Sometime before 1888, Thomas Owers visited a brothel on Gracechurch Street in City of London. There, he was smitten by Mary Williams, one of the prostitutes and subsequently married her, despite the fact that the woman had apparently already been married twice. Mary took on the name Olwyn and her husband's last name.
In 1887, Thomas Owers acquired Owers Manor, after its previous owner had died from a mysterious fall of the residence's roof. From then on, he and his wife hosted regular parties for London's "The Cannibal Club"—a gathering of men whose views on sex were considered deviant by Victorian society.
In the autumn of 1888, Owers Manor was infiltrated by the Assassin Evie Frye. Having learned that Olwyn Owers worked as a lieutenant for Jack the Ripper, Evie intended to assassinate her to diminish his influence over Whitechapel. In order to reach Lady Owers, who was in the private part of the manor, Evie kidnapped Thomas, using him to get past the guards and distract Olwyn Owers to give Evie a window to strike. Thomas was then knocked unconscious from the ordeal.
Following Evie's assassination, and her unnoticed escape from the grounds, Jack the Ripper arrived at Owers Manor, killing Thomas, his guards, and all the visitors present in a massacre. This incident which left no survivors caught the attention of Inspector Frederick Abberline of the Metropolitan Police Service, and the press.
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Syndicate – Jack the Ripper – Gracechurch Street brothel
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Syndicate – Jack the Ripper – Database: Olwyn Owers aka Lady O
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Syndicate – Jack the Ripper – Database: Owers Manor
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Assassin's Creed: Syndicate – Jack the Ripper – The Lady Talks
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Syndicate – Jack the Ripper – Letters of Intent