Kassandra confronted her father Nikolaos at the top of the cliff.
- Spartan Heavy Soldier: The Wolf awaits you. You fought well today—for a mercenary. Don't keep the Wolf waiting.
Kassandra gained the top of the trail.
- Kassandra: This is it... What do I even say...
Her mind quickly flashed back in time.
- Civilian: Murderer! She has killed him!
- Myrrine: Kassandra!
With new found determination, Kassandra walked forward to meet the "Wolf".
- Nikolaos: So you are the champion who won the day. Tell me your name, hero, so that I may greet you as a true warrior.
- Kassandra: Chaire, pater. It's been a long time.
- Nikolaos: Impossible. I saw you fall.
- Kassandra: I didn't fall, you fucking threw me to my death.
- Nikolaos: I did what was required of me as a Spartan. I've made my peace with that. You need to as well.
- Kassandra: You were my father. You were supposed to protect me.
- Nikolaos: You were reckless. You forced my hand.
- Kassandra: I was protecting my brother because you wouldn't.
- Nikolaos: The Oracle decreed that Alexios had to die. Her word is absolute. You know that.
- Kassandra: You can't cower behind your sense of duty anymore...
- Nikolaos: Enough! I can't change the past Kassandra... I will live and die a Spartan.
- Kassandra: There's a large reward for the mercenary that can collect the Wolf's head.
- Nikolaos: Is that why you're here?
- Kassandra: Duty won't save you from the ghosts of our past. Now you will answer to me. I'm going to watch the light fade from your eyes as you die by my hand.
Kassandra pushed Nikolaos, catching him just before he could fall from the edge of the cliff. After a long moment, she let go of him. Nikolaos threw his sword down.
- Nikolaos: I loved you and your brother...
Kassandra stabbed Nikolaos with the spear.
- Nikolaos: You were never truly mine...
Kassandra removed the spear as Nikolaos fell to the ground.
- Kassandra: What do you mean?
- Nikolaos: This is something you need to ask your mother. Kassandra... Kassandra... Beware the snakes in the grass...
Nikolaos expired, and Kassandra fell to her knees as she picked up her father's helm. Stentor arrived and saw Nikolaos dead, then stormed toward Kassandra.
- Stentor: What's the meaning of this? By all the gods, what have you done?!
- Kassandra: I came here to get revenge against the man that tried to murder me, and that's what I did.
- Stentor: Traitor!
Kassandra fought Stentor and defeated him.
- Kassandra: The Spartans will have my head for this. I need to get out of here.
- Kassandra: You've avoided the past long enough. Now you will answer to me.
She pushed him back, catching him just before he could fall from the edge of the cliff. After a long moment, she threw him to the ground behind her.
- Kassandra: Though you deserve death, there is no honor in vengeance. You must face the ghosts of your past, pater. And that is a fate worse than death.
- Nikolaos: I have failed in my duty. I failed to protect you... to protect both of you. I loved you—and your brother as if you were truly my own. But you were never mine.
- Kassandra: What do you mean?
- Nikolaos: That is a question you should ask your mother.
- Kassandra: Wait—
- Nikolaos: Find your mother.
- Kassandra: Find her?
- Nikolaos: Wherever Myrrine is, she knows far more than I do.
Nikolaos began walking away.
- Kassandra: Where will you go?
- Nikolaos: To find my honor. Beware the snakes in the grass, Kassandra.
Kassandra was then left alone atop the cliff, where she picked up Nikolaos' helm.
- Kassandra: I need to get out of here. I should head back to Barnabas.
Kassandra confronted her father Nikolaos many years after the fall on Mount Taygetos. She learned that Nikolaos was not her biological father and that she needed to find her mother Myrrine to know more. She also gained Nikolaos' sword.
- Regardless of the choices given, Nikolaos is spared by Kassandra in the canonical outcome based on the novel.