Ratonhnhaké:ton eventually made it to shore as well and found Franklin crouched over the dead body of Kanen'tó:kon. Ratonhnhaké:ton knelt next to Kanen'tó:kon's body and put a hand on his friend's chest.
- Franklin: He wanted to atone for what he'd done. ... He saved my life. And very nearly killed Washington.
Ratonhnhaké:ton picked up Kanen'tó:kon's tomahawk, examining the blood on it.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: It will take more than a tomahawk.
Ratonhnhaké:ton angrily threw aside the tomahawk and pulled out the pouch containing the tea of the Great Willow. Both stood up and began to walk away. Ratonhnhaké:ton stared at the tea.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: It will take great power.
Franklin pulled out his specially-made key.
- Franklin: We do have this.
Ratonhnhaké:ton gave Franklin a dismissive wave.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Useless.
- Franklin: Don't be foolish.
Ratonhnhaké:ton turned to face Franklin.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: That trinket only opens doors!
Ratonhnhaké:ton began unfastening the pouch.
- Franklin: What are you doing?
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: The Animal Spirits know things we do not know. If I journey to them, they may teach me.
As Ratonhnhaké:ton drank the tea, he began to feel the world around him dissolving. He doubled over and grunted in pain as Franklin rushed to his side.
- Franklin: Are you all right?
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Keep watch.
Ratonhnhaké:ton was transported to the Sky World once more. Similarly to his previous fight with Washington, Ratonhnhaké:ton was confronted by the disappointed phantom of his mother as he moved across platforms.
- Kaniehtí:io: Why have you returned to this place?
I weep for you, my son.
Can you not see that you are lost?!
You have defied me! You ignore my last wish!
I cannot forgive you, my son.
The platform collapsed below Ratonhnhaké:ton and he fell into darkness. He later approached a giant bear with spears stuck into three of its legs and one on its head. After Ratonhnhaké:ton plucked out the first spear, he used Eagle Flight to approach subsequent spear and pull them out of the bear. After saving the giant bear, a normal-sized bear approached Ratonhnhaké:ton. It stood erect and Ratonhnhaké:ton stared at it for a moment before it fell into him, granting him a new power. After receiving the power, a phantom of Washington appeared before Ratonhnhaké:ton.
- Washington: You cannot match my power. I am freedom itself!
The phantom Washington created golden Bluecoats to attack Ratonhnhaké:ton.
- Washington: This time, I'll make certain of your death.
Ratonhnhaké:ton used Bear Might to knock back the soldiers, eventually making his way to the phantom Washington and dispelling him with his newfound power. Ratonhnhaké:ton awoke from his journey to find Franklin giving him something to drink. Ratonhnhaké:ton pushed the bowl away. Franklin noticed that Ratonhnhaké:ton's eyes had changed to bluish hue.
- Franklin: You were feverish. What's happened to your eyes?
Ratonhnhaké:ton quickly stood up.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: We must separate to search out Jefferson and the rebellion.
- Franklin: Very well.
Ratonhnhaké:ton departed with Franklin looking after him with a look of concern.
Ratonhnhaké:ton unlocked the abilities of his spirit animal, the bear, by drinking the tea of the Great Willow.