- Rebel 1: I detest that fort! They rob every Nabatean who enters, and all must enter!
- Rebel 2: Gamilat tells me a Hidden One may attempt to enter it.
Bayek climbed up the tower.
- Maqwat: Bayek! Over here! Tahira said you would come.
- Bayek: Who is my target?
- Maqwat: Ampelius. He oversees all commerce on the peninsula. You will find him below.
A flashback of Ampelius was shown. In the flashback, Ampelius inspected the food of a travelling merchant. However, he spitted it out and ordered his soldiers to take the merchant away.
- Maqwat: He squeezes bloody juice from every coin that passes along the Way of Horus and through those walls.
- Bayek: How will I know him?
- Maqwat: There you have a problem. He dresses exactly like his captains. From afar, he is impossible to identify.
- Bayek: Are you certain he is in the fort?
- Maqwat: I am certain. My partner went in there earlier and never came back.
- Bayek: Wait for me at the Praying Hands. If I find your partner, I will bring him there.
Bayek infiltrated the fort. After a long search, he discovered Ampelius and killed him. A hallucination of Ampelius appeared, where he was shown counting the gold.
- Ampelius: ... ten, eleven... mm-mm.
Bayek approached him from behind, but as Ampelius walked away, Bayek looked into a box, which contained human organs and severed hands. Ampelius reappeared infront of him with his hand cut off.
- Ampelius: The Order is eternal. (laughs)
Bayek assassinated Ampelius, thus freeing the fort from Roman control.
- If Bayek attempts to use Senu to locate Ampelius, she will be unable to find the target and the following dialogue will be shown: Ah, Senu, dear girl. He cannot be found. He is dressed like all the others.