Welcome to my userpage! Don't hesitate to leave me a message if you need anything :) Nesty Contact me! 20:29, July 17, 2012 (UTC)
I see you deleted the pgs for Yıldırım Bayezid I, Orhan Ghazi, Murat II, Murat I & Mehmet I Çelebi. But I think you forgot to get their redirects (unless it's impossible?): Bayezid I, Orhan, Murat II, and Mehmet I. If you can get them, could you please also wipe these redirects I'd made? (Freedom Cry music, Dead Kings music, & Jack the Ripper music) Sima advised I rename them, but seems I left unused redirects. Oh, and could you reply to my TopNavBar thread (in Archive 4 now) You never got back to me on that. --Darman (talk) 00:01, May 28, 2016 (UTC)
- 7x done. And yes, I can get back to you. Your solution seems to be the best one out of the options, and I will implement it as soon as Wikia stops being a butthead and lets me make the changes I want. Sorry for not letting you know this sooner - the way I had it in my mind, I would just have made the changes, and you'd have seen that I had done so, and it'd all be settled just fine. But yeah, I didn't make the changes and didn't get back to you. My bad. :( Keep up the good work! Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 00:06, May 28, 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for deleting. *sigh*...If we could operate Wikia, hmm? It's Ok, we've been busy; I'm trying to finish the ACS weapon charts...having not bought the game & must use YT for stats. Since you can wipe redirects: I've put a small list of redirects in my Sandbox, but don't know if they should be wiped (if any). Could you please take a look? I've considered Apprenticeship, but have to find 3 big edits. Looking at previous logs, I know some assignments have time constraints, but I don't know how frequently I'll be here, with work, school & all. Any advice? --Darman (talk) 06:07, May 28, 2016 (UTC)
I'll have a look at your sandbox later today. As for the Apprenticeship - it's a great way to learn the wikia and all its aspects. Assignments can have time constraints, but that really depends on your Mentor, and it will generally be discussed before anything is agreed upon. I myself am not really that fond of setting deadlines, since I prefer good work over fast work. Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 10:00, May 28, 2016 (UTC)
First of all, as a AC fan, thanks for creating this wikia along with your friends. It helps a lot. Second, I'm from Chile and I want to ask you something. I'm thinking about making videos for Latinoamerican Fans that don't understand english and I would use this wikia as my main source of information. (Because it's good, it's perfect). My mission, as fan, is to show things some AC fans from here doesn't know and guide the new ones so they can't lose themself in reading and playing. Can I use the information written in this wiki in my videos? Of course, I would give you credit about it.
That's all and once again, thank you.
- Hello! Since Wikia is a public website, everyone is free to use the information on it in whatever way they please. So, yes, you're more than welcome to use our information in your videos! If you need help with anything, let me know! :) Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 11:15, June 2, 2016 (UTC)
- You can just save the file to your PC, and then upload it on your wikia yourself. Unless there's a particular reason you can't, I really see no reason to do it for you... ;) --Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 22:21, June 3, 2016 (UTC)
Before you implement the navBar changes, I think I found another problem: the all-encompassing "Media" TopBar should be linked to Category:Assassin's Creed series instead of "Category:Real world video games", as it'll have games, comics, etc.(minor issue, really), but I'm worried about the subheaders – if Main / Other Games are individual sub-headers, what happens to the Ezio Trilogy & Kenway Saga sections, which under the current format are subheaders with drop-down menus? If we have it like I initially described it, as this:
Top Sub Dropdown (Sub-submenu?) Media > Main Games > AC1 > Ezio Trilogy > AC2, ACBH, ACRV > Kenway Saga > AC3, Lib, AC4, ACRG > etc. > Other Games > Altaïr's Chronicles > Bloodlines > etc. > Comics, etc.
- It is a bit of a puzzle, isn't it? Anyhow, I think we might have to accept the possibility that we simply cannot list every individual installment in the topnav. Assassin's Creed might simply have grown too large for that to work out properly... --Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 09:42, June 4, 2016 (UTC)
- Hmmm. If we removed the Ezio Trilogy & Kenway Saga drop-downs (& re-created "Kenway Saga" pg...for the 5th time), it'd be easier. BUT I've got a feeling many people come here who aren't as into the lore as we are, so the labels may be confusing to the uninitiated. Oh, you categorized your talk pg as a Stub & Revamp. Was it intentional? --Darman (talk) 02:50, June 5, 2016 (UTC)
Hmm.. I don't know how send message and you can only to see it, but can I take pictures and make like avatars or layouts (?) if I writte to them they are taken here or are they free to use?Korppi1 (talk) 13:07, June 4, 2016 (UTC)
- I... am not exactly sure what you are asking... Could you rephrase your question to clarify? --Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 00:36, June 5, 2016 (UTC)
Hello there! I am fresh meat, so to speak. This is the first time I've ever joined a wiki. I've decided to start giving back. Very quickly:
1) I wanted to reach out and touch base with you to establish a "working relationship" (for lack of better terms)
2) Are there any quick tip links, or genereal advice you can give me on working with this wiki?
Thank you in advance for you time, and I look forward to, well, "paying it forward" as I've used wiki sites religiously.
- Hello, and welcome to our lovely little corner of the internet! You could check out [[Category:Article stubs]] to find articles that are in need of expansion, or [[Category:Articles revamp]] for articles that do not adhere to our Manual of Style (the link to which you should have received in the welcome message on your talk page.). If you need more specific pointers, feel free to let me know! :) --Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 00:36, June 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, images on Wikia are free for the taking. Depending on the where you use them, giving credit to AC wikia for the image would be the nice thing to do ;) --Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 06:46, June 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Done. --Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 11:48, June 6, 2016 (UTC)
Just a heads up that the ACBH Database has a duplicate/wrong link: you link to Database: Castel Sant’Angelo, when you should link to Database: Castel Sant'Angelo (note difference in apostrophe styles), which you created 2 months prior to the former duplicate. --Darman (talk) 01:54, June 7, 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you. It's fixed now. --Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 10:15, June 7, 2016 (UTC)
- I'll be honest with you: While I consider myself to be very knowledgeable about the AC-franchise, that knowledge does not so much include multiplayer matters. I'm not that fond of any multiplayer, and found AC's multiplayer to be particularly... well, let's just say I didn't like it much. Someone else created the Jenkins article, and I merely did some MoS updating and added some templates - I had planned to check out the specifics of the content later, but I'm seriously swamped with work and personal stuff at the moment, so my regular working speed is still at an all-time low... :( Feel free to correct the article if you know right from wrong, and keep up the good work! :)--Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 15:17, June 23, 2016 (UTC)
- Looked into it and honestly, we don't know much about this guy. There's no record of Sigma Team prior to 2012. But in an attempt to rename and rewrite it, I realized we don't know if he's a Templar, Abstergo, or just a random merc hired for that one job. Darman's right too; we don't even know if he was killed. The only thing we know about him is he was there, and he handed Berg his gun. "Vidic's New Recruit" if you want to double-check. Stormbeast ♉ The Helpful Place 21:32, June 23, 2016 (UTC)
- Nesty, I didn't mean to appear to question your series knowledge, though I hope everything works out on your end. I was asking what Stormbeast said in more words: we know Jenkins was there, but based on audio alone, how do we know he was killed? I probably should've elaborated from the start. I thought he was either a ramdon merc or low-ranking Abstergo, but we can't verify either because he had such a brief appearance and he may be dead. Do he even need a page? His "end" is so ambiguous; he could've died then, or during the failed Florence raid, etc. it's so unclear. --Darman (talk) 08:10, June 24, 2016 (UTC)
If i could leave a suggestion, I would ask if you guys could keep the databases with the specific game it belongs to instead of dumping it together. I'm trying to find all the info for syndicate and it's difficult looking through all of it, since it seems to be one huge mess instead of organized fodler. 18.104.22.168 11:46, July 7, 2016 (UTC) HBT1694
- The Database page is currently under construction, but will eventually have a neat list of all databases separated per game, just like the Chronicles databases are already on there. It's taking a little longer for me to get everything done due to some personal issues, though. Sorry 'bout that. --Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 19:23, July 7, 2016 (UTC)
- I can help you to organise the daabase pages of Syndicate under categories in order of the in game encyclopedia. Please reply asap. TheAzureJaguar (talk) 06:50, January 21, 2017 (UTC)
- I'm currently on holiday, with internet that's beyond spotty. I'll try to hop onto the IRC whenever circumstances allow it, though. --Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 12:13, July 23, 2016 (UTC)
I would like to know your opinion about it: Thread:206794 (I'm talking to all Assassin's Creed wikis about it).
Ezio Auditore edits
Care to explain why my idea for a section about core Arsenal was vetoed?
I'd like to apologize for my rudeness in the earlier message. I am not here to make enemies....it just seemed odd that such a change was reversed.Muhtadi Choudhury (talk) 21:44, September 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Firstly, there was already a section named 'Equipment and skills' where all the information was already more or less present. Secondly, our Manual of Style dictates that we write everything from an in-universe point of view, making no mention of the player, the games, or anything else that makes the information 'real-world' perspective, rather than the perspective of the 'in-game world.' I hope that clarifies why I made the decision to undo your edit. Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 21:48, September 25, 2016 (UTC)
My apologies. It seems I have much to learn - and yet as someone without a next-gen console, little to contribute. Pleased to meet you, I hope to learn more from youMuhtadi Choudhury (talk) 21:50, September 25, 2016 (UTC)
Corruption section in Assassins article
Hey Amnesty, I probably should have contacted others for their opinion a while ago on this matter. There is an ongoing debate between another user and me in regards to the "Corruption" section in the Assassins article, and we may have reached an impasse. The debate is the lengthiest discussion you'd find on this wiki, I think ._. ... and it extends into my own talk page and that user's talk page, and as such is probably extremely difficult to follow, so here is a summary of the dispute:
A few years ago, a user created the "Controversy" section in the article because he felt that Assassins, as the protagonists, are viewed too positively by the audience and thus the article should "balance" this out by incorporating criticisms of them. Unfortunately, the section was nothing but vitriolic ranting, violating the policy of no original research and NPOV wile also being unsourced. When I revamped part of the article, I wanted to remove this section outright, but other users maintained that it should stand because the article could benefit from posing an opposing perspective of the Assassins to neutralize their moral ground. I personally thought that having a biased counter-perspective doesn't really promote NPOV, and rather there should be balance throughout the article, and this is at the core of of the disagreement. Even so, I worked with it, changing it to "Corruption" to explain cases of corrupt Assassins instead, such as Assassins of Rogue or Mackandal.
But predictably, this led to a debate over which cases constitute "corruption" or not, especially in regards to Ezio's actions in Revelations. Even using the term "corruption" in the first place, I am not entirely comfortable with, and a more objective term might be "cases of violations to the creed".
We should be doing our best to avoid original research. The entire section itself, or the concept of it, may pretty much violate that altogether.
My proposal is that if we are to retain this section, however, we should only state cases which are explicitly cited as "violations" or "corruption" and/or cases that served as major plot points, such as Al Mualim, Rogue Assassins, Pierre Bellec, and Jack the Ripper. Cases that people may consider to be contradictions to the creed, but are neither explicitly cited nor presented as such in source material can be placed in a "Behind the Scenes"/"Trivia" section. Ezio causing that firestorm in Derinkuyu that killed untold innocents is a good example of this. I think it is a case that people find indisputably a contradiction to the tenet of not to kill innocents, but it's not cited as corruption or violation, and I think it is better for consistency to include it in the BtS/Trivia as an OOU contradiction instead. Readers can decide for themselves whether this was hypocrisy on Ezio's part or developers' oversight, while we avoid inserting our own interpretations (original research). Other cases that users keep debating, which are just disputable, should either not be included, or it can also be put down in the Trivia section as contradictions, maybe even in just a simple sentence. I think if they're debatable though, then it shows that they're not factual enough to be objectively called "corruption".
If you read the section, which I have written, I really fear that the wording is biased, especially in regards to Rogue. I felt pressured to extrapolate and explain how it's "corrupt", but I think that forces us to make too many assumptions.
- Oh wow, that's quite the history you've been racking up, isn't it? I can see the points of both sides on the matter. However, rather than having a distinct section to showcase how the Assassins are also 'evil' may not be the best way to go, for a plethora of different reasons. It's a sourcing nightmare, it reeks of personal bias, and there will always be discussion about such a section. Instead, we could maybe revamp the article in its entirety to see if we can make it more balanced in terms of good/evil, and do the same for the Templars (many of whom have meant well, after all).
- I think it'd be very unhelpful to put a complicated matter like this up for a vote, since there are so many different sides to the issue that need to be taken into consideration. I'll have a look at the articles sometime this week and try to figure out the best way to go, so I'll get back to you on that, 'kay? :) --Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 16:28, October 31, 2016 (UTC)
It's been a while - I hope you're doing well with the teaching and all. I imagine you might be grading exams around this time. There's not really a purpose to this message (other than me being a worrywart lol), I just wanted to check in since we haven't heard from you in a while. Alright, thanks for reading :) Crook The Constantine District 23:16, January 23, 2017 (UTC)
- Hey there, Crooky. Not to worry, I'm quite fine. Just incredibly busy most days, and I haven't really been able to muster up the inspiration I needed to be productive around here, or, frankly, to be anything around here. I keep planning to make my grand return, but then I keep procrastinating, because we all know how awesome I am at that. Anyhow, soon. Soon, I'll be back. :3 --Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 13:41, January 26, 2017 (UTC)
Hello there! If that is fine for you, I would propose today, Friday the 3rd of February, for the interview. If the Netherlands are GMT +1, we are on the same timezone. I could join the IRC at any time starting from 10 PM onwards. Please do tell me if that's viable for you.
Portable Infoboxes on the Assassins Creed Wiki
Hello! I'm Cyanide3, and I'm representing Fandom's Vanguard team. We're users who volunteer to help communities adopt new technologies and features, like content portability. The Assassins Creed Wiki was in the past a Wiki which was identified as a high priority for introducing the Portable Infoboxes, which has a lot of benefits for your community.
Rather than get into all of the metrics and numbers (though I can present some of those if you're interested), I'll keep it simple. I'd like to reproduce as much as possible the look and feel of your desktop infoboxes in global CSS, and work to update the Infobox templates themselves so that they can be accessible on any current and future platform. Maintaining them if you want to make changes should be very simple.
Together with Cavalier One we've been working on some drafts for possible and future portable infoboxes for your community. You can see all those drafts here -> Special:Insights/nonportableinfoboxes. We've been working on the design for the templates and we tried to create a similar code so the readers don't see the difference between the old infoboxes and the new portable infoboxes. We know that you already had a design for some infoboxes. We didn't erase the code, but for showing you our suggestions we turned the old design off.
We'd really like to get working on your community, but we would appreciate your go-ahead. Also, if you have any questions, or this is the wrong venue for this kind of a discussion, please let us know. Especially for the design it would be great to have some feedback to know which you prefer. Thanks!
Cyanide3 16:49, February 5, 2017 (UTC)
- As far as I'm concerned, you're certainly most welcome to work on portable infoboxes around here. I remember that it was debated before, and everyone seemed to be in agreement. Somehow, though, it seems no one's ever gotten around to it. Seeing as I'm miserable with code, I can't be of much help myself, either. You're free to work your magic, though! --Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 17:00, February 5, 2017 (UTC)
- - Thank you for your fast answer! I will mark the code from Kirkburn as the old code in the CSS so it's not beeing errased and the AC Wiki can use it anytime again if you want to change the theme. Cyanide3 17:39, February 7, 2017 (UTC)
- Edit: We transfered the codes from the draft-pages to the template-pages. If you have any questions left or if you find (hopefully not!) any coding errors - please let us know! Cyanide3 21:04, February 7, 2017 (UTC)
I know I've not been here lately (busy w/ life), but I check in off-and-on or when I get edit notifications for pgs I follow. Anyway, Age of Enlightenment's history has had a slew of what should be minor edits by ZéACNS all within minutes of each other throughout its first day of existence. I know we should assume good faith edits, but he's already been cautioned about this by Slate Vesper & myself, and officially warned 2x by Sima & DarkFeather, and later by Crook. I also know this may sound out-of-line and I apologize if I'm over-stepping, but I think some of his mass edits in short time spans may have contributed to some badges. However, I have no concrete evidence of this and can only speculate based on personal observations of his editing style. Just thought I should bring this to Staff attn. Darman (talk) 18:10, March 3, 2017 (UTC)
- I'll handle it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. --Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 18:57, March 3, 2017 (UTC)
Statistics for thesis
Hello there! I'm writing my thesis about the AC series and like to include a chapter about this wiki that will offer some insights to readers on the amount of work people put into it. I'm looking for statistics like the current number of contributors for this wiki, total edits, edits by contributor, etc. Couldn't find a list of these things for this wiki anywhere. Is it available at all? Everything I use will, of course, be completely anonymous. Thx! 22.214.171.124 13:34, May 4, 2017 (UTC) Lutz
- Some of the stuff you ask for are a little tricky, seeing as most lists are only available to Helpers and Staff. Also, some things need a little more defining. Like, what do you call 'current' when asking about contributors. I could get you the exact number of editors we've had over the years, but that'd include everyone who only made a single edit and never returned as well. Can't imagine that's what you looking for. So yeah, try telling me exactly what you need, and I can try to see if I can find it. --Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 14:43, May 4, 2017 (UTC)
- Hope you don't mind if I interject Nesty. I'm not sure if this will help Lutz, but every wiki has a page that gives data on its activity. Here is the one for Assassin's Creed. Note that the amount of "Registered users" (12,345,740) is the amount of accounts across all of Wikia, not just Assassin's Creed wiki, since upon creating an account for one wiki, that account may be used for all other Wikia sites. You will find that exact number in the statistics page of any other wiki, such as Wookieepedia, so don't let that number deceive you. I think you will need more data than this though. Sol Pacificus(Cyfiero) 16:57, May 4, 2017 (UTC)
New article, Assassin's Creed: Origins
It's been quite a long time since I've been on the wiki, but I have lately come across some information that strongly suggests the next title of Ubisoft's long running Assassin's Creed series will be called Origins (formerly Empire) and I have created an article including the basic information there is so far and have provided references for proof of my findings. I realized there wasn't an article already on this (If there is, I haven't found it). As a user with administrator priviledges, I was letting you know and if the article is alright then hooray, if not I guess it should be deleted. I just hope everything I wrote is okay. Supreme Master AssassinO Mentoras 04:10, May 8, 2017 (UTC)
- I'll have a look at it shortly. If need be, renaming is always an option. And yeah, it's been ages since I saw you around here. How've you been? --Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 16:03, May 8, 2017 (UTC)
- I've been well, been busy with schooling, I'm starting university next fall (here in Canada we've got college and university) after spending some time doing some academic upgrading. How about yourself? Sima and Vatsa appear to be on hiatus now, and the IRC channel was dead silent when I went on last night. I've been trying to find the article I created, but can't seem to find it. Was it renamed or deleted, somehow? Supreme Master AssassinO Mentoras 01:35, May 9, 2017 (UTC)
- Hm, yes, Vatsa has been gone for over a year now, and Sima and I are both considerably less active than we used to be, unfortunately. Work is keeping me quite busy, and between that and my duties as a Wikia Helper, I'm stretched a little thin at times. As for your article: it appear Crookandcharlatan deleted it before I even got around to looking at it. --Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 11:45, May 9, 2017 (UTC)
- That is unfortunate, back when I was active on the Wiki, I remember when Sima and Vatsa were considerably more active than they are now. That's understandable, I've got my own workload to handle on top of university preparating, and a passport application. It also appears that some users such as Kainzorous Prime are now permanently banned, I had been wondering what happened to some of the users I knew. As for my article, apparently they felt it shouldn't stand due to conjecture but I reasoned that we've had leaks in the past that have been posted to the Wiki. Unrelated, your profile picture is of Harley Quinn, are you by chance a fan of the Batman Arkham series? Supreme Master AssassinO Mentoras 15:45, May 9, 2017 (UTC)
- With me at the end of my tenure at university I just do not have the time or ability to be as active here as I used to be, but I try to do what I can. Let me just add that creating such an article without any legitimate sources is not acceptable, so you will have to wait until public confirmation and verification of this information by Ubisoft. -- Master Sima Yi Talk 18:26, May 9, 2017 (UTC)
Featured Wiki Videos
Hey Amnestyyy. I'm Julia from Fandom's Community team. By now you may have seen our announcement about Wiki Modernization and how we're using featured wiki videos to reduce the number of ads on the site and improve the performance of all Fandom wikis.
As we move forward we plan to have wiki videos in many communities, with Assassins Creed wiki being a candidate for videos. If you are interested in which video types we might use you can find some great examples in this blog post. If we start producing videos we may reach out to you, other admins, and users to be involved in writing video scripts or being part of the production process.
Since you are an Admin, I finally, after waiting for years (literally), decided to take this isssue up to you. Apparently, the "Forts", most notably the articles of forts from Assassin's Creed III have been under "reworks" for at least 3 years now, by Moderator EmeraldCorruption, who has also left a note saying "We ask that edits to this article are only minor or grammatical in nature until this warning is removed in order to not disrupt the major revamp,"'. Now I know that this doesn't necessarily "restrict" other users, including me from contributing to the pages, this is quite an issue since it's been up for years now.
I contacted you on this issue back in 2015, but it unfortunately hasn't been resovled yet. I am not that senior a user, but a minor distraction on a minor page deeply saddens and disturbs me/us. I seek the Assassin's Creed Wikia to stand forth others, and this issue hurts. So I request that you look into this, and perhaps contact EmeraldCorruption.
Heya! How's it going? Just wanted to check in with you and see how you're doing, maybe we can chat on the IRC sometime (or on Discord, we're really moving with the times). -- Master Sima Yi Talk 17:58, August 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Hey there Sima. Things are going... reasonably well now, after having been pretty shit for a while. Personal stuff that I'll explain sometime in a place a little less public than my talk page ;). I'll certainly try to drop by again to catch up. I've been a little adrift and unfocused for a while now, but hopefully I'll be able to get my interest in AC back again... Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 23:59, August 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Well, when you have the time, do drop by. I've got a lot of things I want to do and there are some very good things lined up for the wiki and its community that I think you'll want to help out with. If it works better for you you can also drop by Discord, we now have the IRC channel linked to a Discord channel so users from both platforms can chat in one place. Here's the link for Discord if you prefer that - https://discord.gg/eBqzbg - or you can just drop by the IRC as usual. -- Master Sima Yi Talk 08:01, August 15, 2017 (UTC)
- You still able to do that sooner rather than later? ;) New permanent link: https://discord.gg/eyQYdqt -- Master Sima Yi Talk 14:04, August 31, 2017 (UTC)
- I got a text, telling me you sent me a message on PSN :). I'm still at work now, but I'll try to drop in sometime during the weekend, or possibly tomorrow. :)--Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 14:31, August 31, 2017 (UTC)
- You still able to do that sooner rather than later? ;) New permanent link: https://discord.gg/eyQYdqt -- Master Sima Yi Talk 14:04, August 31, 2017 (UTC)
Hey Amnesty, have you ever thought about using bots for laborious edits like cleaning up usages of Rashid ad-din Sinan? I noticed this isn't the first time you went through large, maintenance-related edits like this. Wookieepedians normally rely on bots to do this sort of work. Unfortunately, I have no clue how to set them up, but I just thought this might be an option you might want to check out to ease your burden. Sol Pacificus(Cyfiero) 23:06, September 2, 2017 (UTC)
- Hey Sol! Yeah, bots are awesome and super-nifty. Unfortunately, they're also too complicated for me. We used to have Vatsa and his bot, but unfortunately he left us some time ago. Anyhow, oftentimes it's easier and quicker to just make the edits myself, rather than to find someone who can fix me up with a bot. Besides, I don't mind the work, and I've become pretty adept at it over the course of my years here. Definitely something to keep in mind if we ever run into a resident tech-wizz again, though! :) --Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 23:10, September 2, 2017 (UTC)