The Art of Assassin's Creed: Valhalla is an art book. It was released on November 18, 2020.
Dark Horse Books and Ubisoft are thrilled to present The Art of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, the official art book of the next installment in the Assassin's Creed series.
The Art of Assassin's Creed Valhalla is a masterfully designed oversized hardcover art book that invites the reader on a visual journey through the world of Assassin's Creed Valhalla: a world defined by the harsh beauty of Viking life, rich with fascinating characters and breathtaking landscapes.
The book offers an insider's look at the immersive art direction of the game,through an exhaustive collection of never-before-seen concept art, production material, and creator commentary. Readers will explore the visual development of the game's stunning environments, intricate characters, props and weapons designs.
- Chapter 1: Characters
- King Aelfred of Wessex
- Chapter 2: Norway
- A Beautiful and Unforgiving Land
- Chapter 3: Viking Voyagers
- Chapter 4: East Mercia and the Settlement
- Ruins Reclaimed by Nature
- Lincoln — Roman Era
- An Anglo-Saxon Village in Mercia
- The Heart of Lincolnshire
- Chapter 5: West Mercia
- Celtic Highlands
- Chapter 6: East Anglia
- Paladin Fulke
- Chapter 7: Wessex
- A Land of Bucolic Beauty at War
- A Mix of Cultures
- Chapter 8: Northumbria
- Standing Stones
- Chapter 9: American and Present Day
- The Discovery of Vinland, America
- Native Americans
- Assassin Hideout
- Rebecca Crane and Shaun Hastings
- Layla Hassan
- Chapter 10: Mythical Worlds and First Civilization
- The Home of the Aesir Gods
- The House of Angrboda
- The Builder
- First Civilization Vault
- Yggdrasil, The Isu Supercomputer
Announced alongside the standard edition, this limited edition deluxe version of The Art of Assassin's Creed: Valhalla contains an exclusive cover, a decorative slipcase, and a gallery-quality lithograph art print.
On page 22, Styrbjorn is referred to as "Styrbjorn Haraldsson" whereas in-game his father's name is revealed to be Sigvaldi. Furthermore, the comic mini-series Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Song of Glory named his father as Olaf.
On page 29, Basim is said to be an Assassin Mentor due to his red sash, although in-game the Mentor was Rayhan.
On page 80, four bandit archetypes are given as; Militia, Rogue, Pyro, and Destroyer. These archetypes align with the respective in-game equivalents; the unchanged Militia, unchanged Rogue, Fire-Keeper, and Goliath.
On page 168, Rebecca Crane and Shaun Hastings are confirmed to now be a couple.
- The Art of Assassin's Creed: Valhalla HC. Dark Horse. Archived from the original on June 2, 2020. Retrieved on June 2, 2020.
- Morales, Carlos (26-05-2020). NEWS WATCH: Dark Horse presents: THE ART OF ASSASSIN’S CREED VALHALLA. Comic Watch. Archived from the original on May 26, 2020. Retrieved on June 2, 2020.