Welcome to my message page! Leave any message & I will respond as soon as possible :) Outsider (talk) 22:24, June 28, 2014 (UTC)
Please note that you need to source any and all images you upload to the wiki in accordance to our image and sourcing policy. For more information on how to source images, check this page. Also check the information about naming images appropriately. Badly named or unsourced images will be deleted. Thank you. Nesty Contact me! 18:50, June 11, 2012 (UTC)
- A reminder. Do you have permission from the authors of the images you have uploaded? Eventhough you can find them on google images, they eventually come here to complain about us stealing their image. So, unless you have permission from the original artists, I can't allow you to have any of those images.. -- ( • ) 05:26, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
- I have gone through everything now & have correctly sourced the image(S) to the fullest extent. All credit is given to the creator & it is correctly sourced. Am I allowed to use it now? After this I don't think I will be uploading many images until I know what I'm doing, because I don't think I have ever correctly sourced any images on this wiki up until now (not on purpose, of course).Outsider 20:29, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
Hi Outsider, I see you are an admin on the Dishonored wiki. I just want to let you know that if I come across any unreleased concept art or concept art in general that I will link it here on your talkpage. I am a member on a few different artist hubs and sites and I come across a lot of concept stuff that doesn't get released into the wider media. Anyways, I am actually looking foward to that game, hopefully it will be a blend of Thief and Skyrim. -- ► Kaloneous ◄ ♣HelpDesk♣ 19:24, July 10, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks Kal, I would really like for you to join us on the Dishonored wiki. We could use someone like you. Glad to see there are more fans; we currently only have around 35 members, so any help would be greatly welcomed.Outsider 19:36, July 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Cool, well I have signed up and I will try and work on one or two things over the next week or so. I see you are keeping things going over there and the articles to a high standard and don't worry about the numbers signing up, that will increase the closer the game comes to being released. -- ► Kaloneous ◄ ♣HelpDesk♣ 22:42, July 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Ok, thanks Kal.Outsider 15:06, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
Epic Thumbnail. I am the Anon who still has not made an account. I am telling you this because are Wiki has a lovely IRC. Just pick "beginner" and fill out the necassary info. I am TheRandomAnon, Find me in the darkness. 220.127.116.11 21:06, July 25, 2012 (UTC)
Which one was a lovely thubnail? Was it the one with Nightrunner on? Outsider (talk) 13:09, July 26, 2012 (UTC)
Hahahahahahahaha... Seriously though? Outsider (talk) 13:15, July 26, 2012 (UTC)
Hello there. I noticed you uploaded a Deadpool image. However, in doing so, you overwrote the images by the same name that was uploaded by another user, who still has the image featured on his user page. Therefore, I'd like to ask you to re-upload it under a different name. Thanks! Nesty Contact me! 16:21, July 29, 2012 (UTC)
Sorry. I promise this was not my intention!Outsider (talk) 16:23, July 29, 2012 (UTC)
Hey there! I just wanted to say, Dishonored Wiki looks great, and I'll probably start editing there once I get the game provided that real life doesn't keep me too busy. As for now, since I heard you're looking for new editors, I'd recommend this blog. Let me know if I can do anything for you =) ~ GI Auditore Comms Channel 12:06, September 16, 2012 (UTC)
It'll be great to have you around! I, myself, will not be able to get Dishonored onn release due to the amount of money I have spent on AC3, so you could help to tell me the story? Outsider (talk) 16:16, September 16, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks, G. Outsider (talk) 19:14, September 16, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks, G Outsider (talk) 20:41, September 19, 2012 (UTC)
Heya Outsider. I have taken a little look through your contributions, and it seems your edits are quite often filled with little errors (no offense!). A few examples are "is" instead of "his" and "assassins" without a capital "a." These are the little things you might want to pay attention to. Other than that, I guess I can only state the obvious and often repeated points: past tense, try to write in-universe, spellcheck your edits and only upload high-quality and useful images. And source them ;) Hope this helps! If there's anything else, let me know and I'll try to help! Nesty Contact me! 19:24, September 23, 2012 (UTC)
You will have to excuse me for that. I am only 13 & type very fast. I will try to look into these things though. Outsider (talk) 19:59, September 23, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks! Outsider (talk) 17:35, September 26, 2012 (UTC)
I'm hearing stuff about a Fort Wolcott demo. As you know, I can't just open YT and watch it. Tell me, is this what got everybody's knickers in a twist? Does it include the Desmond cameo? If not, would you be a deer and get some screenshots from the video? Thanks. ThatRandomUser ~Lair of Randomness (Enter at own risk) 16:17, September 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Here's a screen of Desmond's character model in the Fort Wolcott demo. The video only shows him from the side and back. Not much of a cameo, but this is the first we've seen of Desmond since the announcement of AC3. I'll post some more screens, if that's alright. --Jjacobmartinn (talk) 16:37, September 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi, Tru. I promise I will get you some screens, but I'm a little busy now, so it will have to be tomorrow. Outsider (talk) 19:34, September 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes Bob, you hold a button. Not sure which one, there's a pop-up on the screen though. --Kainzorus Prime Walkie-talkie 12:24, November 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Okay, thanks I really hope that there are no scenes like this . Cuz I'm getting it for the PS3 and I don't want it broadcasted on a 39" LCD screen. Il Prode lupo ~ Temi il Lupo! ~ Rispettare il Lupo! 15:39, November 2, 2012 (UTC)
You said you knew how Ubi could use as many guns as they like in future games, and also that they could ditch the animus. I'm guessing the ditching of the animus is to do with the cloud and animus synching, but I don't see how they could have millions of guns? - kabutsu Enter the Animus The Crimson Polls II 17:23, November 9, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for asking.
Regarding guns - It's quite simple really. Ubisoft introduced a new first civilization artifact in the form of 'The Shard of Eden'. This is the answer. If you do not know what the shard of eden is, care for me to explain. So, in the simplest way of explaining possible, it deflects bullets. To get this in AC3 you must complete the 'Captain Kidd Missions'. Completing theses grants you the shard. Back to the point. You may be wondering where all this is going, well it's simple really. The shard gives bullets the chance of missing, so why not expand on that? Instead of the main character only havving the chance of avoiding bullets, why not avoid them all together? If it sticks with a setting from 18th century backwards then there is no point though. I mainly refer to present day or any time period from 19th century onwards. Ubisoft would be mad not to develop this. That would mean that they could literaly go anywhere in history & beyond - guns & the lot. Just imagine running through the trenches in WW2 & seeing soldiers being shot around you, but the chance of you getting hit is the same as Connor's chances in AC3. It's genius.
Regarding the animus - Well, that's simple. At the end of AC3, after completing the epilogue missions, you will hear a voice. This voice does not seem to be someone in an animus or oppurating it for someone else; they are outside. What I belive, & many have speculated, is that this voice is literaly just scanning through the memories - without being inside. So is it possible that, within Desmond's time at Abstergo, they took some of his memories? This theory is also speculated by William Miles (Desmond's dad), within AC3. So why have a modern day 'protagonist' when you can just have a voice over?
Hope this answers your questions.
Outsider (talk) 22:21, November 9, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks. I thought the voices at the end of the game went deeper... And I rushed the story so I only did the first Captain Kidd mission. Having heard about the shard though its tempting to do them all. - kabutsu Enter the Animus The Crimson Polls II 22:40, November 9, 2012 (UTC)
Here's what I've got so far. Void, Corvo, dark. Any changes?
Any chance you could get rid of the green glow around his hand? Outsider (talk) 19:48, December 30, 2012 (UTC)
Oh, and also, I think Corvo could be a bit larger. This would make it perfect. Thanks! Outsider (talk) 19:50, December 30, 2012 (UTC)
Perfecto! Thanks, man. You really are good at this! This is now my Avatar for life. Outsider (talk) 19:59, December 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Take my word, Gabe can always improve on his work. Which is very impressive, just look at my ones. :)
- On another note, Outsider, would you mind if I added you on PSN? :)
- Not at all, go ahead. My PSN name is on my Userpage. What's your PSN ID, so I know that it's you I'm adding.
- Just so you know, I only got my PS3 at Christmas, so my games are a bit slim. I do have Assassin's Creed 3 on my Xbox & PS3 though. I haven't played it on my PS3 yet, so my level on multiplayer will be as low as can be. I'm going away for a few days tomorrow, so I won't be able to play with you online. Do you have Far Cry 3, as I am getting it tomorrow through the post. Outsider (talk) 20:45, December 30, 2012 (UTC)
- I'll confirm my name in the adding message I send, just in case you forget. Crimson Knight Intercom 20:50, December 30, 2012 (UTC)
If you want to add me on PS3 just sent a friend request if ya want, my PSN name is the same as in here.
Who typed that? Outsider (talk) 14:10, January 4, 2013 (UTC)
Anyone can add me. Outsider (talk) 16:02, January 7, 2013 (UTC)
I missed him too....
A Wanted Man
Get out of my head! Just kidding. Haven't seen you in a while. How have you been? Outsider (talk) 14:14, January 13, 2013 (UTC)
im good, thanks. I don't go on often, either. I'm too occupied with school. Outsider (talk) 16:56, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
Outsider , why don't you join the IRC . You seem to be a really fun guy and that place is.....bizzarely awesome . XD . On a side note, you said you like Desmond.Why don't you add him in your favourite pages category ? Greetings , --Anexasliehens (talk) 15:07, March 30, 2013 (UTC)
I might join the IRC... at some point; maybe today. Regarding Desmond: I only like to add characters from the past. Come to think of it, I need to add Edward Kenway to the mix.
Greetings to you, too :)
Outsider (talk) 12:46, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
I have come here to say... happy birthday! :)
As a present and a token of my good will, I present to you a gift: this lion.
Thanks, guys :) Outsider (talk) 14:19, April 7, 2013 (UTC)
Thanks, man. Very posh today, are we? Outsider (talk) 14:34, April 7, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Next-gen and ACV
I have had no problems with current-gen thus far. No lag or screen-tear whatsoever. A few delayed sounds, but that's it. Anyway, my main reason for thinking this is that it would hurt sales to just completely drop current-gen this quickly. Ubisoft must be aware that a sizeable amount of gamers in the world have not yet updated, and it would be foolish for them to solely invest in those next-gen consoles. I suppose "next-gen" is now "current-gen"... Damn. --Crimson Knight Intercom 02:52, December 29, 2013 (UTC)
Well, I suppose only time will tell. But It must be noted that most people I know are getting next-gen consoles very soon. Outsider (talk) 18:38, December 29, 2013 (UTC)
On the wiki? No, I don't know anyone called Eric. Outsider (talk) 13:35, June 15, 2014 (UTC)
Link to Shadow of Mordor wiki
Hey, Outsider. Forgive me if this seems like nitpicking, but your link to the Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor wiki leads to a non-existent page. It might be worth fixing that. --Crimson Knight Intercom 22:51, October 21, 2014 (UTC)
- Only just noticed this. That's quite strange. Fixed it now anyway. Thanks for the nitpicking. :) Outsider (talk) 21:40, October 23, 2014 (UTC)
New AC Wiki Account!
Hi Sly! You know me from the AC forum. I've made a couple Wikipedia articles so I figured, why not contribute to my favorite game's wiki, AC! I saw a Dandy article I could improve so that is my first edit. I hope to have just a great a time as I'm having on the AC foum. GoldenBoy99 (talk) 01:14, November 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Nice to see you around. Unfortunately I am having some issues logging in to my account on the forums, so I don't know when I'll be back on. I've contacted Ubi, but I haven't had a reply. Have you seen this message before?
- You have entered an invalid username or password. Please enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!
- You have used 2 out of 5 login attempts. After all 5 have been used, you will be unable to login for 15 minutes.
- I've entered it correctly & I've even tried changing my password, but it still won't let me log on. Have I been banned? Outsider (talk) 16:28, November 6, 2014 (UTC)
- That's strange, I've never seen that before. If Ubisoft hasn't replied and it isn't fixed yet I'll tell Mr. Shade or someone and explain your predicament. GoldenBoy99 (talk) 23:42, November 6, 2014 (UTC)
- That would be nice. Someone else who I'm not familiar with has offered to do the same, so I would wait until he's tried & got a response. Outsider (talk) 15:45, November 7, 2014 (UTC)
Hi, there friend,
it's me... Erik, I helped you with your login problem. I sent you an invitation on Uplay and if you want you can accept me. :)
- Will do. Remember to sign your posts. Outsider (talk) 18:05, November 11, 2014 (UTC)
- I haven't had a request. Have you sent it to SlyTrooper? Outsider (talk) 18:08, November 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Well this talk thingy is kinda wierd to me. I don't know exactly how to post signature im just gonna make a newbish one. So yea I did send invitation to SlyTrooper. If it doesn't work then you try sending invitation to me. My username is Erik_CJ on Uplay. Newbish signature: Erik-CJ
Happy (belated) birthday
Well, damn. Sorry, Outsider, your birthday slipped my mind, what with other stuff I've had going on. Regardless, happy belated birthday! I hope you had a good day. --Crimson Knight Intercom 14:00, April 9, 2015 (UTC)
- I will now jump on the bandwagon. Your gift from me is an even stiffer upper lip, a tophat, and a monocle. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 14:02, April 9, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks guys! The thought is greatly appreciated. :) Outsider (talk) 14:45, April 9, 2015 (UTC)
So, you've got Arkham Origins, eh? If you're interested, I have a proposition for you. Get back to me on PSN or something if you wish, if you'd rather discuss it elsewhere. :) --Crimson Knight Intercom 17:33, May 27, 2015 (UTC)
- Why not just on the forum post I made? I'll see the notifications when I go on the wiki then. Outsider (talk) 17:51, May 27, 2015 (UTC)
- My response is less than timely, sorry. I was otherwise engaged and didn't notice you replied.
- Anyway, as you may or may not know, I took charge of this a while ago, but I haven't really done much lately, what with real life catching up to me. If you could help out a little bit where/when you see fit, I'd really appreciate it. Or even better, it would be good if you could help wrangle some more editors. I'm not a very charismatic person, and I've noticed you're better with other people than I am. --Crimson Knight Intercom 14:06, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
- As much as I'd like to help, much like you I am busy with real life. 17 exams, remember? I may help once they're done. Probably when AK comes out.
- By the way, I'm thinking of pre-ordering Arkham Knight since I just beat Origins. It looks good, but I'm not sold on the Batmobile. Outsider (talk) 14:54, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
- Oh but of course. Do your exams first, because that is infinitely more important. I wouldn't want you to put that off. When will they be done, actually? For me, there are only six more days of exams left, but I've already finished. I have to return to regular school patterns on Tuesday.
- My exams will be done on the 19th June. However, I will have lots of time afterwards since I am on study leave. This means that I don't have to go to school.
- Since you are saying that Origins didn't give you anything to master, does that mean that you didn't like it? Having finished it, I think it's a really good game. Yes, there aren't tons of new features, but it just feels much more refined mechanically than the last two; this is most evident with the story. Outsider (talk) 16:26, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
This is my last day of study leave, regrettably. Mine started a month ago though.
Oh, I like Arkham Origins, don't get me wrong. I'm just about to finish my "I Am The Night" playthrough, in fact. What I meant was that it didn't really offer me any new challenges. By the time it came out, I'd already come close to mastering Arkham City, so Origins was an absolute breeze for me. --Crimson Knight Intercom 16:50, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
- I can definitely see how easy it would be for someone who has played the series as much as you have. I also found my first playthrough extremely easy. I'm currently playing Cold Cold Heart & that too is a walk in the park.
- Just so you know, I just pre-ordered Arkham Knight. I'm really confused, though, because it's been said that it is digital only for PC (which I have pre-ordered the game for), yet the retailer I have pre-ordered with doesn't mention any code & talks about shipping. Surely this means it's physical? Could you have a look at where I've pre-ordered it from to confirm I'm not crazy?
- Are you planning on replaying all the games before Arkham Knight comes out? When I purchased Arkham Origins I also bought the game of the year editions for City & Asylum too. I already own them on Xbox (& have completed them), but I prefer having the whole series on PC. I also needed the DLC for all the games, since I never got it on my Xbox, so it was cheaper considering it was on offer on Steam. Outsider (talk) 19:31, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, that seems to be a physical copy. Though to be honest, I pre-ordered my PS4 copy off Amazon over a year ago, so I'm probably not the best person to speak to about pre-ordering.
- As for replaying all the games, I'm not too sure. I just finished "I Am The Night" for BAO, I did a quick weekend playthrough of BAA last month, and I think I have New Game Plus for BAC still to do on another save. Considering I just finished BAO, I might go back and replay the Rocksteady games in the final two weeks before launch. --Crimson Knight Intercom 14:33, May 30, 2015 (UTC)
- I emailed the store & they said it should be a physical copy. It's not a massive deal though if it isn't. I never use the disk unless I have to. Usually I just use the Steam code in the box & then install from there. The main reason I want the box is because I feel like my pre-order is a waste otherwise. Logically, there's nothing to stop me from just buying on Steam the second it is released, so I like to know I'm getting something more.
- Considering you've beat new game plus yourself, would you recommend I do the same once I've beaten all the games again? I'm currently at 33% completion of Arkham Asylum, so I think I should be moving on to playing City again soon. I'm actually quite excited to do this because I never got to play any of the DLC. That includes all the Catwoman segements because I bought it used in order to get a steelbook. Would you say the DLC is worth playing? By that I mean both the Catwoman parts & the expansion. Also, can I play as Robin & Nightwing with the DLC? Outsider (talk) 20:16, May 30, 2015 (UTC)
I would highly recommend playing New Game Plus all the way through, yes. It makes the experience much better, I think (without having to spend time levelling up, you can power through the game at a more realistic pace), especially with Arkham Origins.
The Catwoman segments play automatically if you have the DLC, so they are unavoidable. They're not too bad, though I do find them a bit out of place and jarring in the overall plot. Harley Quinn's Revenge is definitely worth playing if you want to see Robin play a bigger role and play as a depressed Batman. It's replayable too, unlike the main game itself, so that's always good. But the combat is slightly more challenging than in the base story, so just be mindful of that as you ease in.
As for Robin and Nightwing being playable, you can control them both, but only in challenge maps. But you're on PC, and I know for a fact that there are mods that let you freeroam with them. --Crimson Knight Intercom 20:32, May 30, 2015 (UTC)
- Just finished Asylum. It's amazing how much game time is added when City made a full open world. I will be moving onto City tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to seeing what I missed the first time around. Outsider (talk) 03:00, May 31, 2015 (UTC)
I really feel like a whiner to mention something this minor but the community guidelines prohibit swearing, which I've seen you do twice now on the E3 forum. Do try to mind your language, harmless as it is. -- Master Sima Yi Talk 00:37, June 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Apologies. Won't happen again. Just excited for some games. Outsider (talk) 01:55, June 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry for the lateness of my reply. I've only just checked my account.
- No, it's not too personal at all. I got 1 A*, 4 A, 6 B, 1 C. I was quite happy with these results. Outsider (talk) 01:12, August 22, 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you. I will be taking English Combined, IT, Computing & Product Design. Outsider (talk) 23:50, August 24, 2015 (UTC)
Where Are You M8
How have you been? Haven't seen you on the AC wiki in a while, hope everthings good. Excited for any games this year?