An animated Assassin's Creed television series is currently being developed by Ubisoft Motion Pictures. It is to air on Netflix, a release date has not been announced. The series, which will feature an original story from Castlevania producer Adi Shankar, will share the same universe as the other media of the franchise.
- "I'm happy to let you guys know that I've selected my next project! I played the first edition of Assassin's Creed the year I moved to Los Angeles to pursue my dream. At that moment I knew absolutely no one in the industry and could never have imagined that one day Ubisoft would ask me to take the world of Assassin's Creed and create an original story set in it as an anime series. If anyone tells you not to follow your passion in life they are wrong."
- ―Adi Shankar's announcement post
- ↑ Osborne, Alex (22-03-2017). Ubisoft Is Working on an Assassin's Creed TV Series. IGN. Archived from the original on November 8, 2017. Retrieved on March 23, 2017.
- ↑ Skrebels, Joe (05-07-2017). Assassin's Creed Anime Announced by Castlevania Netflix Producer. Archived from the original on July 5, 2017. Retrieved on January 16, 2020.
- ↑ M., Monica (14-11-2016). Netflix And Ubisoft In Talks To Make 'Assassin's Creed', 'Watch Dogs', And 'Tom Clancy' TV Series. Jobs n Hire. Archived from the original on May 10, 2017. Retrieved on January 16, 2020.
- ↑ Moore, Ewan (23-03-2017). Here’s Everything We Know About The Assassin’s Creed TV Series. UNILAD. Archived from the original on June 3, 2017. Retrieved on January 16, 2020.
- ↑ Kane, Ian (15-01-2018). Ubisoft Announces Assassin’s Creed TV Series is in the Works. CYBERPOWERPC. Archived from the original on April 21, 2018. Retrieved on January 16, 2020.
- ↑ AFP Relax News (26-06-2020). 'Cyberpunk: Edgerunners' anime coming from 'Kill la Kill' studio. Yahoo! News. Archived from the original on July 5, 2020. Retrieved on July 5, 2020.