A young woman stands on the edge of a high cliff, causing concern for her safety.
Bayek discovered a woman standing on the edge of a cliff west of Soknopaiou Nesos.
- Bayek: That young woman is standing right on the edge of the cliff. I should check on her.
Bayek climbed up the hill and approached the woman.
- Tuaa: Who are you? What are you doing? Stay back or I'll jump! You aren't the first person to try and persuade me!
- Bayek: Easy. That is a long way down, even for me.
- Tuaa: It doesn't matter. Nothing matters anymore. A scorpion took my husband's life. There's nothing left for me now.
- Bayek: You could find the scorpion that killed him, and kill it.
- Tuaa: Are you mocking me or trying to be cruel?
- Bayek: Even bitter laughter is better than death. Why don't you step away from the ledge? We can talk.
- Tua: I don't know what to say.
- Bayek: Tell me of your husband.
- Tuaa: We used to come up here to watch the herons. Two of them built a nest together in that tree. We watched them bring fish for their young. We dreamed of our own children.
- Bayek: And you're sad because you did not have any.
- Tuaa: You're not very good at this, Medjay. You're not making me feel any better.
- Bayek: There is no way to make you feel better. There is only tomorrow. And then the next day. One moment at a time.
- Tuaa: What you say is true. I just don't think I can face it.
- Bayek: I want to show you something. I'll return soon. Try not to jump.
Bayek left Tuaa.
- Bayek: There were some herons nearby, down by that tree.
Bayek headed down the hill and hunted some herons. He collected a heron feather.
- Bayek: I have got what I need. I should give the feather to the girl.
Bayek climbed back up the hill and returned to Tuaa.
- Bayek: This is for you.
Bayek passed the heron feather to Tuaa.
- Tuaa: A heron feather? Why?
- Bayek: It is a Siwan ritual. Feathers mean a lot to us. Anubis will weigh all our hearts when we die against Ma'at's white feather. Yours. Mine. Our loved ones...
- Tuaa: I know what you are doing. This feather is for my afterlife.
- Bayek: Your husband will meet you in the Field of Reeds when it's time. But it's not a place to rush to. He would want you to live now, and be happy.
- Tuaa: Yes, you're right. He would. I should thank you for this gift.
- Bayek: You can thank me by showing me the way down.
- Tuaa: Alright Medjay. You win. This way.
Bayek followed Tuaa down the hill.
- Tuaa: I'm sorry. I must seem childish to you.
- Bayek: Believe me, no. I understand your grief..
- Tuaa: That's why you knew what to say, isn't it? Did you lose someone too?
- Bayek: Many have lost loved ones to the Ptolemies.
- Tuaa: Does it get better?
- Bayek: It gets better. But you will never be the same.
- Tuaa: Yes. I already know that...
- Bayek: What is your name?
- Tuaa: I am Tuaa. I am not from here. I come from Krokodilopolis.
- Bayek: I am Bayek, from Siwa. What are you doing in Soknopaiou Nesos?
- Tuaa: You're from Siwa? I can tell. You're so nice. Your people are kind.
I didn't want to waste my life sewing and weaving for my father. Then I met my husband and we eloped. We didn't have much, but we were happy here.
- Bayek: You could return to your family. They will miss you. You could be happy again.
- Tuaa: I can't go back to sewing carpets. Besides, my father will never look me in the face again.
- Bayek: Few fathers would turn away the child they thought they had lost.
As they made their way down, several leopards approached them.
- Tuaa: Leopards! Bayek!
- Bayek: Stay back!
Bayek eliminated the leopards.
- Tuaa: Dua Sobek! I thought we were dead!
- Bayek: Are you hurt?
- Tuaa: No, but that was terrifying! Death isn't so desirable when you really see it. I guess I do want to live.
- Bayek: Ha! Now she wants to live! Ha, ha. Eh, that is good. But we should move before hyenas come for the carcasses.
- Tuaa: Could you take me to the docks?
Bayek escorted Tuaa to the docks.
- Bayek: You've decided where to go, then?
- Tuaa: I'll find that scorpion that killed my husband! Haha!
No, I think I know what to do. I'll head South, maybe even back to Krokodilopolis. I've always wanted to work at the theatre. This place has too many memories for me.
- Bayek: Don't forget your family. Your father will miss you, whatever you think.
Bayek and Tuaa arrived at the docks in Soknopaiou Nesos.
- Bayek: Here we are. Will you be okay?
- Tuaa: Thank you, Bayek. I will keep this feather, and weigh it against my heart. Go do your hero work!
- Bayek: Be safe, Tuaa.
Bayek was able to prevent Tuaa from ending her life and convinced her otherwise.