While I understand that the powers listed on the article are shown to be allies during the games that we have played, that's only for a small period of time. The United States, since its foundation, has switched between being under main Assassin and Templar influence. While Lenin had strong ties to the Assassin Order, Stalin's regime was under Templar influence. While the Assassins had a truce with Sultan Bayezid II, the same cannot be said for other rulers of the Ottoman Empire, such as Selim I. That applies to Emperor Maximilian I of the Holy Roman Empire as well.
Whilst Assassins were hunted down under the [last] Byzantine Emperor, it's not known whether the entire Byzantine Empire was under Templar control or allied with the Order; the Byzantine insurrection in 1509 were mere Templars fighting under the Byzantine banner. I have not read Brahman, but from a sneak peak of Arbaaz Mir's entry in the latest edition of the Encyclopedia, I read that he was assigned to guard Ranjit Singh by the Assassins, so I doubt that the Sikh Empire is aiding the Templars. And only the Borgia rule over the Papacy was under Templar conrol - Pope Julius II and Pope Leo X's reigns were notably pro-Assassin. -- Master Sima Yi Talk 12:21, December 7, 2013 (UTC)
- In its current form, the article doesn't claim that the powers worked exclusively with either side, but I have since added a qualifying statement at the end, which is probably the best we can do for now. This article merely acts as a glorified disambiguation, of sorts. You are correct in that the US 'switched sides' (so to speak) a number of times, but that information should be on the United States article, not necessarily here. --Jasca Ducato (talk | contributions) 16:38, December 7, 2013 (UTC)
Why was this article renamed to include that complicated dash, instead of a basic hyphen? I understand using the dash when separating ideas and in birth/death dates, but not this. Stormbeast ♉ The Helpful Place 17:53, September 16, 2014 (UTC)
Other section titles and content
I wrote the conflict until the public disband of the two factions but I don't know how to make coherent the next section: I have two choices:
- 1 I make a Renaissance section subsections in Italy (from Dante to Giovanni Borgia failing to recover the Apple), France (100 years war to Giovanni Borgia in Troyes), Tudor's England, purges in China (1402 and 1521), Ottoman Empire (from the death of Vlad Tepes to the end of the Byzantine remnants), Holy Roman Empire (the brother of the cross and contract in Brotherhood), Portuguese explorations and mediterranean defense.
- 2 I make a section for what happened between Dante to 100 years war and another section on Renaissance with a chronological approach.Francesco75 (talk) 22:21, 24 November 2020 (UTC)
I covered major parts of the events between Odyssey and the present day in 2012 but with the realease of new content in many media, the page will need update. As I didn't read the books and the comics, I maybe made mistakes in the section but most of the time, you can correct them. I think about different sections:
For the past
- A section on An Lushan Rebellion. I didn't read Dynasty, so if someone want to complete it, feel free to do it.
- Updating Viking Age: I wait for the realease of all the Valhalla content before doing it. If the manga, comics and books have part about the conflict, we could write about it.
- Assassin's Creed: Gold??? I don't know if there is a conflict between the two factions in the past.
- Assassin's Creed: The Imperial Jade Seal. As there are ten books on a large period, I think we must wait before having a definitive version. Maybe we could assemble the events of the 1402 purge, the Great Rites Controversy and some events of the books under a Ming dynasty section. For the Renaissance section, I have difficulties to chose between geographic sub-sections or chronological order. I think for the Renaissance, I will make sections by countries or regions, assembling all the events of Italy, China, England etc... to be more clear.
- Assassin's Creed: Fragments. Each book, could have a section. The Boshin War could be summarized with a main page section. The Children of Highland could be assemble with the First Baron War section to have a Kingdom of England section. The Witches of Forest could be assemble with the Salem witch trials section to make a witch trial as I think it will be about Labourd trial in 1609 by Pierre Lancre, a witch hunter, but we wait the confirmation.
For the Present day
- A section about the war between Assassins, Templars and Instrument. It will spend between Desmond's death and the death of Juno. So it will contained: the end of AC3, Brahman, prsent day of Black Flag, Rogue, Unity, Syndicate, and the comics with Charlotte and Berg. I can write the game part but I didn't read the comics so if someone could complete it, it will be nice.
- A section about the different Animus project: the film, Last Descendants present, Blade of Shao Jun present (maybe Gold).
- A section about Layla but the few parts when she fight the Templars.