While exploring Hydrea, Kassandra heard a number of conversations.
- Civilian 1: This is Roxana's year. She's going to win the Battle of One Hundred Hands for sure.
- Civilian 2: What? She doesn't even have an official training partner.
- Civilian 1: It's because she's too good for any of them!
She arrived at a farm.
- Civilian 3: Roxana nearly killed my son when they sparred this week.
- Civilian 4: He's lucky. Had it been in the Battle she would have killed him.
- Civilian 3: ...Yeah.
Kassandra arrived at a training area near the farm, where a woman was berating her sparring partners.
- Roxana: You amateurs are wasting my time.
Kassandra approached as the woman knocked out one of her sparring partners.
- Kassandra: These men look like they need a doctor.
- Roxana: They're lousy sparring partners, every last one. I need professionals to practice with before the Battle of One Hundred Hands. I need a champion.
- Kassandra: Maybe your "champion" has arrived.
- Roxana: Is that right? If you're serious, I'm a sanctioned competitor in the battle. You practice with me, and Drakios will let both of us officially enter.
- Kassandra: Killing's what I do, and I do it well.
- Roxana: You have the right attitude, I'll give you that. But you can't simply power your way to victory in the Battle of One Hundred Hands. It takes preparation.
(If players asked "Why do you want to fight in the Battle?")
- Kassandra: If this battle is so difficult, why enter it at all?
- Roxana: I'm not from a family of means, champion, and have always dreamed about the Hundred-Hands purse. My father, my brother tried to win it years ago. Even my mother entered last time, and now they're all gone. Dead.
- Kassandra: You want the drachmae.
- Roxana: I don't care about the drachmae, not now. I need to save my family's legacy from the edge of yet another champion's blade - I need to win and become like a hero of old.
(If players asked "What makes you think you can win?")
- Kassandra: If the battle's so hard, why do you think you'll win?
- Roxana: I train at all hours until my body gives out. Before bed, I make offerings to Ares. I wake in the night to strategize. And then... I rise in the morning to do it all again.
- Kassandra: That's an impressive amount of work.
- Roxana: If I don't win the Battle, at least I'll know I've done all I can.
(If players asked "Where's Drakios?")
- Kassandra: You mentioned I should talk to Drakios about officially entering the Battle. Where can I find him?
- Roxana: He's usually in the town on Melos - doesn't go far.
(If players chose "I think I can handle the Battle.")
- Kassandra: Let's say I want to fight in the Battle of One Hundred Hands...
- Roxana: Then fight me and prove you are a worthy training companion.
(Accept – "Let's fight.")
- Kassandra: You asked for it.
The two women drew their weapons and began to spar.
- Roxana: Come on, misthios.
Roxana managed to strike Kassandra.
- Kassandra: That hurt.
- Roxana: Ooh, I've made you angry.
Stings, doesn't it, champion?
- Kassandra: I've felt worse.
- Roxana: You're cute when you're angry.
- Kassandra: What?
- Kassandra: I'm not angry.
- Roxana: Of course not.
The match continued.
- Roxana: You need to push me!
Are you even trying?
Kassandra eventually defeated Roxana and knocked her down. She sheathed her weapons and offered her hand. Roxana grasped it and Kassandra helped her up to her feet.
- Roxana: It seems you are the champion I've been looking for. A real Spartan, if I'm right.
- Kassandra: You are.
- Roxana: I sensed it in the way you fought. Aggressive, but not reckless.
My name's Roxana.
- Kassandra: Kassandra.
- Roxana: Next on the agenda is archery training. Are you ready?
- Kassandra: I have other things to attend to first.
- Roxana: When you're ready, there's a shipwreck on the north coast of the island. Meet me there.
Kassandra and Roxana became training partners in preparation for the Battle of One Hundred Hands.
- The game used to have a bug wherein this quest was rendered unavailable if Roxana was spoken to before speaking with Drakios and getting the Call to Arms quest, only leaving the option to pay to start The Great Contender. After patch 1.06 this quest was rendered completely unavailable, even if the player had acquired Call to Arms before setting foot on the Hydrea island.
- As of October 2019, the quest no longer bugs, and the questchain is possible to complete even before talking with Drakios.