|This article is about the memory. You may be looking for the Roman fort.|
- Rebel 1: I detest that fort! They rob every Nabatean who enters, and all must enter!
- Rebel 2: Gamilat tells me a Hidden One may attempt to enter it.
- Rebel 1: That would be suicide!
- Rebel 2: Not for a Hidden One. Gamilat ordered us to help him if he gets into trouble.
- Rebel 1: What Gamilat orders, I will do. He is the chosen of the gods.
Bayek climbed the main tower. Maqwat called to him.
- Maqwat: Bayek! Over here!
He approached Maqwat at the apex of the tower.
- Maqwat: Tahira said you would come.
- Bayek: Who is my target?
- Maqwat: Ampelius. He oversees all commerce on the peninsula. You will find him below.
A flashback of Ampelius was shown. In the flashback, Ampelius inspected the food of a travelling merchant. However, he spat it out and ordered his soldiers to take the merchant away.
- Maqwat: He squeezes bloody juice from every coin that passes along the Way of Horus and through those walls.
- Bayek: How will I know him?
- Maqwat: There you have a problem. He dresses exactly like his captains. From afar, he is impossible to identify.
- Bayek: Are you certain he is in the fort?
- Maqwat: I am certain. My partner went in there earlier and never came back.
- Bayek: Wait for me at the Praying Hands. If I find your partner, I will bring him there.
Bayek overlooked the fort. Senu flew overhead and began searching for Ampelius, to no avail.
- Bayek: Ah, Senu, dear girl. He cannot be found. He is dressed like all the others.
Bayek infiltrated the fort. After a long search, he discovered Ampelius and killed him. A hallucination of Ampelius appeared, in which he counted gold.
- Ampelius: ... ten, eleven... mm-mm.
Bayek approached him from behind, but as Ampelius walked away, Bayek looked into a box, which contained human organs and severed hands. Ampelius reappeared in front of him with bleeding stumps for wrists and blackened eyes.
- Ampelius: The Order is eternal. (laughs)
Bayek assassinated Ampelius, thus freeing the fort from Roman control.