Letters in a bottle
Do you know if anyone is working on transcribing the letters of Tom Kavanagh? I'm interested in doing so, but I wanted to make sure someone else wasn't already working on it, to your knowledge. -Molotov.cockroach (talk) 02:29, January 18, 2014 (UTC)
- I actually have the majority of the written out as part of my project of copying the entire ACIV database, but haven't been able to upload much do the illness that has been pestering me over the past week and a half... Nesty Contact me! 08:47, January 18, 2014 (UTC)
So, is he active or not? Thanks...
(PS: Sorry for bugging you about TST's activity!)
- I have been ill for the past week and a half, and haven´t yet had a chance to speak to him. Once I know something, you´ll be the first to hear. Nesty Contact me! 10:28, January 18, 2014 (UTC)
- I shall try, though I might run a little late due to an exam that only ends at 19:00. Nesty Contact me! 07:00, January 20, 2014 (UTC)
- It was not a problem. You probably noticed, but the actual text was provided by Stormbeast. I merely updated the blog, since only admins can edit other people's blog posts. Nesty Contact me! 20:00, January 23, 2014 (UTC)
If you have the time, I'd like to discuss something with ye on the IRC, regarding specific templates. I've tried discussing this with Sima before but he's on break, and you're the more available admin anyway, because you won't kill me. Probably. :P Anyhow, regards -- War! Huh! YEAH! 11:52, February 6, 2014 (UTC)
Hey, brother. I'm just here to state my business and leave. I think that Edward's early life was voiced by Allen Leech, the person who also voiced Thomas Hickey. If you find it similar, go for it. If not leave it. :)
Hey i did a little research over the last 2 months about the next assassin's creed i checked other AC forums and i read about the possible settings. I think you all know that the email that you obtain from hacking a collegues pc is just darby mcdevitt parodying us the fans crying about those locations, so i did a research about those locations over the games, comics and the AC Wiki.
Feudal Japan : Weapon : The hidden Blade isn't an iconic weapon..only in europe, middle east and the colonies.Therefore Feudal Japan was massive and beautiful and i want the series to go there maybe they could keep the hidden blade..it's possible, i think ;p
Ancient times ( Rome, Greece ) : The hidden blade wasn't even invented then !
The Empire Of Xerxes : It could be possible because the hidden blade was invented and recorded in use by the assassin Darius who came up with the idea of it.
Alexander The Great : Possible because it's after the events of Xerxes and the invention of the hidden blade and also the variety of different cultures due to the many conquests of Alexander imagine the cities, the flavors and the variety of cultures all mixed in ONE Assassin's Creed game, we ask for Egypt, Asia, Greece it's all there, you can only imagine how big the map will be..but then again this is just a speculation.
Revolutions ( French..etc. Ubi incudes many revolutions in there question Where do want your AC game to go next ?
I don't think that we will see another revolution in another game..in my perspective they would just repeat the same motif from AC3 and that's not good they want to keep the game with fresh ideas as do we, as for connor i think his story is over so don't get your hopes up ; )
Wild West + WW1 & WW2 : Out for the question no machine guns, revolvers allowed and it wouldn't fit in the AC universe
King Arthur : I think it's possible he also retrieves one of the swords of eden in other words the Excalibur so the idea it's good don't you agree ?
Victorian England : I think you all are tired of England's " accomplishments " and torture and it also includes American civil war weapons such as revolvers etc that also leaves American civil war out of the picture.
I want your opinion as well
MEwiki ban message
Well, I actually only came here because I was blocked by the user Temporaryeditor78 on the Mass Effect wiki because I made a mistake: I edited some codexes that were verbatim from Mass Effect because I hadn't relaized they were from the codex. It was minor stuff, literally one or two words.
The user posted a warning on my page, and then IP banned me 40 seconds later. I didn't even know I had a warning until all of a sudden I was banned. We're supposed to contact admins on their talk page to discuss getting unblocked, but since I can't even leave a message because of the block, I cannot do that.
- Well, I don't really think it's my place to butt in here, seeing as I have no connection to ME wiki and don't really know what happened. Most blocks do allow you to edit your own userpage though, so perhaps you could discuss it there with an admin. Nesty Contact me! 07:04, February 23, 2014 (UTC)
hi nesty i am a frequent user of these gaming wikis but i have found that the assassins creed wikis, while filled with lots of background information like the history and timeline of davenport homestead and its inhabitants. but almost nothing on the missions or quests needed to "upgrade" it. and its not just with AC3 but all of the games on this AC wiki. you guys do a great job at doing filler info,which is cool, but i want to know when a mission is unlocked what that mission opens the downside to doing it too early or late in the game. in other words i now know more about the davenport homestead than how to actually fill it out or complete it. please add a link to youtube pages that will show or explain these type of things. 22.214.171.124 11:14, March 12, 2014 (UTC)
- This is a wiki based on the lore of the series, not a compliation of walkthroughs. You should try GameFAQs or YouTube for that sort of thing instead.
- (Apologies for answering your talk page Nesty, but I figured it'd be one less hassle for you to deal with.) Slate Vesper (talk) 01:00, March 13, 2014 (UTC)
I recently posted a fan art and you took it down. Can you please tell me why? I read the rules about posting fanon and it states that fan work may not be posted on mainspace articles. I posted on the fanon page and in a blog. Do blogS count as a mainspace article (because they aren't articles)? I just want to ask before I post it up again. Thanks. Beserker9 (talk) 22:13, March 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Hi! To be completely honest, I don't know why I deleted your fanon until I know which one it actually was. If you give me a name, I can search the deletion log or my contributions and see what the exact reason was. The most likely reasons are a) not enough content b) no user account at the time of creation b)not in the fanon namespace (ACFanon: [name]). I hope that helps! Nesty Contact me! 06:33, March 27, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, without additional information, such as who, why, when and where, I'm afraid I can't really help you with that... Nesty Contact me! 07:54, March 29, 2014 (UTC)
Amnestyyy, sorry to bother you but I have a question. How can I make a signature like this , Master Sima Yi,
- It can eb adjusted under the "preferences" tab, if I'm not mistaken, and in order for them to become like Sima's and Storm's, and my own, for that matter, you need to have a bit of coding, a font, and colours. If you need me to help you make one, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Nesty Contact me! 15:51, April 21, 2014 (UTC)
- I checked. Discovery has space after a comma, you did not. Nesty Contact me! 15:42, April 23, 2014 (UTC)
Forum:Multiplayer Modus player profile customization: What unlocks when and how?
This page made a lot of work even if it eventually wasn't used here on the wiki because of how the games' content is handled here. Anyway, a warning would have been nice, so could you please copy the content of the page to pastebin and send me the link? Thanks. --ShardofTruth (talk) 06:58, May 2, 2014 (UTC)
- This takes just a minute of your time, is this really too much to ask for? --ShardofTruth (talk) 09:26, May 11, 2014 (UTC)
can you tell me why you deleted my picture on my first blog post??
- No, I cannot. Since you did not sign your post, I have no idea who you are. Since you did not tell me what the file name was, I cannot check. Most likely unsourced or badly named though. Nesty Contact me! 16:06, May 13, 2014 (UTC)
Cancellation of contents
CANCELLATION OF CONTENTS
HELLO, I have been trying to contact this website several times. The HelpDesk just suggested to message you for the deletion of contents on this page : http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Carlotta_Montanari
I am Carlotta Montanari and that photo is not even original , but deformed, and tehre are info absolutely NOT TRUE in that BIO. I have been trying to edit myself but after few min it goes back the same. This is becoming very upsetting as you can understand. SO PLEASE I FRIENDLY ASK HELP FOR DELETION ASAP WITHOUT COMPLICANCES FOR THIS MATTER. THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING. you can reply also to firstname.lastname@example.org (UTC) CarlottaMontanari-Legacy
Editing Edward Kenway
I would like to work on the Edward Kenway page with you
IRC part 2
Deletion of my post
I just left you a message on your talk page regarding the deletion of your fanon. It had been moved to the new fanon wiki. For more details, check your talk page, please. Nesty Contact me! 17:06, July 12, 2014 (UTC)
Deletion of Forum Votes
I have noticed that as a part of your deletion duties, you have actually deleted a number of vote pages that contained some key decisions made by the wiki (i.e. Forum:Vote - Infobox/Database images, Forum:Vote - Bracketed translations and navboxes, Forum:Vote - images and more) which is making it difficult for some of us to cite said decisions in current discussions. Would you be able to go through the deletion log at some point and re-create these forum posts, so that they can be more efficiently archived? (Only those that have a bearing on how the Wiki is run.)
Oh, I'm sorry, I'm afraid I haven't been on this wikia in sometime and so I wasn't aware of this new wikia, nor the fanon move. And yes, you will see me over there. :) --Jacen Fett (talk) 00:14, July 18, 2014 (UTC)
ACFanon:Graitzas Palaiologos "Moved"
- acwfanon.wikia.com. The new fanon wiki, as was announced in my recent blog. Nesty Contact me! 19:36, July 21, 2014 (UTC)
Dishonored wiki affiliation
Hope things are well. I just put the idea out to Sima for the AC wiki affiliate with the Dishonored wiki, and he wanted to get your input on the matter as well. What do you think?
Why did you delete the ACFanon: Aborigines page??!! That was a pointless move, since people are starting to support and love that fan film! It deserves to have a page on this wiki, and you took it off!
A face from the past
Hey, Nesty. I just wanted to apologize, for my behaviour. I was arrogant, and a childish jerk.. I was stubborn, so much that I stayed and annoyed you guys even after my banishment.. I apologize for everything. I have found my passion in life, and I'm getting on with it. Please do convey my regards and apologies to Sima, Vatsa, Kain, Gabe, Crimson.. :) I wouldn't want to flood the wiki activity and annoy each individual, by badgering them.. So, okay, that is it. Farewell.
New "Media Template"
Greetings! I have made an alternative to the the messy amount of navboxes for certain pages. I'd like the opinion of one of the admins. It's right over here. Thank you for your time! -- Zero-ELEC (talk) 15:53, October 5, 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Can you please edit MediaWiki:Wiki-navigation? Currently, a 'Books' link points at a non-existent Real_world_books_and_comics category. Instead, it should point at Real world books, as I imagine. Thanks in advance. --Nochnik (talk) 20:24, October 5, 2014 (UTC)
- I'll fix it right away. Thanks for bringing it to my attention :) Nesty Contact me! 20:26, October 5, 2014 (UTC)
- And another one. "Cyanid3" blocked the first one, so maybe it's the same guy. Crook The Constantine District 15:35, October 13, 2014 (UTC)
I would like to help you edit the Edward Kenway page.
Add A Page
Hi there! I recently wanted to add some articles to a specific category ("Magdelaine Levesque" and "Marie Levesque" to the "Levesque Family") , but it seems that this page still doesn't exists.
How do you create a Category Page?
This is AlexHoskins, an admin from the Heroes Wiki. This wiki is clear of any spam. Could you come back and help us?
- Here and there. Not having a laptop anymore put a serious damper on my online activity. I'm buying a sparkly new laptop next week (good gracious god thank you for the extra month-salary arrangement thingy) and then I'll be fully back for realsies! So yeah, get yourselves prepared for the return of my epicness, I guess? :3 Nesty Contact me! 19:53, February 1, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, that'd be nice, wouldn't it? Maybe when they decide to pay out a fourteenth month as well. Otherwise, not a chance, sorry :/ Nesty Contact me! 20:42, February 2, 2015 (UTC)
About my Fanon, the Legendary Hero...
I noticed it was moved. Where to?
- Thanks for answering my message for me, but I was capable of doing so myself... Nesty Contact me! 18:54, February 7, 2015 (UTC)
- Ooooh! So, there's a new wiki, got'cha. Though, it removed all the comments. Oh well. Thanks! Aegis RunestoneSpeak to me 20:19, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
Hi Nesty, I'm on the IRC now and will be for the next few hours. I'll also likely be there most days from 4 - 10 p.m. AEST to discuss whatever it is you would like to discuss. 08:43, February 16, 2015 (UTC)
Hey Nesty. I'm sorry to have been away for so long. A situation has developed at work where I'm the only person around who can work the core counter of the store I work in. Needless to say, I don't even know if I'll have a day off from work within the week except Sundays, and those are spent catching up on rest.
I have also taken to an online MMO, which grips me in more for my current affection for the AC series. But, I will strive to be around more to regulate the wiki edits - though Crook and other veteran members seem to be nailing that at the moment.
Needless to say, I'll do whatever I can to remain here and on the IRC, but I'm going to be splitting my time more often. Another thing I would like some help with though is revamps, making sure what I do would be more in line with GA and FA status. From what I've done before, I've never really grasped the proper revamp criteria, and I'd like some tutoring in it. Would you and/or some of the other members be willing to guide me through that? Slate Vesper (talk) 20:15, February 16, 2015 (UTC)
- We all have personal lives, and I'm really not saying you need to be around 24/7, that'd be madness. Nonetheless, I'm glad you're still alive, at the very least. Next time you drop from the face of the planet, leave us a message so we won't fret over sending someone over to your place to check whether you were perhaps violently murdered or something... Just in case, y'know? Anyhow, sure, I'd be happy to help you out with whatever you need wiki-wise (and whatever I can do outside the wiki, that's what friends are for...) Though, talkpages aren't really handy for that purpose, so I suggest discussion it on the IRC sometime. I should be around more again from now on, so we're bound to run into each other sometime soon. :) Nesty Contact me! 21:07, February 16, 2015 (UTC)
Please stop by IRC
This is Mike from the Community Development team here at Wikia. I'm reaching out to you and the other Assassin's Creed admins today because we've recently been talking with Ubisoft in an effort to bring (even more) much deserved attention to your outstanding community. As part of these conversations, Ubisoft is interested in spotlighting your community and celebrating their upcoming trailer for Assassin's Creed: Victory by promoting it on your wiki.
Usually this includes a small promotion module on the mainpage and a relevant article page. We would of course design it with the wiki in mind, put it up, take it down and all that. Ideally, it would let fans watch the trailer right here, and then check out more of the game's characters and lore across the wiki. We'd love to be able to work closely with yourselves and Ubisoft to get you and your editors special access to the upcoming game, merch, information/interview opportunities, and more.
Is this something that you think is possible? We'd leave the promotion up a few weeks to make sure everyone sees it, and then take it down once it's run its course. Please let me know what you think, or if you have any feedback on the idea, as soon as you can via my talk page.
Thanks for your time, and hope to hear back from you
Hey there! Thanks for the quick reply, it's much appreciated. Just wanted to let you and Master Sima Yi know that there's nothing required immediately, as our team is still ironing out the details with Ubisoft, but I'll keep you all posted as soon as I hear from them, which will hopefully be sooner rather than later.
- Well, a stub article is an article that does not yet contain all the available information. So one-liner articles might not be stubs, if there is not more information to be offered. However, if you believe I misjudged and removed the template from an article that is not complete, feel free to undo the edit. We all make mistakes, after all, and I may have misjudged or acted hastily. Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 23:35, August 1, 2015 (UTC)
I had a question about the spoiler templates - I thought we were fine to remove those after a period of three-four months had passed following release of the product? Or did I just pick that up somewhere? :s Thanks for reading. Crook The Constantine District 10:29, August 2, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm not alltogether certain, but I'll be sure to look into it. Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 10:32, August 2, 2015 (UTC)
He um could you tell me exactly how to make collapsible userboxes? please? it would be highly appreciated if you did!
Vestigial fanon pages
So, I was looking through the broken redirects and found a few vestigial "ACFanon" redirects and comments and one actual "fanon" page (fanon page, broken redirects). I thought I should let you know, since you deal with the whole fanon thing. Thanks! (There's also a bunch of broken redirects that I don't know if they could redirect to something, but I don't know if the should even exist, but I digress.) -- Zero-ELEC (talk) 01:01, August 4, 2015 (UTC)
Master Assassins and "notability"
Hey Nesty, saw you made a recent edit so I figured I'd direct this to you for discussion's sake.
I was just viewing the Master Assassin page and it seems odd to me that we have certain Master Assassins listed as "notable" when we don't even have an image for them. While I know that Assassins such as Umar are notable derived on their actions, I cannot see why the likes of Kasim, Castor or Marechal are there, given their background information. One greeted Ezio, one died by the Knights Hospitaller and some Ottoman Assassins were sent to cause trouble due to their death, and the other trained a recruit, but we have no idea what they look like.
I mentioned something to same effect in 2012, and though Jasca replied with a similar sentiment, nothing came about of it. Do you think there's cause for revision? Slate Vesper (talk) 12:02, August 4, 2015 (UTC)
- Certainly, yes. I think that Assassins of whom we hardly know more than one action can't very well be denoted as "notable Master Assassins," unless the one thing we know is something incredibly important, like reforming the entire Brotherhood or something. But yeah, the ones that were mentioned, like Castor and Marechal and probably some others, shouldn't be on the list, if you ask me. Oh, and welcome back. :) Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 13:18, August 4, 2015 (UTC)
Hey, can i talk to you on the IRC?....i'm on everyday around 3 PM Gmt...:P or contact me anytim you're available
- I'll try to be around as much as I can for the coming few days. :) Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 17:35, August 19, 2015 (UTC)
I have a question for you!
I am helping out with a Game Team project and could use your assistance. In one sentence, could you tell us what excites you about Assassin's Creed: Syndicate and why you love the franchise? Thanks much! Pinkachu (talk) 00:16, September 22, 2015 (UTC)
Are you still doing that Mentor/Apprentice thing with EmeraldCorruption? I want to edit Fort Hill and South Battery but it says that he is working on it as part of his apprenticeship. However, looking at his contributions, I see that he has not been on since May. Evandrus Primæ (talk) 03:46, September 22, 2015 (UTC)
- Emerald transfered to DarkFeather, but has been inactive for quite some time now. I'm fairly certain this is just a case of him forgetting to remove that template, so I have done so now. Feel free to have a go at it. :) - Nesty Contact me! 08:24, September 22, 2015 (UTC)
You asked after me on the IRC yesterday but I'd already closed the client so I didn't see it until this morning. Do you need me for something? Crook The Constantine District 22:31, October 30, 2015 (UTC)
Regarding the illustrations, we've done the same before so I don't see why we'd suddenly go inconsistent and compile database entries into one page. -- Master Sima Yi Talk 12:56, November 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Ah, right. I totally forgot about those. Thanks, and I'll get right on that when I get back from this weekend's trip. Already have the pictures prepped. Enjoy your weekend! :) Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 12:58, November 6, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Shroud edit
I think it should be Initiate's but when I think about in the game they also said it's Initiates so I immediately change it back. But why are they called Initiates in Syndicate I mean unlike Unity they didn't appear as Co-Op but mostly singular. --Cococrash11 (talk) 20:45, December 15, 2015 (UTC)
Can you restore the "British Assassin" page that you deleted, though, under the name "British Assassin (1888)"? There was a small discussion on this and we came to the conclusion of naming the one unidentified Assassin in the DLC ('Mary Ann Nichols' -- the only initiate confirmed to have been using a false name) "British Assassin (1888)" here... Well, unless I missed something and the other victims/initiates were confirmed as bearing false names as well. In that case, sorry for the hassle. klad (talk) 16:24, December 21, 2015 (UTC)
- I'll mingle in the discussion you've got going on. In time, I'll restore whatever needs to be restored, but it's probably best to definitively settle on a naming convention before doing so, to prevent confusion and misunderstandings. Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 16:31, December 21, 2015 (UTC)
I noticed that some categories on the Database page (People, Locations, etc.) are still redlinked despite being from old games like AC II. Should the appropriate titles be added to the Update template, even though it's one or two pages? Also, would the Syndicate Database entries go under "Helix 4.0" or "Encyclopedia"? If it's easier, you can reply on my talkpage.
Cheers, Darman36 (talk) 22:03, December 22, 2015 (UTC)
- Oi, sounds busy. Thanks for clearing it up. While deleting redirects is likely outside my abilities/Wiki powers, I'd be happy to add what info I can to the Database page itself. Thanks again. Darman36 (talk) 22:30, December 22, 2015 (UTC)
It's IRC time
- I'm not a Jedi, Sima. I do not possess foresight. So how was I to know you would come online seconds after I left? Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 17:04, January 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Are you a pirate, Sima? I think you're a pirate... Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 13:37, April 4, 2016 (UTC)
I'm cruising through here and I noticed the titles daimyo and Shogun are missing the " ¯ " (macron) on many pages (it should be daimyō and Shōgun, respectively) We've used macrons before with Chaya Shirōjirō Kiyonobu and Fūma Kotarō; shouldn't we continue that in the pages and the Daimyo category? Thought I'd ask, as few people are picky about diacritical marks. Darman36 (talk) 15:15, January 25, 2016 (UTC)
- I had a quick look at Wikipedia, which simply spells the corresponding articles as Daimyo and Shogun, without the macron. I'm not particularly up-to-date with Japanese and English spelling, or rather, the relation between those. I'll have a more in-depth look at the proper way to do things when I get back home, though. And, if changes need be made, I'll make sure they are. Thanks! Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 15:46, January 25, 2016 (UTC)
- The macrons are there ("大名 daimyō" and "将軍 Shōgun", both right after the English spelling). They've been used a correctly here a few times (search "daimyō" [5x out of 15 total daimyōs] and "Shōgun" [2x out of total 9 uses of "Shogun"] with quotes). I had been thinking of doing the changes myself, if it's alright with you, since it's a relatively minor thing in the grand Wiki scheme, and you've got the Database to clear up.
- Side: Could I help with the Database somehow? I don't think the AC Rogue Locations have been written up. Your call though. Darman36 (talk) 16:12, January 25, 2016 (UTC)
It's true that Wikipedia uses them sometimes, but the articles indicate the correct English spelling to be without the macrons. Now, I'm not saying Wikipedia is correct in this, but before we make any changes, I'd like to make sure they are correct. I'm still not at home, though, so I'll get back to you on that once I've had more time to check it out properly.
Actually, those document files from Rogue (the ones where Melanie mostly responds to potential settings/characters for Helix features) haven't been typed out yet, so if you're willing, I'd say go for it :) Crook The Constantine District 16:37, January 25, 2016 (UTC)
- OK, Amnestyyy, I await your reply. Thanks thus far. Crook, I'd like to do those, if no one's claimed them yet. Might take a bit, school & what not, but I'll get to 'em. Darman36 (talk) 19:12, January 25, 2016 (UTC)
Hi Nesty, Darman again.
Just wondering if you have any further news on the use of macrons. It's not pressing, as we both have our own projects to do, but I'm curious if you came to a conclusion. Thanks, talk later. Darman (talk) 14:45, February 3, 2016 (UTC)
- Sorry to bring up this old topic, but I never got word back from you on whether to use macrons in the titles of daimyō and Shōgun. It's a minor thing, really, but I'd appreciate an answer if only to close this topic. Thanks. Darman (talk) 15:08, March 13, 2016 (UTC)
Huh, odd. I could have sworn I had responded. Anyhow, my apologies for the lack of response until now. I did look it up: while the Japanese words daimyō and Shōgun do indeed have the macrons, the English words daimyo and Shogun do not. The confusion stems from the "habit" of using the Japanese words in English sentences, since they are the same, save for the macron, about which people don't really care. Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 18:47, March 13, 2016 (UTC)
- It's all good, we all get busy with our projects. Thanks for clearing it up. When I took Japanese history, the prof was adamant we use the proper diacritical marks wherever possible. Seems to have stuck with me for a bit. Do I change the spelling to English for consistency? Darman (talk) 01:53, March 14, 2016 (UTC)
Crook pointed out that we haven't added the Rogue text/audio files stored in the Helix researcher's tablet to the Wiki, and told me to contact you before making a page titled "Helix research analyst's personal files ". The contents and layout would be similar to the Abstergo Entertainment research analyst's personal files page, but for the aforementioned game. Can we proceed? Darman36 (talk) 02:50, January 27, 2016 (UTC)
- Sure thing. If, in the end, we decide on a different name/format, we can always change it. Priority is to get the text actually on the wikia first. :) Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 10:49, January 27, 2016 (UTC)
Regarding your revamp of the Database article, I remember our Brotherhood database being quite incomplete. Will you be transcribing those database entries yourself? I've transcribed some of them, but I didn't get very far. I can still send you what I have though, if you want. Thanks for reading :) Crook The Constantine District 10:24, January 29, 2016 (UTC)
- Both Brotherhood and ACII are indeed quite incomplete. I do intend to reply these games and see if I can get them up to snuff. However, if you already have some written down, you might as well upload them, since I haven't the foggiest how long my DB revamp is going to take (it's quite a boatload of work T_T). Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 11:51, January 29, 2016 (UTC)
Mayaguana still redim taling about this symbol in mayaguana
Revelations database entry
I was looking for Haras' database entry, but it seems to have disappeared. I presume that's part of your database revamp effort? Not to be whining, but that does make it slightly inconvenient for checking on stuff from the older games. I could be completely off-base here though; if so, my bad ^^; Crook The Constantine District 17:38, February 9, 2016 (UTC)
- Hm, Odd. 'Tis true I deleted the old DB index pages, but everything should already have been moved to, for instance, Database: Haras. Like, months ago. It's possible we missed a page or two here and there, though. I understand that it's temporarily inconvenient, but all will be well again when I'm done with the main Database article, by which time everything will be complete and indexed there. So, I'm afraid all I can say is that you have to wait it out? :/ Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 17:41, February 9, 2016 (UTC)
- Alright, thanks. I'm suddenly doubting whether Haras even got a database entry lol. I might need to fire up Revelations and have a check. Sorry for wantonly accusing you of deleting database entries all willy-nilly :P Crook The Constantine District 17:43, February 9, 2016 (UTC)
- While I would not go so far as to delete anything 'willy-nilly,' I am wholeheartedly willing to admit I might have deleted more than I should have, in my frantic attempts to make the DB-part of the wikia less... horrible. There were over 600 redirects. I went crazy. I do not think I can be held accountable for that. :p Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 17:46, February 9, 2016 (UTC)
- Alright, thanks. I'm suddenly doubting whether Haras even got a database entry lol. I might need to fire up Revelations and have a check. Sorry for wantonly accusing you of deleting database entries all willy-nilly :P Crook The Constantine District 17:43, February 9, 2016 (UTC)
When you are not busy, could you send an PNG photo (File:ACR Yusuf v.png) in the Heroes Wiki (hero.wikia.com)? I tried to do it myself, but I couldn't because of my iPad. Be reasonable.--AlexHoskins (talk) 20:04, February 18, 2016 (UTC)
- I see you had no trouble at all copy-pasting our introduction to the other wikia. On the risk that this makes me sound like a really mean and unreasonable person: I'm not going to help out with anything as long as you don't give proper credit where it is due. We all work very hard to keep this wikia up to date, and it's kinda crappy when people just take our stuff and pass it off as their own without giving credit. I'm sure you understand. Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 20:09, February 18, 2016 (UTC)
- As well as entire wiki content. I decided to do one search for "Ezio" and what I found was a complete copy-paste of our article. Wikis are a collaborative effort, but when you steal other people's work and pass it off as your own edit that's not proper encouragement for collaboration. -- Master Sima Yi Talk 20:12, February 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Okay, I'm sooty. But someone else is copy from this wiki, and I'll give credit. please forgive me. I'll do it.
I'm not mad or angry, and I hardly think there's really something for me to forgive. But yes, a little credit for our hard work would be much appreciated. In return, I'll be more willing to help you out with stuff in the future, if you approach me with requests/questions! ;) Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 00:39, February 19, 2016 (UTC)
A few months ago I came here to ask the Master Sima Yi (1, 2), if I could use the content of the pages, design of this wikia for use in http://pt-br.assassinscreed.wikia.com/. Giving, of course, the proper credits.
I added a footer with an allocation of credits (MediaWiki:Wikia.js) to the wikia, added interwiki links and credits link in all the files/pages pertaining to this wikia (It is in the process) and I wonder what you think about.
You think enough, you think you need something else? Let me know!
- Wikia is a big collaborative project, and I have no problem with anyone using our material if it's properly credited. You went out of your way to make it so, and I really appreciate the effort you made, especially since just copying things is so much easier. Well done! Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 00:37, February 19, 2016 (UTC)
- It's because I know you do not have a very good relationship when it comes to wikias of other languages. due to not give credit to you. But I want to change that story, I do not want to be like others. Want is to do more than that, I want to unification. And if possible, we could review the interwiki between wikias? :) TheCreedX (talk) 01:01, February 19, 2016 (UTC)
I gave your wiki a credit for the work. BTW, some users of the Heroes Wiki (T95) and (GAT-X105B) were copied from the Assassins and Ezio articles respectively. I'll try to give you credit. I understand that you're mad at me.--AlexHoskins (talk) 20:42, February 18, 2016 (UTC)
You wanna play some of that Division beta avec moi? I'm also trying to get Crook on but he's coming up with a list of excuses again and it may get bloody. -- Master Sima Yi Talk 13:17, February 19, 2016 (UTC)
- Weeeelll, right now I'm at work, so that's not going to happen. I'll drop by the IRC tonight and we can talk about it, 'kay? :) Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 13:18, February 19, 2016 (UTC)
- Nope. We use Category:Good articles. Thanks for pointing this out, I'll make sure to get it sorted. :) Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 18:42, February 20, 2016 (UTC)
- I have absolutely no idea what you are asking me right now. Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 15:37, February 23, 2016 (UTC)
Hey! I wonder if I could put interwiki links on pages on this wikia. Whereas brazilian Assassin's Creed Wiki credited properly everything is authored of this wikia, and that the old problem with interwiki if I knew well, was that all other wikias copied and not credited this wikia. I hope anxious for an answer! Cheers. :) TheCreedX (talk) 16:33, February 23, 2016 (UTC)
Hey, Amnestyyy, I wanted to help with the databases (cause that's what I work with when I'm not playing video games). I've finished compiling the databases of AC Chronicles and started on the Americas (From ACIII to AC: Rogue). Looking forward to your answer.
Nestyyy, just wanted to let you know that I'll be finishing the tables for AC3
tomorrow later today, and the people tab in AC: Brotherhood, cause it turns out I'm missing 9 entries in the locations tab (A gate in Rome, two entries in Venice (I have Squero di San Trovaso) and six entries in Florence (I have only 'Palazzo Auditore' and 'Santa Trinita')).
Hello, I was curious whether we have a policy on custom signatures on this wiki, as I'm failing to find one. On Wookieepedia, they have some strict restrictions on signatures, such as that images cannot exceed 20 pixels in height, cannot have more than one relevant link (aside from the one to your userpage), use more than 2 colors, or have line-breaks. Do we have these same rules for signatures here? I noticed that one user's signature has this massive image for his talk page link o_o", and another user included both a link to his talk page and to his contributions. Sol PacificusTelepathy 03:01, March 11, 2016 (UTC)
- While we do prefer signatures to be manageable, we don't actually have a policy detailing what goes and what doesn't. Might be worth looking into, though. Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 11:29, March 11, 2016 (UTC)
Thank you Amnestyyy! So kind of you :) I will definitely seek for your help :)
Talk pg usage
I might be wrong, but aren't talk pages meant for discussing iffy issues about the respective article, not for walkthroughs/glitch complaints? I believe this page fits the bill. Thought I'd point it out. --Darman (talk) 00:45, March 21, 2016 (UTC)
Another Gaming Post
Hi Nesty, me again.
Sorry for bugging you at this late hour (near midnight UTC), but I found another "gaming help" post and at the end of here, and a thread for the same "issue". They spammed (is that the right word?) the title & description with the same message. "User:LOVE FOR ALL" seems to be behind both posts. I assume there's a way to "un-thread" something, e.g. dead posts, right? *sigh* I take it these are semi-regular occurrences? --Darman (talk) 00:17, March 26, 2016 (UTC)
Assume good faith. Not everyone knows how to use wikia correctly, you can't expect everyone to. Clearly he's in need of help, so why not offer it instead? -- Master Sima Yi Talk 09:40, March 26, 2016 (UTC)
- Hadn't thought of that, my apologies. Also didn't think I could do that, as I've only been here for a little over 3 months. Will contact them. So how do you know if it's a legit gaming question vs; a troll? Thanks again. --Darman (talk) 12:10, March 26, 2016 (UTC)
You can't always be able to tell if someone's trolling, but not helping people because they might be a troll isn't what we want to encourage. In some cases it'll be obvious when someone's trolling though, but this seems like a genuine thing someone might have an issue with so offering some help when you're able to won't do anyone any harm. The amount of time you've been here has no bearing on whether you could answer a question, or make an edit on some page, or any such thing. Don't worry about that. -- Master Sima Yi Talk 12:17, March 26, 2016 (UTC)
Hello Amnestyyy:) I hope evrything is well. I was wondering if I could ask for your help. I would like to upload a small questionnaire here so that the players can participate in my thesis research (I am writing my thesis on AC: Ezio Trilogy and how the game can transmit historical knowledge to the players). But since I am new in this forum I have no idea how to do it or how to approach any players. I was hoping if you could help me in this :) Thank you and have a nice day! EfyUTU (talk) 14:41, April 7, 2016 (UTC)
Heya. Sure thing. Just go to here. It's the forum main page, where you can just start a new thread with your topic. There, you can just write what you want and insert your questionnaire as a poll. Hope that helps! :) Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 14:46, April 7, 2016 (UTC)
I think something may be "off" in the navigation bar template. Clicking on Main Games brings us to Category:Real world games, which Sima deleted, and clicking on Kenway Saga brings us to the "Kenway Saga" page, which you deleted. Yet the other tabs link to the appropriate page(s). Shouldn't they be unlinked, just hover-over tabs? Also, the AC4 novel link under Other Media/Novels actually is a redirect link, no pages link to "AC4: Black Flag (novel)". Lastly, Forums under Community links to the archived Forum:Index, while Forum under On the Wiki links to the correct page. Are these valid issues or am I just being unnecessarily nit-picky? --Darman (talk) 01:17, April 22, 2016 (UTC)
- They're valid issues, sure. There's this teensy-tiny problem, though, that consists of Wikia not allowing edits to the top navigation for some stupid reason. I have the code, and made the necessary changes, but as long as I can't publish my edits, I can't actually make the changes... Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 07:13, April 22, 2016 (UTC)
- Well, I can edit the topnav bar. It took some figuring out, but I've figured out what the actual problem is: Wikia changed their parameters for the topnav since we last edited ours, and we now have too many top-level entries (On the Wiki, Main games, Other games, Other media, Community), so we have to remove one of those before we can implement any other changes to the topnav... Obviously, that's a bit tricky, so I'll be trying to figure this out for a bit... see if there's a workaround, or a lovely little way to still have all the content, but under less headers... Or something. I dunno yet... Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 01:55, April 24, 2016 (UTC)
- Hmmm. How about one all-encompassing Media tab linked to "Category:Real world video games", with Main Games & Other Games as individual sub-headers with drop-down menus? Then add the already-existing sub-headers of Comics, Novels, Films from Other Media, which could then be wiped. And the drop-down menu for Community/Forums could be relocated to the On the Wiki/Forum tab. There: 2 less heading tabs, 1 less sub-header. And the previously-mentioned link changes. This brainstorming, I like it. Another! --Darman (talk) 07:45, April 25, 2016 (UTC)
Assassin's Creed "Database"
Hello, Nesty! I have a doubt/question thing about the database edits that you currently have underway. In Assassin's Creed (the first one) there's no database, but there are "Attachments" to certain memories, which are intercepted letters or maps with information and the like. These form a sort of proto-databse (at least for the "Documents" parts), and I was wondering if these would fall under the purview of the Database page? Because as it is, these are missing entirely from the Wiki. — Zero-ELEC (talk) 20:16, April 30, 2016 (UTC)
- Hm, no, I would think not, actually. I'm relatively certain that they, or some of them, are actually on the memory articles themselves. Like the letters you pickpocket. If they are not, that would probably be the most logical place to put them, methinks. Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 20:19, April 30, 2016 (UTC)
- Sure, Friday works. Should be online somewhere after dinner. --Amnestyyy (Contact me!) 20:57, May 17, 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for the welcome and I would like to say I am an assassins creed fan for years and I have just stumbled on this site for the first time. What the heck I should have done my research into finding this awesome site.