In Greek mythology, the island was where a young Achilles was hidden and disguised as one of King Lykomedes' daughters, in an attempt to elude his fate and destiny in the Trojan War. Because of this, the northern region of the island is called the Plains of Achilles. Within the city of Skyros is also located the Temple of Achilles.
5th century BCE
During the Peloponnesian War, the Spartan misthios Kassandra met the slave Agapios, and agreed to help him to demolish the bandits. At the end the hunt, the Kingfisher and Agapios met at the Temple of Achilles in Skyros, only to be interrupted by Kassandra and the magistrate of Chalkis City.
The island of Skyros comprised two regions:
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Skyros: "Skyros"
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Skyros: "Temple of Achilles"
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Skyros: "Statue of Theseus"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – The Kingfisher and the Robin
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Death and Taxes