Along the road west of Fornburg, Eivor came by Sjaleng Lookout, where a Raven Clan warrior was shouting about a deserter.
- Outpost Leader: That god-cursed bacraut has deserted again! Come back or be branded a deserter! Do you want to be an outlaw? This is your last chance!
- Eivor: Why are you shouting?
- Outpost Leader: Eyvind has wandered off again. Every time, he claims he got lost in the mountains. I have had enough. If I have to risk more men looking for him, he will be branded and outlawed.
- Eivor: Eyvind... He is Gunnar's sister's son, if I have it right. Do not fire your irons yet, I'll have a look around.
Eivor continued further into the mountains and eventually came across a man sleeping at his post.
- Eivor: So, Eyvind is asleep on his watch. That would explain some things.
- Sleepwalker: [snoring, mumbling]
- Eivor: Eyvind! Wake up, or you will be cast into the wild.
Eyvind stood and began walking away, still snoring.
- Sleepwalker: ... Must stay awake... they could be anywhere...
- Eivor: Is he walking in his sleep?
- Sleepwalker: ...They are everywhere... if we die, everyone dies...
...Must not fall asleep... need to see them coming...
Eivor followed the sleeping Eyvind, and they started nearing the edge of a cliff, where a rope slide had been strung across a large drop.
- Eivor: Eyvind, wake up! You are headed for the edge!
Is he going to ride the rope-slide?
- Sleepwalker: ...Windy... storm coming... Wha...? Ahhhhhhh!
Eyvind rode the rope-slide to the neighboring mountain in his sleep, waking part-way down. Eivor followed him.
- Eivor: Eyvind, Eyvind! Calm down. You were asleep.
- Eyvind: No, I was flying through the air!
- Eivor: In your sleep. A harsh awakening, true, but at least you live. Have you always taken these dream walks?
- Eyvind: Since my posting here. When I am in bed, I worry about ways we could be attacked. When I am on watch, I cannot stay awake.
- Eivor: Only a fool stays awake all night worrying. You're tired when you get up, and the problem is still not solved.
- Eyvind: You speak with the wisdom of Odin, Eivor. I will think on these words when I am in bed.
- Eivor: Consider them on your watch and sleep when in your bed. But now, report back before you are labeled a deserter. Go.
Eyvind ran back toward the Outpost.
Eivor followed Eyvind and told him what happened after he woke up, warning him for the future.