After having tailed Tarik Barleti, Ezio Auditore made his way to the Arsenal Gates, where Tarik and Manuel Palaiologos were. Ezio met with Yusuf Tazim and they decided to cause a riot to get the Arsenal Gates to open.
Manuel and Tarik met each other near the arsenal gates.
- Manuel: You may verify the amount, Tarik, but the money stays with me until I have seen the cargo for myself and assayed its quality.
- Tarik: Understood. You are a shrewd man, Manuel.
- Manuel: Trust without cynicism is hollow.
- Janissary: The count is good, Tarik. It's all here.
- Manuel: So what now?
- Tarik: You will have access to the arsenal. When you are satisfied, the cargo will be delivered to a location of your choosing.
- Manuel: Are your men prepared to travel?
- Tarik: Not a problem.
- Manuel: Poli Kalà. (Very good.) I will have a map drawn up for you within the week.
Ezio met Yusuf.
- Ezio: Are we here for the same reason?
- Yusuf: One of my men claims he saw a shipment of weapons enter the arsenal. So I got curious.
- Ezio: Weapons. I would like to see them for myself.
- Yusuf: Short of killing everyone, I'm not sure how you will get inside.
Yusuf and Ezio oversaw two Janissaries harass a merchant.
- Janissary: You have been warned twice! No merchants near the arsenal wall. Take this away!
- Merchant: Hypocrites! If your men did not buy my produce, I wouldn't sell it here! You are worse than the Byzantines, you traitor!
- Janissary: Hold your tongue, parasite!
- Yusuf: Even in times of peace, the poor are always under siege.
- Ezio: If we inspire them to vent their anger, perhaps that will help our cause.
Ezio started bribing heralds.
- Yusuf: Feigning solidarity to push your own agenda. What a gentleman. No?
- Ezio: It is not pretty, I know. But it will work.
- Herald 1: The Janissaries are corrupted, good people of Konstantiniyye! They have surrendered their loyalties to the devil, and do injury to our Sultan's image!
- Herald 2: Men and women of the city! Hear me now! You have broken no laws, and thus deserve no abuse. Fight back against these men who belittle you!
- Herald 3: Good citizens of Istanbul! The Janissaries collude against you! Do not suffer their injuries! Return them!
Ezio joined Yusuf again.
- Ezio: That gate will not stay closed for long.
- Yusuf: The people are doing you a favor, Ezio. Return it, and keep them safe from harm.
Ezio fended off the attacking guards.
- Citizens: Justice or death!
- Guards: Hold them back!
- Citizens: Down, you bastard!
- Guards: Sound the alert!
The arsenal gates opened.
- Citizens: Push through!
Justice or death!
Ezio learned of Manuel Palaiologos' involvement in Tarik's plans and caused a riot. The riot effectively opened the door to the Arsenal, allowing Ezio to infiltrate it.