Kassandra sought to locate the Pythia to find out what she's hiding.
With the Oracle of Delphi's location obtained from Herodotos, Kassandra departed the Temple of Apollo in an attempt to infiltrate the Pythia's home to question her. Kassandra scouted the location with Ikaros before sneaking inside.
- Kassandra: The Oracle is hiding inside. I'll finally get some answers. That's a lot of protection for the Pythia.
Inside the structure, Kassandra kicked open the door to the Pythia's room.
- Pythia: No! Guards!
- Kassandra: I'm not here to hurt you. I just want answers.
- Pythia: The Pythia is a sacred vessel of the gods. People travel the world for my answers. But none of them would dare break into my home. Apollo's wrath will be cruel and swift. Guards!
- Kassandra: Enough with your lies! Tell me what I want to know!
Kassandra choked the Pythia with one hand.
- Pythia: I can't... breathe...
- Kassandra: If you raise your voice... If you tell a lie... I will cut your throat.
She released the Pythia.
- Pythia: I'm dead already. They'll find out you were here. And they'll kill me for it.
- Kassandra: Who? This Cult of Kosmos?
The Pythia struggled to speak. Kassandra raised the back of her hand.
- Kassandra: Speak!
- Pythia: Yes, the Cult wants you dead. They know you're here.
(If "What is the Cult of Kosmos?" is chosen.)
- Kassandra: What is this Cult of Kosmos?
- Pythia: They are the eyes that see, but go unseen.
- Kassandra: Enough with the riddles. I want names!
- Pythia: I don't know! I swear. They hide behind masks and shrouds.
(If "Why do you work for them?" is chosen.)
- Kassandra: Why would you work for the Cult?
- Pythia: I have no choice.
- Kassandra: So all those prophecies from the gods, all those people, you're paid to deceive them all?
- Pythia: Most want to know about love or death. I tell them what they want to hear. But when people want to know about war or politics, I'm paid very well to tell them what the Cult wants them to hear.
(If "Where did the visions come from?" is chosen.)
- Kassandra: You said you saw me in your visions, what did you see?
- Pythia: There is an artifact under the temple of Apollo. It reveals what only the gods should know.
- Kassandra: You called me the child on the mountain.
- Pythia: The Cult hunts a Spartan child who survived a terrible fall from Mount Taygetos. The artifact revealed that child to be you.
- Kassandra: You have an opportunity to do the right thing. Tell me where to find the Cult. Tell me where they are, or we'll go find them together.
- Pythia: Beneath the temple of Apollo there's an ancient chamber. I think they meet there. But without one of their cloaks and masks, you won't make it more than two steps inside.
- Kassandra: Where can I find one of these cloaks and masks?
- Pythia: There is a man, he visits me from time to time. Makes sure I'm well taken care of. I have the biggest house in the Chora of Delphi, yet he still offers me drachmae for my troubles. Gives me the creeps.
- Kassandra: What's his name?
- Pythia: Elpenor.
- Kassandra: Elpenor! He's with the Cult?
- Pythia: I can't be sure, but if he is, he would definitely have what you require.
(If Elpenor is alive)
- Kassandra: Any idea where I can find him?
- Pythia: There is a fort just south of the Valley of the Nymph. He's been known to conduct business there.
- Kassandra: You've been helpful.
- Pythia: May the light of Apollo guide you to your family.
- Pythia: Now get out of my house.
- Pythia: Now go. You bring nothing but darkness with you.
Kassandra gave a short bow and smile, out of thanks or disdain, and left the Pythia alone.
- Kassandra: I should tell Herodotos what the Pythia told me about the Cult. Maybe he'll have some insight.
Herodotos, not far away, awaited Kassandra's return from her infiltration.
- Herodotos: Well? What did the Pythia tell you?
- Kassandra: The Cult of Kosmos is hunting me. But I'm going to hunt them first. She told me they meet in a secret chamber under the Temple of Apollo.
- Herodotos: So, it's all true. If the Cult has done anything, it's fool this old man.
- Kassandra: I can't get in without a mask and cloak. It's how the Cultists identify each other.
- Herodotos: The Temple of Apollo is by the Cave of Gaia—simple enough to find. But a Cultist's mask and cloak? How will you accomplish that?
- Kassandra: The Pythia gave me the only clue I need. When I'm ready, I'll meet you at the temple. For now, I'm going to kill Elpenor... malakas liar.
Herodotus left to prepare for Kassandra's arrival at the chamber entrance.
Kassandra interrogated the Pythia and learned the meeting place of the Cult of Kosmos.
Behind the scenes
If any cult soldier is killed at this location during or even before this quest is active, the Pythia will be interrogated by a forceful brute of a cultist during The Serpent's Lair. Killing them after completing the quest does not seem to trigger the interrogation.
- Players seeking to avoid this should knock out enemies rather than kill them, or fire arrows into corners to draw them away from doors. However, recruiting unconscious guards appears to also trigger the interrogation. Detection and fleeing out of sight is also allowed, but the Pythia can only be spoken to while anonymous.
- For the duration of this quest, a random mercenary may stand guard at the residence alongside the cult soldiers. It is unclear if their demise affects this.