Killed by Cesare?
in AC:Ascendance it's said that cesare killed juan borgia the elder for power. are sure it is really giovanni.184.108.40.206 17:14, November 21, 2010 (UTC)
Juan Borgia the Elder Ezio kills. Campbell430 17:16, November 21, 2010 (UTC)
that's a different person, possibly even Juan the Elder's son. i think UbiGabe mentioned that in one of his tweets ages ago. anyway, i'm just passing on what the movie said.220.127.116.11 17:29, November 21, 2010 (UTC)
ok, i've done the research and this guy is juan borgia the elder, and the one killed by ezio is his son, i'm certain18.104.22.168 23:00, November 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Juan Borgia the Elder: Cardinal-nephew of Pope Alexander VI. Killed by Ezio.
- Juan Borgia the Younger: son of Pope Alexander VI, brother of Cesare and Lucrezia. Killed by Cesare.
- Period. -- Master Sima Yi 23:07, November 21, 2010 (UTC)
Uh. . . I haven't seen Ascendance (yet), but are we sure that that isn't a picture of Juan Borgia the Elder? Cause it looks a hell of a lot more like him than it does Cesare's brother. O.o 22.214.171.124 19:07, December 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes it is. I'm not an idiot... Not THAT much of an idiot, at least. That is Juan Borgia the Younger. -- Master Sima Yi 20:32, December 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeesh. And here I actually though Ascendance looked decent. :P 126.96.36.199 20:47, December 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Well guys, I don't think it's an error on any of our parts. Usually the AC creators are pretty accurate with appearances, but...I really think Ascendance was done by an associated part or something because I'm pretty sure the artists mixed up the two Juans. The one in the picture just can't be Cesare's brother going by historical knowledge. I mean, when I watched it, I immediately saw a problem, as did others with me. User:Durmer Darc 20:09, December 20, 2010 (UTC)
- How about making a note of it under "Trivia", and adding "as he appears in Assassin's Creed: Ascendance" to the caption under the picture? 188.8.131.52 18:59, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Seriously?! Seriously, you guys? (See trivia section to see what I'm ranting about. :P ) I think we can all agree that it's obviously a mistake made by the artists/directors of the film, no? Wouldn't it make much more sense to put something like, "It is likely that the creators of Ascendance confused Juan with his older cousin," rather than not acknowledging the discrepancy? Guardian Assassin 20:52, May 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Right. One, we have no idea why Juan looks like his older cousin. Developers were to lazy, confused, we don't know. So unless a developer announces why Juan the Younger looks exactly like his cousin, it stays the way it is. Assassino de Roma 20:57, May 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Even though it is obviously a mistake? Guardian Assassin 21:10, May 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Do you have proof that it was a mistake? No you don't, nor do I have proof the developers were being lazy. Saying that wouldn't be factual, therefore it should NOT be on the page. Assassino de Roma 21:23, May 24, 2011 (UTC)
Younger than Cesare?
Wikipedia claims that Juan Borgia the Younger was actually most likely to be Cesare's younger brother. They say it is more likely that he was born in 1476 after Cesare. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Borgia,_2nd_Duke_of_Gandia)
Seems interesting because why didn't Cesare get the position of Captain General if he was oldest? In the TV show "The Borgias" Rodrigo claims that he wants Cesare as his oldest son to "follow in his footsteps into the church" and that he will have "one son in the cloth and one in armour." It also claims that Giovanni (Juan) was his favourite and that was why he was Captain General.
I'm not sure if the actual game Assassin's Creed Brotherhood claims that Cesare was younger or not but for the sake of being historically correct I think the article should be edited to show this.
The article in its current state reflects the AC-canon. Since that's what this wiki is all about, that's also how it is staying. AC-canon goes over historical facts, sorry.. Nesty Contact me! 16:23, July 18, 2012 (UTC)
I guess that makes sense but maybe something should be put in the trivia like "In Assassin's Creed Ascendance/Brotherhood... but in real life..."