In 1492, the Templar-backed Spanish Inquisition captured the Assassin Mentor Benedicto, María, and Aguilar and brought them to Seville, where Grand Inquisitor Tomás de Torquemada branded them as heretics and pronounced that they were to be burned at the stake for their crimes. Benedicto was burned but María and Aguilar managed to escape the execution and the city.
Around the same time, a renowned brothel by the name of La Reina Sonriente (The Smiling Queen) was active in Seville, owned and operated by the local Thieves' Guild. Flora de la Cruz and Angela Carillo were regarded as its top courtesans.
In December 2016, after discovering that an Apple of Eden was buried with Christopher Columbus in the Seville Cathedral, the Templars Alan Rikkin went to the church along with his daughter Sofia and Ellen Kaye to recover the Apple.
- Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (mentioned only)
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (mentioned only)
- Assassin's Creed: The Movie (first appearance)
- Assassin's Creed: The Official Movie Novelization
- Assassin's Creed: Rebellion (mentioned only)