Kassandra approached Phoibe, who was sitting on a rock.
- Phoibe: How'd it go with Markos?
- Kassandra: How it always goes. I didn't get the money, and I'm running another errand for him.
- Phoibe: Why do you let him boss you around?
Kassandra stood up.
- Kassandra: What do you want, Phoibe?
- Phoibe: You know Kausos?
- Kassandra: The town on the other side of the island? Why?
- Phoibe: People there are sick—and my friend Kynna is too. There's a blood fever. They say it's a curse and that they need help from the gods.
- Kassandra: I told you. I'm not a god.
- Phoibe: But, Ikaros—
- Kassandra: Is a bird.
- Phoibe: That doesn't mean you can't help!
- Kassandra: All right, I'll look into it.
Kassandra travelled to the village of Kausos, which had been largely burned down.
- Kassandra: By the gods. What's happened here?
He came across a priest and his guards surrounding a family.
- Priest: Take them away!
- Civilian 1: You're murderers! Murderers!
- Priest: If the gods won't help you, the sickness must be destroyed by our hands! We have no choice.
Kassandra approached the priest and the tied up villagers.
- Child: Help us!
- Civilian 1: He won't let us go!
- Kassandra: What's going on?
- Priest: Kausos was consumed by plague... We couldn't keep up with the bodies. It was spreading—we had to intervene.
- Civilian 1: They killed our brothers! Our neighbours!
- Civilian 2: We survived the massacre, but he'll kill us now!
- Priest: The gods have abandoned us. The sick must join the dead if we are to save the living!
- Kassandra: You burned the whole village?
- Priest: Many nights were lost praying. We had to take action—to scorch the blood fever out of Kausos.
- Kassandra: Is there no hope for a cure?
- Priest: Nothing has worked. Sacrifice, prayers...
- Civilian 2: Healers won't come near us, soldiers won't let us leave... The gods won't answer our prayers!
- Kassandra: But I don't know anything about plague.
- Priest: There's nothing you can do.
- Civilian 1: No!
- Priest: If you intervene, I will be forced to defend the god's wills.
- Civilian 1: Save us from him! Have pity!
- Civilian 2: We aren't even sick! We'll get better!
- Priest: Nobody gets better! This is the only way all of Kephallonia will save itself from extermination!
- Civilian 2: Please!
- Civilian 1: We have children! Think of them!
- Priest: Don't regret stopping here, misthios...
- Kassandra: Let them go.
- Priest: What?!
The villagers ran for safety.
- Kassandra: You're no god.
The priest and his guards attacked Kassandra, who defeated and killed them. Kassandra returned to the villagers outside the village. Phoibe came over.
- Phoibe: You're a hero!
- Civilian 1: That priest came from the underworld. Some "man of the gods."
- Civilian 2: The real gods sent you. Time to go. We're well enough to travel, but need healing.
- Civilian 1: Before you go—take my drachmae. It can't pay for what you gave us, but it's all we have.
Kassandra accepted the coin pouch.
- Kassandra: It'll do just fine.
She shook the man's hand.
- Kassandra: Safe travels.
The family left the place.
- Phoibe: Be safe, Kynna!
Kassandra shook the man's hand.
- Civilian 2: You're a gift from the gods, Eagle Bearer. I hope they bless you!
The family left the place.
- Phoibe: Bye Kynna! Be safe!
Kassandra left the village, allowing the priest to go ahead with the killing. Phoibe confronted Kassandra.
- Phoibe: You... you didn't save them? What about Kynna? She's my friend!
- Kassandra: How could I make that choice? I can't always go into things spear first.
- Phoibe: You saw they were in trouble! What about Kynna?
- Kassandra: They could infect the entire island, Phoibe. You don't know best either.
Kassandra squat down to comfort Phoibe.
- Kassandra: Sometimes, good people die, Phoibe. No matter how much we don't like it.
- Phoibe: I know... I just wish it wasn't true.
Kassandra helped Phoibe to look into the blood fever plaguing the village of her friend. She was left to decide the family's fate.
Behind the scenes
The choices made in this memory will affect the dialogue later in the game. If Kassandra chooses to attack the priest and save the family, she will later be informed by Barnabas that the blood fever has spread throughout the island, turning it into a graveyard. Phoibe will tell Kassandra upon meeting her anew in Athens that she heard there’s a plague in Kephallonia. Not interfering with the priest's plans to kill the family will leave the young parents and their children dead, but save Kephallonia. It is also possible to skip this mission during Chapter 1, in which case the plague will eventually spread across the island.
The priest and his two temple guards have unique avatars when viewed by Ikaros. They can be knocked out and recruited as lieutenants for the Adrestia after the option to knock out is unlocked in Equal Employment Opportunity Program.