|This article is about the memory. You may be looking for the device of the same name.|
- Yusuf: Praise the heavens! We feared we had lost our Mentor to the vices of the big city!
- Ezio: I am content with my own vices, grazie (thank you).
- Yusuf: So, what's on your mind, Ezio?
- Ezio: Tell me more about the Templars. You call them Byzantines, yet the Byzantine Empire was overthrown sixty years ago.
- Yusuf: These men are remnants of a line loyal to the cause of the last Emperor, Constantine XI. Who leads them now, however, I cannot say.
- Ezio: Capisco. (I see.) I suppose it is up to me to find out.
Yusuf noticed Ezio's second Hidden Blade, which was broken.
- Yusuf: Ezio, where is your hookblade?
- Ezio: My hookblade?
- Yusuf: You've never seen one? I grew up using these.
One of the Assassins nearby handed Yusuf a Hookblade, who passed it to Ezio. Following this, Ezio armed himself with the new blade.
- Ezio: Hmm, show me how it works.
- Yusuf: Follow my lead!
Yusuf free-ran up two walls, with Ezio close behind, before they arrived at a rooftop. At this point, Yusuf began to demonstrate the Hookblade's ability to extend an Assassin's reach while jumping.
- Yusuf: Think of the hookblade as an extension of yourself, Ezio.
Shortly after, Yusuf reached a corner-mounted lamp.
- Yusuf: You think I can't make this one?
Yusuf performed a long jump on the lamp with the Hookblade, and then laughed.
- Yusuf: Didn't break a sweat!
After some time, the pair returned to the Galata Tower, where Yusuf displayed the last of the Hookblade's moves.
- Yusuf: Watch and learn, Ezio. We call this a hook-and-run. Sprint at your opponent, and just as you reach him, use the Hookblade to slip by.
Ezio practiced the hook-and-run maneuver.
- Yusuf: Shahane! (Good!)
Ezio gained a replacement for his broken Hidden Blade, and learned the maneuvers that could be performed with the Hookblade.