In an attempt to regain his former power, Cesare Borgia called together a meeting of Templar loyalists in the Colosseum. However, the Assassin Ezio Auditore followed Cardinal Georges d'Amboise and disrupted the gathering, weakening Cesare's support further.
- Claudia: A cardinal revealed under... stress that Cesare plans to meet with Templar loyalists in the countryside. The cardinal departs for the meeting tonight.
- Ezio: I will follow him.
Ezio located and followed the cardinal through the countryside of Rome, eventually reaching the meeting at the Colosseum.
- Cesare: Join me and I will take back Roma!
- Georges: We have decided to elect Della Rovere to the papacy. We are sorry.
- Cesare: I paid for your appointment.
- Georges: Roma is not the same as it once was. Borgia money has become tainted.
- Cesare: You will regret this decision.
The cardinals and Cesare spotted Ezio.
- Georges: Assassino! Run!
- Ezio: Hired men promise you their blood, but as soon as you need help, they turn against you.
- Cesare: Guards!
On Cesare's request, several waves of guards moved to attack Ezio, though he dispatched them all with the Apple of Eden.
Cesare departed Rome, after Ezio had killed all of his men at the Colosseum.
- While Ezio could only use the Apple of Eden as a weapon, he could call on his Assassin recruits to assist him.
- There was a common glitch that caused the cardinal to not appear sometimes, rendering the memory unplayable. The only way to fix this was to reload the game or replay the memory.