ♉ The Helpful Place 18:24, July 30, 2013 (UTC) </li>
Ill get on it Storm lol --Fragment -Animus- 23:05, July 30, 2013 (UTC)
Bro, how did you erase the edgings of your avatar w/o the photo detalis? Thanks.
Cheers from your fellow apprentice,
- Depending on who is making your avatar for you (I assume Teller) you can ask them for a full body render, and he will make the edges nice and clean. So no need for you to worry about it :> --Fragment -Animus- 04:00, August 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Love it GI :>, I think as of now it is exactly what I need/want! If you dont mind you you post the full body render on here? Thanks a bunch --Fragment -Animus- 16:54, September 2, 2013 (UTC)
I don't mind you breaking my poll streak. Crimson was pretty angry with me for submitting it back to back. Now, he'll be happy as another man submitted a poll, which he thought someone wouldn't. Altaïr Skywalker 47 (talk) 07:36, September 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Ah well, I just put my poll in there for fun :> C-C-COMBO BREAKERRR --Fragment -Animus- 15:21, September 8, 2013 (UTC)
- This is me, politely ignoring Cream's rants and raves :> --Fragment -Animus- 15:29, September 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Not if I steal them first Cream :> --Fragment -Animus- 17:47, September 8, 2013 (UTC)
Bro, can you help me check if my revamp in the Pazzi conspiracy in okay in my sandbox ? Thanks.
- Not quite sure what you want me to check..it looks fine. And just for future reference, would you mind referring to me as Frag, Fragment, or Lost? Just seems a bit more professional in my opinion. --Fragment -Animus- 22:12, September 12, 2013 (UTC)==Smugglers==
Hello! I just finised playing through AC Liberation for a second time and I noticed that the smugglers play a large role in the game and acted in the game somewhat like the thieves and courtesans in prvious games yet it dosent have a wiki page. I was hoping that you could make one and if you cant it is totally fine.
RaGhavA SHaH 15:08, September 22, 2013 (UTC)
- No need to ask me to create an article...if you feel it's necessary for it to be a page go ahead and create it. If anyone thinks it isnt needed then we delete it :> --Fragment -Animus- 22:56, September 22, 2013 (UTC)
For the Mercenaries category, I really do believe that category shouldn't be there; it's OOU, as I stated. I believe the administrators are sort of vagueishly planning to in-universe the weapon categories as well (so no more Assassin's Creed II Weapons or Assassin's Creed: Revelations Weapons). I would offer you the Courtesans article in return, which has perfectly in-universe categories, but then, neither the Romanies or the Thieves articles adhere to this :/
- Yes Crook, I did in fact know this...however due to the rather unclear instructions on it I decided to go with the category I already knew existed. If you could ask an admin about this then get back to me about it, that would be awesome. --Fragment -Animus- 23:18, September 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Thats good, drag him away from his GTA-V :D --Fragment -Animus- 00:10, September 23, 2013 (UTC)
Hi! I wanted to leave this website as a source for the Arbaaz Mir trivia section for his name and since i dont know quite how to do it, I was hoping you could do it and if you can't then thanks anyways :)
- Hello, since Arabic is a language there is no need to provide a source for it. Hopefully Eagle is the actual translation of it...but I should hope you have done some extensive research on it :> --Fragment -Animus- 02:01, September 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Well this is the only website in where i can find the meaning of Arbaaz so i have'nt done any real "extensive research" on it.
RaGhavA SHaH 01:55, September 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Welp, I guess I will have to trust in you knowledge of Arabic :> --Fragment -Animus- 02:09, September 24, 2013 (UTC)
- By the way regarding the Connor page you added Aveline back on the list even though nothing in her name has anything to do with an eagle.
- RaGhavA SHaH 02:10, September 24, 2013 (UTC)
- "The name Aveline is a diminutive form of the name Avila, itself from Germanic element avi, the meaning of which is uncertain, but thought to be "desired." Similarity to the Latin avis, "bird," is a coincidence. "Grandpré" is a name formed of the French words grand, meaning "great", and pré, meaning "meadow."" -Great bird of the meadow...aka possibly an eagle. --Fragment -Animus- 02:15, September 24, 2013 (UTC)
- That is like saying that since a guy is the named after a president of USA, he also has ties to eagles because the official bird/animal for USA is a eagle. It is just aimlessly connecting something that is far-fetched to something else. Also give me one source that names the Eagle a the "Great bird of the Meadow".
- RaGhavA SHaH 02:28, September 24, 2013 (UTC)
- The trivia page has nothing about an eagle though.....
- RaGhavA SHaH 03:35, September 25, 2013 (UTC)
- "Similarity to the Latin avis, "bird," is a coincidence."
- I just found out that Arbaaz only means eagle in urdu and not arabic... so sorry for that mistake. 00:57, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
- No worries, just fix the mistake --Fragment -Animus- 00:58, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
Can I be on your notable people list? Thanks...
- When I believe you are notable enough, then I will put you on there. --Fragment -Animus- 22:26, September 28, 2013 (UTC)
Just wanted to say sorry for the comment I made before you left the IRC. It wasn't meant seriously at all, and I didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable. Sorry Frag. :( Slate Vesper (talk) 23:08, September 28, 2013 (UTC)
- It's fine, just an uncomfortable subject. --Fragment -Animus- 23:58, September 28, 2013 (UTC)
If i were to get a picture from pintrest would it go under the public domian section for pictures?
23:23, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
Pintrest is just a place to put pictures, like a bullitin. If you can find the original source that would be better. It kind of like sourcing wikipedia on a paper, it's a collection, not just one source. (Also PLEASE remember to sign your posts, thanks) --Fragment -Animus- 23:23, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
I just uploaded it and found out it has already been uploaded... can you delete it. It is called Cathedral. jpg
23:31, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
- It will be deleted soon. --Fragment -Animus- 00:19, October 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Did no one ever tell you it is rude to answer other people's talk page. It's like stealing the mail from your neighbors. Anyway, GI's blog is very useful in creating your own signature, however, if youre having trouble with coding get on the IRC and someone there will help you out! --Fragment -Animus- 23:00, October 6, 2013 (UTC)
And if you find GI's blog a bit hard to follow, you can just ask me, and I'd be glad to whip up a nice signature for you! No really, I actually enjoy playing around with signatures. xD --Crimson Knight Intercom 00:43, October 8, 2013 (UTC)
It's not the Hundred Days War. The Hundred Days War happened in 1975. The "Hundred Days" refers to Napoleon's return from exile on Elba!!!
- Agent, please dont answer messages left for me. And yes, anon, I undid you edit because you linked it wrong--Fragment -Animus- 04:15, October 31, 2013 (UTC)
- I do know, however, as Nesty pointed out those Development team articles are OOU, so we should not link them to an IU article --Fragment -Animus- 03:11, November 2, 2013 (UTC)
Hello, I was just wondering if you have read AC Brahman or know somebody who has. The reason I am wondering this is because I think somebody should brush up the choppy synopsis I made for the Brahman page becasue it is missing major plot points and events. Thanks.
- I haven't yet...and I am not sure who has. --Fragment -Animus- 21:19, November 23, 2013 (UTC)
I was really to late to say this, but this is just something to say. At the beginning, when I was new to the wiki, some people like you started to support me on my trial. I couldn't have done it without you and of course, everybody else. And I, too, think it has been a decade. But it is never late to come back for a visit. All I want to say is Thank you for supporting the community and helping us out with editing. MB543 (talk) 20:40, January 24, 2014 (UTC)MB543
- I havnt made an edit on here in ages...--Fragment -Animus- 03:05, October 15, 2014 (UTC)
Second Red Scare
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you think the First and Second Red Scare occurred in the 1940s and 1950s respectively? With both falling under McCarthyism? Because at least according to Wikipedia, the First Red Scare occurred around 1920, with the Second Red Scare being the period of McCarthyism entirely. Sol Pacificus(Cyfiero) 12:06, February 6, 2017 (UTC)
- Yea, that was my bad. I was simply referring to the McCarthy era before McCarthy actually got involved in it as the First Red Scare. My mistake! --Fragment -Animus- 06:23, February 7, 2017 (UTC)