Kassandra was tasked by the village elder to deal with a lion problem plaguing his village.
Kassandra traveled to Epidaurus, where she met the village leader north of town by the shore and engaged her in conversation.
- Village Leader: We don't get many misthios around here. What's your business with us?
- Kassandra: I'm here to take care of your lion problem.
- Village Leader: How do you know about the Curse of Beasts?
- Kassandra: I visited the tomb of a farmer who fell victim to the "Curse of Beasts." You have my sympathies.
- Village Leader: Thank you. It's comforting to know that strangers from afar will show us kindness.
Kassandra traveled to the northwestern shore of Aegina to investigate. Finding blood and a body, she remarked:
- Kassandra: Bloodstains. From a recent kill.
She noticed the remnants of a fire.
- Kassandra: A recent fire? But who was here to make this?
She found footprints leading away from the body and fire pit.
- Kassandra: Footprints? Someone else is alive on this godsforsaken island.
Having discovered all the clues, she deduced:
- Kassandra: Someone's living here. I should speak with them.
She found a strange man nearby and spoke with him.
- Kassandra: What are you doing here? This island is dangerous.
- Brother Lion: Dangerous for you, maybe. My brothers will take care of me.
- Kassandra: Your brothers... You mean the lions?
- Brother Lion: Yes! Once, we hunted together. Now that I am sick, they hunt and bring me meat. When my strength returns, I will rejoin them. I'm nearly well enough now.
- Kassandra: The lions are attacking the villagers across the water. Their leader sent me here. Do you understand what those beasts are doing?
- Brother Lion: Lions do what they must. Though I suppose if I was better, they wouldn't need to hunt for me. Some olive tree bark should make a good medicine.
- Kassandra: Your story is madness. I'm going to protect those villagers by killing the lions.
- Brother Lion: My brothers! No...
Kassandra sought out the lions at the Abandoned Camp, killing them all.
- Kassandra: That's the last of them. I should return to the village and tell them they're safe.
Kassandra headed west to the large olive tree and retrieved a branch for the strange man.
- Kassandra: This should help with that man's illness.
Returning to the strange man, giving him the olive branch.
- Kassandra: Here, may this cure your illness.
- Brother Lion: Thank you. You can tell those villagers my brothers will end their hunt.
After resolving things to her satisfaction, Kassandra returned to the village leader.
- Kassandra: I killed every lion on that island. You should be safe now.
- Village Leader: What a bold act! You must be the most powerful misthios in the land. Here, take this.
- Kassandra: Time to return to that strange woman and tell her what happened here.
Kassandra returned to the mysterious woman.
- Kassandra: Lions won't trouble that village anymore.
- Mysterious Woman: I had nearly no doubt you could do that. My question is, how did you judge best to solve their problem?
- Kassandra: I killed every last lion on that island. There's nothing left to threaten those villagers.
- Mysterious Woman: As response as fierce as that of the lions themselves. Why do you think it will be successful?
- Kassandra: I do what anyone can do. I consider the situation and make what I believe is the best decision at the time. If I am right or wrong, only time will tell.
Kassandra helped the village leader with their "Curse of Beasts".