While on the road to Balagrae, Bayek heard an old man cry for help.
- Galenos: Spare a moment for a poor old sot?
Will none of you help me? A manticore stole my eyes!
Bayek approached the man, and addressed him.
- Bayek: What is this madness, old man? Your eyes have been ravaged?
- Galenos: Yes, a manticore devoured them!
- Bayek: A mythical beast stole your sight?
- Galenos: With the face of a woman and the body of a lion.
- Bayek: That is one ferocious lion.
- Galenos: Quick! Before she returns. Take me to my friend Theramenes at the clinic. He will know what to do.
- Bayek: Madness is your bedfellow. But I can't leave you here to be eaten by beasts.
Bayek brought Galenos to the clinic, the man rambling along the way.
- Galenos: I only went berry picking.
- Bayek: There are many wild animals about, do you not have a bow?
- Galenos: A bow against a manticore?
- Bayek: My bow has killed a thousand beasts.
- Galenos: Argg! Are you the griffin? Spiriting me off!
- Bayek: Be still Galenos, it is me Bayek, your savior.
- Galenos: Are we near. Near the clinic, Bayek?
- Bayek: I hope so.
Bayek reached the clinic and placed Galenos on a mat. He spoke to a healer.
- Bayek: Are you the healer Theramenes?
- Theramenes: Yes, yes. Is that Galenos? By the Fates, what happened to him?
- Bayek: I found him by the road, crying that the Manticore took his eyes.
- Theramenes: And his wits along with them.
I have honey and euphrasia... but the temple purloined my more exotic supplies.
- Bayek: I've brought him this far, so what do you need?
- Theramenes: You'll help? Wonder of wonders. I will give you a list.
- Bayek: Let's see what Theramenes can do with these.
He returned to Theramenes, and gave him the ingredients.
- Bayek: How is our patient?
- Theramenes: A babbling fool. We'll get no sense from him til I can relieve his pain. Silphium extract will do it.
- Bayek: That Roman weed?
- Theramenes: Silphium is our weed and because of the Romans it's almost extinct. They process it at the depot north of here.
- Bayek: Which is heavily guarded I bet?
- Theramenes: Should be no problem for one as resourceful as you. Haha.
Bayek sought out the depot north of the clinic. He infiltrated the place and recovered the silphium extract.
- Bayek: I should return this wonder cure to Theramenes.
Bayek returned to Theramenes, and gave him the extract.
- Theramenes: You are a marvel. I will bring our friend back to his senses, not that he had that many to begin with.
- Bayek: If I stumble across a manticore stalking the woods of Balagrae, I will bring you its head.
- Theramenes: Now that I would welcome my boy, they say that its venomous sting will paralyze a man instantly. I could have some use for that!
Medicinally speaking of course!
- Bayek: Of course. Farewell, Theramenes.
- Galenos: Farewell Bayek! And watch out for manticores!
Bayek brought Galenos to safety in Theramenes' clinic. He helped the healer recover ingredients and silphium needed for Galenos' recovery.