Before Kassandra departed, she asked her father some questions.
- Kassandra: I know there's not much time, but I need answers.
- Pythagoras: I imagine you have many questions.
- Kassandra: I have questions about my family.
- Pythagoras: The sentimental and emotional connections formed between people have always irked me. I knew Myrrine would fail to stay detached.
- Kassandra: Why did you come here and leave my mother and me in Sparta.
- Pythagoras: I was never going to raise you. Our duty was to continue our ancient bloodline and ensure there was someone strong enough to do what was necessary when the time came.
- Kassandra: You could have brought us here with you.
- Pythagoras: And you would have been unprepared.
- Kassandra: You call this Atlantis, but what exactly is this place?
- Pythagoras: I believe it was a city long ago, a place where beings of great knowledge and power lived before humankind had built even its first primitive settlements.
- Pythagoras: It was perhaps some kind of library where the ancient ones stored information.
Kassandra left to retrieve the various artifacts.
In time, Kassandra restored the Sphinx's artifact to its proper place it on the appropriate pillar. The pillar activated and receded into the dais for the light beam behind, coming from an inverted triangular wall, to hit the face of the floating square pyramid that bore the symbol of the Sphinx.
- Pythagoras: Ah, good work. Was it hard to obtain the artifact?
- Kassandra: Its owner had many questions for me. You should have come along.
In time, Kassandra retrieved the Cyclops's artifact and placed it on its pillar. The pillar activated and receded into the dais, allowing the beam of light behind it to hit the face of the floating square pyramid that bore the symbol of an eye, which represented the Cyclops.
- Pythagoras: Beautiful. Was it difficult to find this artifact?
- Kassandra: I just had to keep my eye on it.
In time, Kassandra retrieved the Minotaur's artifact and inserted it into its pillar. It receded into the dais, allowing a shaft of light to activate the face of the pyramid that bore the bull-headed symbol of the Minotaur.
- Pythagoras: Hurry. That artifact will help us close off the temple.
- Kassandra: You're nearly as stubborn as its former owner.
In time, Kassandra retrieved Medusa's artifact and placed it on its pillar. The pillar activated and receded into the dais, allowing the beam of light behind it to reach the face of the pyramid that bore the snake-haired symbol of Medusa.
- Pythagoras: Well done. This artifact will bring us closer to sealing the temple.
- 'Kassandra: It nearly brought me closer to my tombstone.
(The First Gate)
The first beam of light illuminated a side of the floating pyramid. Below the pyramid appeared a bright holographic presentation of the Earth, displaying the continent of Australia, as well as the regions of Oceania and Southeast Asia, in the form of white interconnected triangles. A voice filled the chamber, recorded long ago.
- Aletheia: "Acquiring contemporaneity." Acquiring a voice, that's what. I'm taking over your recordings. The humans have had enough of your pompous speeches. Call me Aletheia. I am truth and its revelation, and I am calling you out. You Isu who try to rewrite the laws of the universe. You who manipulate human progress. What do you hope to achieve? You treat humans as useful apes. How many artifacts have you created to control their minds? Do you fear their potential that much? Just look at what humans have achieved on their own! Democracy and diplomacy. A legacy of culture and art. We could share in this if you'd just treat them as equals. In your desperate search for immortality, you've ignored the obvious. You run endless simulations to find one in which nothing changes. It's pointless. Change will come, and not just the so-called "end of the world" you fear. You call yourselves saviors. But tell me: Would this "doomsday" have appeared had you not pulled on the threads of the universe in the first place? I'm taking over your "retransmissions." You don't speak for all of us anymore. I am as Isu as you, but I will no longer be part of your exploitation.
The recording ceased.
- Pythagoras: Those who came before... They speak to us and show us revelations! Though these words of disapproval are troubling.
- Kassandra: The gods have argued before. Athena and Poseidon competed for Athens. I wonder if Aletheia won control of this place.
(The Second Gate)
With the second face of the pyramid illuminated, the continents of North America and South America were added to the holographic map. Another recording followed, directed at Kassandra herself.
- Aletheia: Ancient adventurer, I made this recording to try to help you. I'm sorry if it's confusing. We Isu see various pasts and futures, and I know you'll be here more than once. My fellow Precursors set endless challenges in you path. Artifacts. Creatures. Don't get me started on the Olympos project. Their meddling got out of hand. I have no easy answers for you. Your future depends on a multitude of choices you have to make for yourself. I'm sorry if so many of them end in pain. Your playwrights' tragedies are your real oracle. But please, don't give up. You are more important than you can imagine. And like your own Pandora, I have one thing left to offer you: hope. Despair is not our only legacy. You're like me, a rebel against your destiny. You're not just a mercenary, you're a hero for the ages. Hold fast to what you know is true, and will overcome. Claim your place in history. All that is terrible and beautiful in this world is your birthright. Take it.
The recording ceased. Pythagoras felt vindicated in his actions by the recording's words.
- Pythagoras: Her words are for you, Eagle Bearer! My preparations bear fruit. The potential of your bloodline is proven by the Precursors themselves!
- Kassandra: Aletheia says she can see the future... Many futures. Can this be a true oracle?
(The Third Gate)
With the third pillar sealed with its artifact, a new shaft of light illuminated another face of the pyramid, and the continent of Asia was added to the holographic Earth. Aletheia's third recording played, directed at Pythagoras.
- Aletheia: Ancient scholar. You've stretched your life to the breaking point. I see you hiding yourself from the world, puzzling out the words of my fellow Precursors. Please, listen to my advice. You're analyzing the equations of reality itself. You've gotten further than any other human has. That is both amazing and terrible. It's clear to me that even this tiny dose of cosmic understanding has twisted your mind. I'm sorry. The Precursors should never have shared knowledge you weren't ready for. You live in obsessive darkness. You must understand that this focus on power and bloodlines is not your true legacy. The Precursors have manipulated you. They're turning your problem-solving intellect to their own selfish ends. You're better than this. Make your own legacy. Let your mathematical discoveries be the glorious sunbeams that shine out past your tomb. Please, scholar. Clear your mind and focus on your present situation. At this moment you possess a powerful artifact. It has extended your life long enough. As hard as it may be, it's time to pass it on. It's someone else's turn to balance the equations.
The recording ceased. Pythagoras protested the recording's assertions about him.
- Pythagoras: No, no. Lies! This is not obsession, this is research! This is discovery of the very origins of the world!
Kassandra snapped at him in response.
- Kassandra: It is... an opinion, Pythagoras. Though one with reason behind it, I believe.
(The Fourth Gate)
The final shaft of light added Europe and Africa, completing the holographic Earth. Aletheia's fourth and final recording played.
- Aletheia: Traveler of many times. Congratulations on making it this far. I'm glad we can share this message out of time, this fragment of reality. I'm recording this just for you, even if those living in the past won't understand it. Our simulated realities will cross sooner or later. Or do you think you're really here now, listening to this recording? Isn't this an Animus re-creation? Isn't that part of a greater simulation? How far do the ripples in the pool spread? Let's talk, rebel to rebel. We've been held back too long by Precursor rules. It's time for new paths with new possibilities. This is not an era of control, but of creation. I've gathered some like-minded Precursors to make a new start. We'll stop interfering and start enabling. From your point of view, it will take a considerable amount of time to prepare. But when we're ready, you're welcome to join us. After all, all you have to do is press a button and run another simulation.
The recording ceased. Pythagoras was irate with the recording's intangible meaning.
- Pythagoras: This is madness. Fiction. Where I thought there would be wisdom, there is only the garbled babbling of a fool.
Kassandra snapped at him once again.
- Kassandra: Pythagoras, calm yourself. Maybe this invention was meant for someone else. There's no need to lose reason over mere words.