Under Leandros' orders, Ezio was led to the fortress' watchtower to be hung. However, Leandros was knocked back and found the noose around his neck as Ezio managed to escape.
- Ezio: Claudia, my dearest sister. I have been in Acre a week now, safe and in high spirits, but prepared for the worst.
The men and women who have fed and sheltered me here also give me warning that the road to Masyaf is overrun by mercenaries and bandits not native to this land. What this could mean, I dread to guess.
When I first set out from Roma ten months ago, I did so with a single purpose: to discover what our father did not. In a letter written the year before my birth, he makes mention of a library hidden beneath the stones of Masyaf castle. A sanctum full of invaluable wisdom.
So what will I find when I arrive there? Who will greet me? A host of eager Templars, as I fear most strongly? Or nothing but the whistling of a cold and lonely wind?
Masyaf has not been home to the Assassins for almost three hundred years now. Can we still claim it for our own? Are we welcome there?
Ah, I am weary of this fight, Claudia. Not because I am tired, but because our struggle seems to move in one direction only... towards chaos.
Today I have more questions than answers. This is why I have come so far: To find clarity. To find the wisdom left behind by the great Altaïr, so that I may better understand the purpose of our fight. And my place in it.
Should anything happen to me, Claudia... should my skills fail me, or my ambition lead me astray, do not seek retribution or revenge in my memory, but fight to continue the search for truth, so that all may benefit. My story is one of many thousands, and the world will not suffer if it ends too soon.
- The Hangman is the only trailer in the Assassin's Creed series to be incorporated as a memory. As a result, it has several errors due to being rendered before the final game:
- Ezio is seen sailing for Constantinople, even though he journeys there only after finding out about the Masyaf Keys.
- During the fight with Templars, Ezio's robes bear on the chest the Levantine Assassins' insignia, rather than the standard Ottoman Assassins'.
- A Persian Scimitar and Romani Stiletto are also seen strapped to Ezio's belt with individual scabbards, even though he recovers only the Assassin Yataghan Sword along with his bracers later. He also later earns the Romani Stiletto in Constantinople after he arrived there.
- During the fight, Ezio's left Hidden Blade is broken, yet once his items are recovered, it is the right one that is broken.
- When Ezio is about to be hanged, he has his Hidden Blade bracers. However, he does not have the bracers when he searches for his weapons.
- Ezio also lacks the Hidden Gun.
- Oddly, the vision of Altaïr appears to have a quiver on his back instead of the short blade sheath, despite the fact that Altaïr is never shown to have used a ranged weapon that would require a quiver.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.