- "The rumors did not embellish the truth. She's a leviathan."
- ―Shay Cormac, before engaging the Storm Fortress.[src]
The Storm Fortress was one of seven legendary ships encountered by the Assassin-turned-Templar Shay Cormac in the North Atlantic, during the Seven Years' War. She was described as the most powerful ship in the Assassin fleet at the time of that conflict.
In battle, the Storm Fortress used unique mortars which, upon impact, set the surface on fire (similar to burning oil), to keep her targets at bay, as well as unleashing devastating broadsides with her many cannons when an enemy ship had wandered within range. When she had received sufficient damage, the Storm Fortress was reinforced by two other Men O' War, the Argonaut and the Sceptre. Despite all of these advantages, she was eventually sunk by the Morrigan.
- Defeating the Storm Fortress, the Argonaut, and the Sceptre awards Shay the Storm Fortress' figurehead and sails depicting a kraken, as well as the Templar Master outfit.
- The Storm Fortress is the most powerful ship fought in the game, with a ship level of 99.
- The Storm Fortress shares it model with the HMS Pembroke and La Dama Negra.
- The sails of the Storm Fortress are very similar to those equipped by the Jackdaw when it became an Assassin ship.
- ↑ "The English may have established their dominance over the Arctic seas, but the French have no intention of conceding. Determined to claim the upper hand, they've prepared a fleet, lead by the Assassins' most powerful vessel: the Storm Fortress." – mission description for The Storm Fortress, Assassin's Creed: Rogue