Kassandra was tasked by the village elder to deal with a lion problem plaguing his village.
Kassandra traveled to Epidaurus, where she met the village leader north of town by the shore and engaged her in conversation.
- Village Leader: We don't get many misthios around here. What's your business with us?
- Kassandra: I'm here to take care of your lion problem.
- Village Leader: How do you know about the Curse of Beasts?
- Kassandra: I visited the tomb of a farmer who fell victim to the "Curse of Beasts." You have my sympathies.
- Village Leader: Thank you. It's comforting to know that strangers from afar will show us kindness.
Kassandra traveled to the northwestern shore of Aegina to investigate. Finding blood and a body, she remarked:
- Kassandra: Bloodstains. From a recent kill.
She noticed the remnants of a fire.
- Kassandra: A recent fire? But who was here to make this?
She found footprints leading away from the body and fire pit.
- Kassandra: Footprints? Someone else is alive on this godsforsaken island.
Having discovered all the clues, she deduced:
- Kassandra: Someone's living here. I should speak with them.
She found a strange man nearby and spoke with him.
- Kassandra: What are you doing here? This island is dangerous.
- Brother Lion: Dangerous for you, maybe. My brothers will take care of me.
- Kassandra: Your brothers... You mean the lions?
- Brother Lion: Yes! Once, we hunted together. Now that I am sick, they hunt and bring me meat. When my strength returns, I will rejoin them. I'm nearly well enough now.
- Kassandra: The lions are attacking the villagers across the water. Their leader sent me here. Do you understand what those beasts are doing?
- Brother Lion: Lions do what they must. Though I suppose if I was better, they wouldn't need to hunt for me. Some olive tree bark should make a good medicine.
- Kassandra: Your story is madness. I'm going to protect those villagers by killing the lions.
- Brother Lion: My brothers! No...
Kassandra sought out the lions at the Abandoned Camp, killing them all.
- Kassandra: That's the last of them. I should return to the village and tell them they're safe.
Kassandra headed west to the large olive tree and retrieved a branch for the strange man.
- Kassandra: This should help with that man's illness.
Returning to the strange man, giving him the olive branch.
- Kassandra: Here, may this cure your illness.
- Brother Lion: Thank you. You can tell those villagers my brothers will end their hunt.
After resolving things to her satisfaction, Kassandra returned to the village leader.
- Kassandra: I killed every lion on that island. You should be safe now.
- Village Leader: What a bold act! You must be the most powerful misthios in the land. Here, take this.
- Kassandra: Time to return to that strange woman and tell her what happened here.
Kassandra returned to the mysterious woman.
- Kassandra: Lions won't trouble that village anymore.
- Mysterious Woman: I had nearly no doubt you could do that. My question is, how did you judge best to solve their problem?
- Kassandra: I killed every last lion on that island. There's nothing left to threaten those villagers.
- Mysterious Woman: As response as fierce as that of the lions themselves. Why do you think it will be successful?
- Kassandra: I do what anyone can do. I consider the situation and make what I believe is the best decision at the time. If I am right or wrong, only time will tell.
Kassandra helped the village leader with their "Curse of Beasts".
Behind the scenes
If Kassandra decides to attack the strange man known as Brother Lion, she can instead knock him out and recruit him as a lieutenant abroad the Adrestia.