Kjotve's forces in the village were thin. He may have held most of his warriors within the hall. It makes no matter. We are a great wave that can not be broken.
Kjotve must be after the treasure we got from that trader from the south. I will send my raiders to flank the hall. No one will be able to escape unnoticed.
Eivor and the three Raven Clan Vikings met in the wooded mountains at the outskirts of the raided village.
- Eivor: I will join the main body of the war-band and lead the assault. I want you to scale the rear face of the hill and draw fighters away from the front. Allow none to escape.
Eivor ran off to join the main assault party.
The Vikings made their way through the forest, eliminating any raiders they encountered until they reached the main hall high on a cliff top. Entering, they saw Hrolfr Kjotvesson standing at the back near a treasure chest.
- Hrolfr: You're too late, Raven. My father has what he came for.
- Viking 2: You must be the younger son.
- Hrolfr: I am Hrolfr. Learn it well before I kill you.
- Viking 2: You and your father will wander in Niflheim before this night is done.
- Hrolfr: We die in glory or not at all, little bird! Now come, face Hrolfr and fall!
Hrolfr engaged the Vikings in combat but was fatally wounded.
- Hrolfr: Well fought, bird. But it avails you nothing. Baubles you shall have, but the real treasure is gone.
Hrolfr collapsed dead on the floor. With the chest unguarded, the Vikings lockpicked it just as Eivor ran in through the main doors
- Eivor: You've claimed the hall! Well done. What have you there?
- Viking 2: A trunk, brimming with treasure, lord.
Eivor observed the loot and stood in thought.
- Eivor: The same drops of wrought sunlight which drew Sigurd's eyes south, down the Volga. What of the scrolls?
- Viking 2: Scrolls? There are none here, Eivor.
Jora Blood-Shoulder entered the hall and interrupted the Vikings.
- Jora: Eivor! We have found a secret path out of the hall!
- Viking 2: What is this about, Eivor? We've won, have we not?
- Eivor: Kjotve, that worm in Fenris' ass. He must have made off with the scrolls. Come, we must away. We cannot let Kjotve escape.
Eivor and the Raven Clan Vikings successfully assaulted the village meadhall occupied by Kjotve's forces. There, they met Kjotve's son Hrolfr, who taunted them for being too late to catch his father. After killing Hrolfr and looting the hall, the Vikings were informed that Kjotve had taken a secret exit, and so quickly resumed the chase.