Bayek visited the Temple of Thoth, where he came across a massive tree in the courtyard. After cutting a number of vines and roots at the tree's base, he discovered a small door and recovered a small crystal resting in a recessed nook on the door.
- Bayek: Is this the storied Crystal of Thoth?
He observed the mural painted on the doorway, believing that it provided clues to unlock the secret behind it.
- Bayek: This shows the Crystal of Thoth on the pinnacle of the obelisk.
Following the mural, Bayek climbed up the obelisk at the top of the temple, fitting the crystal on a hole. Doing so flashed a number of lights across the courtyard. Bayek climbed down the obelisk back into the courtyard and found the polished bronze discs installed around the area acted as mirrors.
- Bayek: Ah! The mirror reflects the light from the crystal!
He inspected the mirrors closely.
- Bayek: I see. If I move the mirrors, I can direct the light.
After burning cobwebs off a few of the statues and adjusting the mirrors, he managed to reflect the light towards the door under the tree, using the innermost statues of Thoth. The glowing door opened, revealing a passage within.
- Bayek: There, beneath the Tree of Life, a path has been revealed!
Bayek entered the doorway and slid down the sand, arriving in an abandoned sanctuary beneath the tree. At the foot of the statue of Thoth, he spotted a pair of intricately-designed blades.
- Bayek: I have never seen such swords. Made of the strongest iron and have not rusted in all the ages spent under this tree.
Bayek approached to take a closer look.
- Bayek: This must be the treasure Ptahmose is searching for.
He then proceeded to pick up the blades, taking them for his own use.
Bayek solved the mystery behind the shards of a star legend, revealing to be a pair of blades dedicated to Thoth.