Kassandra met a street vendor who claimed he has a tablet to a secret treasure.
While near the Pilgrimage Site, Kassandra came across a street vendor.
- Street Vendor: Down on your luck? Have I got a solution for you!
Kassandra approached him.
- Kassandra: What's all this about?
- Street Vendor: It's about adventure! Thrills! Danger!
...And untold fortunes!
- Kassandra: Danger... Ha. I never back down from a challenge.
- Street Vendor: Then step right up and put your drachmae where your mouth is... For this kind of opportunity doesn't come around every day.
But first! Everything has a price.
Pay up, and I'll give you a tablet with everything you need to know.
(Accept – Take my drachmae. )
- Kassandra: Here you go.
- Street Vendor: Excellent! Here you go.
This tablet will lead you directly to untold riches.
- Kassandra: What? Just tell me where—
- Street Vendor: The tablet reveals all!
- Kassandra: What does that even mean?
- Street Vendor: Just look at tablet and follow the directions, misthios! My work here is done.
Kassandra investigated the tablet.
Kassandra headed to the island east of Kythera, finding a chest near a tree. As she approached it, she noticed that it laid open and empty.
- Kassandra: Empty?! I'm going to snap that man's neck in two.
At that moment, four other people reached the site.
- Civilian 1: The misthios beat us to it!
- Civilian 2: The treasure is ours! Give it over!
Kassandra defeated them, and returned to the vendor.
- Kassandra: What's going on? The chest was empty!
- Street Vendor: Inconceivable! Maybe you don't know how to read a tablet? I guarantee you there's something inside.
- Kassandra: How can you be so sure?
- Street Vendor: Because I'm the one who put it there!
Uh... I mean... malaka!
The vendor turned to run away.
- Street Vendor: No! No! No!
Kassandra paid the merchant drachmae for a map to a supposed treasure map, only to discover she had been tricked.
- The name of this quest is a play on the saying: "It takes money to make money", which is a business saying that means one must have initial capital in order to begin investing and receiving returns.
- At the end of the memory, it is possible to hunt down the street vendor and either knock him out or kill him. Doing so will result in receiving 2000 drachmae and a mace. Even if knocked out, the merchant cannot be recruited.
- Even though subtitles name the group of four to be civilians, they use the bandits' models.