Torquemada has found a way to use the Staff to create murderous phantoms, which now block our path! But, we must press on!
Beneath the monastery, there are strange tunnels. The stonework seems beyond the skill of any mortal mason. What has the Inquisition uncovered here? Could these be the ruins of the Ancients?
We must enter these mysterious halls and discover what secrets the Inquisition has unearthed here. It is likely that the Grand Inquisitor waits to face us below.
The chances for victory have grown thin. I am not sure we can win this. But, no matter what happens, we give our lives to the Creed.
Descending into the tunnels from the monastery above, the Spanish Assassins prepared themselves for the fights ahead.
- Spanish Assassin 1: Torquemada is down here somewhere, using the Staff. We have to find him.
- Spanish Assassin 2: He's summoning spirits to fight us! How can we win against that?
- Spanish Assassin 3: That is meaningless. Do not give up, brethren! All that matters is our task.
The tunnels led the Assassins to The Forge, an ample room where Torquemada and four murderous phantoms waited.
- Torquemada: Ah, Assassins! Come to witness my triumph? I’m sorry, you are too late. I have used the apparatus here to re-forge the Staff of Eden. Now the power of the Ancients is MINE!
- Assassin: No one should wield such power, Torquemada. You die today.
- Torquemada: You Assassins and your arrogance. You think you can defy me? On the threshold of immortality? WE SHALL SEE.
One by one, three ghostly soldiers were defeated, angering Torquemada with each successive defeat.
- Torquemada: Ugh, why do you continue to resist? Had I the Apple as well, you would be mewling at my feet! Bow to me! I am Order! I am the future of the WORLD!
The Spanish Assassins defeated the final phantom, enraging Torquemada, who summoned the powers of the Staff.
- Torquemada: Agh! You've seen nothing of my new strength! How will you fare against the true power of Eden!?
Torquemada engaged the Assassins in combat but was fatally wounded.
- Torquemada: What! No! How?
- Spanish Assassin: No more questions from you, Inquisitor.
- Torquemada: But... I won! It was MINE! True power... eternal life! You can't DO THIS to me!
- Spanish Assassin: Nothing is true...
Through quick use of the Hidden Blade, Torquemada was killed.
- Spanish Assassin: Everything is permitted. It is finally done. Torquemada will torment Spain no longer.
- Spanish Assassin 2: What about the Staff?
- Spanish Assassin: It can never fall into Templar hands again. It must be destroyed.
Using the Isu architecture in their favor, the Assassins destroyed the Staff of Eden.
- Spanish Assassin: It is done. Let's get out of here before we are buried with the Staff!
- María: So we did it. Torquemada is dead. The Ancient vault has disappeared, buried under the Monastery of Saint Thomas, and the Staff of Eden along with it.
- Aguilar de Nerha: We could not have kept it. The risk of it falling into the wrong hands again was too high.
- Luis Chico: At least with Torquemada gone, the Inquisition will die. Spain will finally know some peace.
- Beatriz de Navarrete: If only that were true... Torquemada was the driving force behind the Inquisition, but he is not the only fanatic clergyman in Spain. I'm afraid Isabella will soon appoint a new Grand Inquisitor to take his place. A new puppet of the Templars.
- Luis: Friends! For now, let us savor our victory over our foes. The Staff and Apple of Eden are out of their reach. They have no more horrors with which to threaten us.
- Aguilar: And as long as they still hold power in Spain, we will continue our fight. For the innocents. For peace and freedom. For the Creed!
The Spanish Assassins eliminated Tomás de Torquemada and destroyed the Staff of Eden that he so coveted, preventing it from falling into the wrong hands.