- Bjorn: Show yourself, cowards!
- Eivor: To me, Njal! Bjorn!
After much death, the lord showed himself.
- Bjorn: You killed her! My Alfhild! Why?
- Anglo-Saxon Soldier: I've always wanted to fight a berserker. And a white bear rug will make a fine trophy.
Eivor fought and killed the lord.
- Bjorn: It's done. Let's leave this blasted place.
Eivor left with Bjorn and Njal.
- Eivor: Bjorn! Your enemy has fallen. You have your revenge.
- Bjorn: Yes. But now I fear I must ask you one last thing, should you be willing.
- Eivor: What is it?
- Bjorn: Njal is tired. I will tend to her beneath the tree where this all began. Please, bring her some of her favorite flowers. They look like...
- Eivor: I know the ones. I'll gather them and meet you beneath the gallows tree.
Eivor made to leave and heard Bjorn talking to Njal.
- Bjorn: Stay strong, my child. Bjorn is here.
- Eivor: I saw some of Njal's favorite flowers growing behind the gallows tree.
Eivor rode to the flower field behind the gallows tree.
- Eivor: His wife's grave. No wonder he visits this tree often.
She collected some of the flowers near it.
- Eivor: Flowers for Njal. Now to meet Bjorn beneath the gallows tree.
She found a solemn Bjorn watching over a dead Njal.
- Bjorn: I brought her here. Where it began. Where it ends.
- Eivor: I understand.
She handed him the flowers.
- Bjorn: They hung my wife in this tree and buried her among its roots.
- Eivor: A grim and undeserved fate.
- Bjorn: We took Njal in as a cub, she and I. No children of our own. Now both are gone, yet I remain. Dear Njal. You were always at my side, for the better years of my life. Why must it end like this?
They prepared a funeral pyre for Njal and sent her off to Valhalla.
- Bjorn: Before, you asked if I would join your clan. I am ready.
- Eivor: Good. There will be a place for you on my longship and in my clan.
- Bjorn: I shall sing of Alfhild and Njal during our travels, sing of their deeds. And I will carry their names into battle.
- Eivor: When you are ready, follow the River Nene to my settlement. We shall welcome you as a brother.
- Bjorn: I will be the berserker of the Raven Clan.
Eivor and Bjorn avenged Alfhild’s death, killing the Mercian lord who hung her, and gave Njal a proper funeral beneath the gallows tree. Bjorn subsequently joined the Raven Clan as a jomsviking.