Did they mean 3D effect or 3D CGI animation ? Nihil Verum. Omnia Licita 08:31, April 14, 2012 (UTC)
- The film will be live-action. -Jasca Ducato Council Chamber Assassination record 16:08, April 14, 2012 (UTC)
- However,your link from GamesRadar says : "Ezio Auditore, Sam Fisher and The Ghosts are about to go Hollywood. This weekend, Ubisoft Motion Pictures confirmed plans to break into the movie biz with 3D films based on the Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell franchises." When I read 3D films, like in the comments below (I think not enough people read that they'll be 3D movies. That means CGI. Not 3D as in 3D glasses 3D) I understand 3D CGI motion picture. Nobody confirmed that the movie will be a live-action one. Nihil Verum. Omnia Licita 13:28, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
- 3D has nothing to do with whether or not it is CGI. There are 3D live action movies out there. -- Master Sima Yi 13:51, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
- An example for 3D live action is Terminator(the only 3D live action film I watched Btw) There are many more but my country isn't developed enough to have 3D cinemas so I have no clue about other 3D movies.Fairy Tail Grand Master 14:04, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
- This may sound stupid, but what do you mean with Live Action? does that mean that they play the movie and it is shown at the exact same moment as they areacting?2A1G Requiescat in pace 13:44, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
- @2A1G Live action just means that they have real actors performing rather than animated characters with voice actors.
- Whether or not its live action has no baring for wether theres cgi, cgi imagery is often used in both live action and animated films. Filming in 3D does seem to be rather popular at the moment, i dont see the problem with non 3D filming, do you really need it to be 3D to enjoy the movie? Aegritudo 14:25, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Michael Fassbender? Should I be worried or happy? Assassin-Rome (Talk if you will) 14:28, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
Fassbender as Desmond?
Where is it said in any of the articles that Fassbender is playing Desmond in the film? I read the article where they put in brackets that he was Desmond, but I read the exact same quote from the other source on this page saying he was in it, and it just said he was first choice to play the lead. It has not been confirmed that Desmond is in the film, and I doubt he will be for three reasons.
1. They said Desmond's story ends in AC3, and I would assume this means that Desmond wouldn't be the star of a film too.
2. I can't see Ubisoft making the film the same as the games, there would be no point.
3. Fassbender looks nothing like Desmond, he looks more like Clay (16) or Daniel Cross.
As not much of Clay's background has been revealed (except snippets in Revelations DLC), and there already is a comic book series about Daniel Cross, I would assume that it is more likely that Fassbender is starring as Clay or as a new character.
If anyone has a source which fully confirms who Fassbender is playing, I would very much like to see it. :) Eggy2504 21:15, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
I hope they don't use Desmond as a main character actually. I want to see some new Assassin and learn something cool and new from Assasins Creed. And it's definitely a lot more better than a movie being restricted by canon and becoming crap like The last airbender, and all the others. Rotionpotion (talk) 18:07, July 21, 2012 (UTC)
Hopefully this will live up to its potential...I thought Lineage was very well done, and I would like to see a longer length movie that lives up to my expectations.--Forgotten -Animus- 01:53, March 4, 2013 (UTC)
Kristen Bell as Lucy?
Anyone else excited that she may actually BE Lucy as well as voicing her! I really really REALLY hope Ubisoft has asked her. And I want to see how much this movie plays with the cannon. Will it have bits of AC3 in it? (or AC4 if the movie comes out after AC4?!) (Harlan1500 (talk) 10:57, May 10, 2013 (UTC))
- The AC movie coming out, either, this year or next year is about the FIRST GAME. At least thats what the Australian magazines and websites are saying about it. Lucy was in the first game, so why wouldn't she be in the movie?! But if its not just about the first game, they may have flashbacks to the first game or something like that. (126.96.36.199 01:42, May 13, 2013 (UTC))
They have confirmed that Michael Fassbender will play Desmond Miles though I think Sam Witwer should as he could pull it off.
- No, they haven't. The article was changed, and I have since reverted the vandalism. --Jasca Ducato Council Chamber Assassination record 08:32, August 21, 2013 (UTC)
The film's release date has been pushed back to August 7th, 2015 <https://www.google.com.au/search?q=assassin's+creed+film&rlz=1C1RNPN_enAU427AU427&oq=assa&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j69i59l3j69i60l2.4353j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8>
(188.8.131.52 08:06, December 9, 2013 (UTC))
- The Baconator
- You're basing that on google search. Really? --Kainzorus Prime Walkie-talkie 08:40, December 9, 2013 (UTC)
Date is now December 21, 2016 http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-dates-gambit-assassins-creed-761265 -184.108.40.206 02:54, January 6, 2015 (UTC)
Does anyone on this wiki know Spanish? I was thinking that we could add on this wiki, in true fashion of the foreign language usage in the games, the Spanish quotes with translations, instead of only the latter, for the Inquisition scenes of the movie.
- Both Dipson and Spanish assassin know Spanish, but since we pretty much only use English quotes (I can't think of any foreign language quotes off the top of my head), I don't really see the sense in starting now. At most, we've had foreign words thrown into English sentences, but if it's the entire sentence in Spanish, followed by the translation, it seems a bit pointless to me. That's just my thoughts on it though.
- (inb4 someone finds a foreign language quote and proves me wrong :p) Crook The Constantine District 19:46, January 9, 2017 (UTC)
- Just in case, I have found three of the important quotes in full Spanish; they're all transcribed by that friend who knows Spanish so the source is reliable. Anyone here might use them if needed.
- 'El amor nos hace débiles (Love renders us weak). Yo sacrificaría feliz mi carne y mi sangre para que el Credo viviera (I would willingly sacrifice my flesh and my blood so that the Creed may live).'
- 'Cuando otros hombres sigan ciegamente la verdad, recuerda: nada es verdad (Where others blindly follow the truth, remember: Nothing is true). Cuando otros hombres estan limitados por la moral o la ley, recuerda: todo está permitido (Where others are restrained by morality or law, remember: Everything is permitted).'
- Trabajamos en las oscuridad para servir a la luz; somos Asesinos (We work in the dark to serve the light; We are Assassins).'
DDS and Surrogate
Maybe i missed something, but why is Abstergo interested in Callum if they have his mother's DNA...? Just use Helix and the Cloud and done, anyone could go through Aguilar's memories.
Oh, while i wrote that is thought of a solution. In 1980 they needed a living person to go through their memories, so they didn't have a reason to keep any samples or the body :P. DipsonDP (talk) 00:06, January 21, 2017 (UTC)