Eivor arrived at the brewery to help.
Eivor arrives at the brewery, finding it a complete mess.
Eivor spoke to the drunkard standing in the middle of the mess, Alwin.
- Eivor: What's happened here?
- Alwin: Eivor's here, thank the gods above! Though it seems they have forsaken us. I am sorry to tell you, Eivor ... Tekla is gone.
- Eivor: What? Dead?
- Alwin: No, no, no. She's on an errand and left her apprentice in charge. It was him who did all this.
- Eivor: Who is this apprentice?
- Alwin: A fellow called Ake. He'll know what happened here. You need to find him!
- Eivor: Me? Why not you?
- Alwin: Somebody's got to clean up this mess! Besides, I'm startlingly drunk. You go on!
Eivor left and went to find Ake. As she left, she could hear Alwin complaining loudly.
- Alwin: My cup has run dry! How is anyone meant to survive without something to drink? I need to drown my sorrows!
Eivor tracked down the apprentice to an overlook, where he was crouched, observing the movement below.
- Eivor: That must be Ake. It would seem drunks are not the best trackers.
- Ake: Those Saxon scum cannot get away with this. They will fear my very name. And Tekla will see that I am worthy of her faith. There they are! Down there. But where are the barrels?
- Eivor: You. Are you Ake?
- Ake: Who's asking?
He turns to Eivor, getting up to face her.
- Eivor: Do you not know me? I am Teklas's friend, Eivor. I want to know why you left her brewery in shambles.
- Ake: Take that back! I'd never do such a thing. It was those Saxon bandits! And I'm gonna slay every last one of 'em.
- Eivor: Bandits? In Ravensthorpe?
- Ake: It seemed nice enough. I invited 'em to try Tekla's new brew. We get drinking and the next thing I wake up and the barrels are gone! Now that you are here, we can solve this together. With our fists!
- Eivor: You got bandits drunk, they behaved as bandits do, and now you seek violence? Ake, you're not in a state to solve problems.
- Ake: O no? Well, how about I show you the kind of state I'm in? You'll see how a brewer fights!
- Eivor: Lower your fists. We can go back to the brewery until you sober up.
- Ake: Enough talk! Have at me!
Ake attacked Eivor.
- Eivor: I have no quarrel with you, Ake.
- Ake: Looks like you do!
- Ake: Get out of my way! I've got to find the bandits!
Eivor beat him into submission.
- Ake: No fair! I wasn't ready.
- Eivor: Ake, go back to the brewery.
- Ake: I traveled across the sea to study under a master brewer. Tekla entrusted me with her finest ale ... and I lost it! If you knew what it was like, to fear losing the faith of the one you admire, you would not be so callous.
- Eivor: I will make you a deal. We will go get the barrels back. But I will do it. You wait at the boat. No more fighting.
- Ake: Very well. It must be with the bandits. Call if you need help. Between you and me, your left jab could use a little work.
Eivor smirked and head for the bandit encampment.
- Eivor: All right. Where have they hidden the ale?
Tracking her target down to the to one of the buildings, she entered the room where it was being kept.
- Eivor: This is Tekla's ale. I would know those barrels anywhere. She truly is a master.
She picked up the barrel and carried it out of the bandit's camp.
- Eivor: Now to get this back to Ake's boat.
Arriving at the boat, she greeted Ake.
- Eivor: Tekla's ale is safe.
- Ake: Thank you, Eivor. You are a hero among heroes. My final request would only be that we keep this matter between us.
- Eivor: That I can do.
- Ake: I got a few of these Yule Tokens from Norvid. Happy to spare them, as payment for your kindness. Perhaps you can spend them on some fighting lessons.
Eivor recovered Tekla's special ale and received some Yule Tokens for her discretion.