The Ottoman Connection is a recurring Helix Rift Event in Assassin's Creed: Rebellion that originally lasted from October 5–10, 2018. It comprised of five missions set during the Reconquista in which Ishak Pasha and members of the Ottoman Brotherhood traveled to Spain in an attempt to thwart the Byzantine Templars' purchase of Niccolò Polo's journal from the Inquisition. Successful mission synchronization gave players Data Nodes which unlocked various reward tiers based on the total Nodes collected, with the top tier granting players the character Ishak Pasha to play in future missions; a long weapon, set of heavy armor, and accessories scaled to one's Brotherhood level; and Codex. Upon its return in February 2019, players could unlock the Janissary Murat Bin Husn, with the rewarded armor being of medium instead of heavy class. Players could earn extra Nodes if they used one or more of the following Sync Bonus Heroes:
|Hero||Bonus Data Nodes|
|Inigo Montañés||+50% initially, +25% for each additional rank|
|Shakir al-Zahid||+75% initially, +25% for each additional rank|
|Horacio de Heredia|
|Álvaro de Espinosa|
|Perina di Bastian|
|Shao Jun||+100% initially, +25% for each additional rank|
|Ezio Auditore da Firenze|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Synch Bonus Heroes from October 5–10, 2018
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Synch Bonus Heroes from December 19–24, 2018
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Synch Bonus Heroes from February 13–18, 2019
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Synch Bonus Heroes from April 17–21, 2019
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Synch Bonus Heroes from July 17–21, 2019
Spain: 15th century
In 1495, Aleksei Zima, a former member of the Byzantine Rite of the Templar Order, defected and joined the Assassin Brotherhood. Thanks to his past connections with the Byzantine Templars, Aleksei uncovered a secret trade deal about to go down in Spain that could prove disastrous for the people of Constantinople if it were to succeed.
The Spanish Inquisition had managed to recover Niccolò Polo's journal, "The Secret Crusade", that contained the details of Altaïr's life. Not understanding its true value, the Inquisition were about to trade it with agents of the Byzantine Templars. Behind these Templar efforts was Prince Ahmet, eldest son to Ottoman Sultan Bayezid II and Grand Master of the Byzantine Rite. Ahmet had learned of the journal's contents from his uncle Cem and was intent on gaining possession of it to learn Assassins' secrets that further the Byzantine Templar's cause.
For the Assassins, it was vital that this old journal did not fall into Templar hands. Determined to thwart the deal the recover the journal, Ishak Pasha, leader of the Ottoman Brotherhood, embarked on a secret mission with a small team of his most trusted Assassins. To succeed, they would need the help of the Spanish Assassins...
Chapter 1 - Ávila
Chapter 2 - Segovia
Chapter 3 - Segovia
- The name of the Helix Event seems to be a reference to the French Connection, a Corsican Mafia drug-trafficking ring that smuggled heroin from Turkey to France before sending it through Canada to the United States. It operated as early as 1937 and continued until its dismantling in the 1970s by European authorities and the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs. Just like the historical reality, the Helix Event features a highly-valued product exchanging hands in a market hidden from the public eye, with one of the involved parties originating from Turkey.