- D'Éon: Mon cher ami. Have you heard of the Crimson Rose? He goes by the name of Sir Reginald and pretends to be a bit of a twit, but he's quite brilliant at helping people escape the guillotine. I'm suspicious of him. I'd like you to integrate yourself by saving him from an ambush.
- Arno: What ambush?
- D'Éon: The one that's about to take place at his home: the Hôtel Fieubet. Save him and, in gratitude, he may well admit you to his secret League.
Arno made his way to a soirée at the Hôtel Fieubet and looked for the Crimson Rose.
- Guests: One must enjoy these soirées while one can. Soon, the lunatics will have our heads.
The Crimson Rose and his League saved my dear uncle from the guillotine.
- League member 1: Are you here to meet with "Sir Reginald"? Want to join the Crimson League, eh? Good man.
- League member 2: The Crimson League? I may be a member. Not about to say.
Arno found the Crimson Rose.
- Crimson Rose: May I compliment your cravat? Very stylish, although I recommend an underhand know in the future. I have an eye for such things. Sink me if the ladies don't pay more attention to you when you've an underhand knot, eh?
- Guest: Oh, Sir Reginald! Your observations are so amusing!
- Crimson Rose: I speak not to amuse, but to inform, my dear fellow! Overhand knots are a relic of the past!
Arno approached the Crimson Rose.
- Crimson Rose: An ambush? I cannot be apprehended just as my plans are coming together! You, sir, if you help me hold them off, you shall have my gratitude!
- Guard: After him, men! Kill the Crimson Rose!
After fighting off the assailants, Arno killed their leader, Chauvelin.
- Crimson Rose: Well done! You seem the sort of fellow I could use in my organization. I shall call on you in the future!
Arno earned the trust of the Crimson Rose.