Kassandra participated in the Pre-Trial of Strength.
- Civilian: HE CANNOT BE BEATEN! He's too strong. Your only logical choice is to purchase the Trial Token from him. Be wise, friend.
- Civilian: By Zeus, my legs! If only I hadn't tried to fight the Trial Master. I should have paid him. I SHOULD HAVE PAID HIM!
- Civilian: Put down your spear and grab your drachmae, challenger - for only honorable bribery can save you from sharing my astoundingly painful fate!
- Civilian: Oh my bones! They are EXTREMELY broken. Don't be a fool - please, you must pay to skip this Pre-Trial!
- Civilian: The pain! The incredible pain! My limbs and organs - crushed. If only I'd paid for the Trial Token. What an incredible, fairly priced deal!
Kassandra approached the brute exercising on the stage.
- Pre-Trial Master of Strength: Chaire, poorly-muscled challenger! You are here to have your feeble frame crushed in my Pre-Trial of Strength, yes?
- Kassandra: My "feeble frame" might be harder to crush than you think.
- Pre-Trial Master of Strength: So brave! Pretending you have a chance against a warrior as strong and handsome as me. We may fight for my Token, yes, but maybe you would prefer to remain un-crushed and buy my Token instead? Yes?
- Kassandra: No, we fight.
- Pre-Trial Master of Strength: Are you sure you would not prefer to spend your shiny drachmae—
- Kassandra: We fight.
- Pre-Trial Master of Strength: Then let the crushing begin!
Kassandra and the Trial Master drew their swords.
- Pre-Trial Master of Strength: You should have bought my Token, yes? Very good price! Now you must pay a new price... DEATH.
I will use your bones to pick your other bones from my teeth.
Kassandra defeated the Trial Master.
- Pre-Trial Master of Strength: UGH! This isn't what winning feels like...!
Crush, crush, crush...
Kassandra approached him.
- Pre-Trial Master of Strength: What—what am I feeling? What is this?
- Kassandra: The shame of defeat.
- Pre-Trial Master of Strength: This is defeat?
- Pre-Trial Master of Strength: ...Winning is better, yes.
The Token of Strength is yours. Have a wonderful day—and please don't hit me again.
As Kassandra prepared to leave, the Pre-Trial Master joined the chorus of the civilians around the stage.
- Pre-Trial Master of Strength: My favorite bones! You have crushed them to dust INSIDE of my skin. You ARE a champion, yes!
Kassandra completed the Trial of Strength, obtaining the token in the process.
Civilian: Uhh... Is it break time yet? I feel like my legs will be actually crushed if I stay here any longer...