Surtr also known as Surtur, was an Isu warlord who ruled over Múspellsheimr, a realm inhabited by Muspels. He is also the biological father of the Muspel princess Eysa as well as the half-jötunn Glöð.
Legacy and influence
Long after his passing, humans came to know him in Norse mythology as a fire jötnar and guardian of Múspellsheimr. By the late 9th century, Surtr's legendary nature led Vikings like Eivor Varinsdottir, Galinn, and Vili Hemmingson to describe burning rages or charred objects by invoking the fire giant.
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (first mentioned)
- Dawn of Ragnarök (first appearance)
- Discovery Tour: Viking Age (mentioned only)
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Forgotten Myths
- Echoes of History (mentioned only)