- Blacksmith: I told you to be careful with it.
- Civilian: You were the one not paying attention...
- Blacksmith: What did you say?
- Civilian: Nothing. You're absolutely perfect, boss.
Kassandra approached them.
- Kassandra: Something happen to your shipment?
- Blacksmith: Huh?
Kassandra repeated herself louder.
- Kassandra: Did something happen to your shipment?
- Blacksmith: Yes, idiots happened. They dropped it and shattered my obsidian glass.
- Civilian: You were carrying it too.
- Blacksmith: Did you say something, whelp?
- Civilian: I said "curse those clumsy fools!"
- Blacksmith: Exactly. Now I need more obsidian. If you can bring me some, misthios, my finest blade shall be yours. Do we have a deal?
- Kassandra: I'll get you your—
- Blacksmith: What? Is that a yes? Did she say—
- Civilian: She sure did, boss! Idiot.
- Blacksmith: Wonderful. My apprentice here will tell you where to find the obsidian.
- Civilian: Thanks for doing this, 'else he wouldn't have shut up. There are stashes of the stuff in the Temple of Britomartis and the Sunken Ruins. If you have any questions, point them at me. I've had enough of his booming voice for one day.
(If "Where are the ruins?" is chosen.)
- Kassandra: These ruins you mentioned, where are they?
- Civilian: The Sunken Ruins are on the west coast of Messara. Fair warning, though—they're infested with sharks.
- Kassandra: Good to know.
(If "Where is the temple?" is chosen.)
- Kassandra: Tell me where to find it.
- Civilian: The Temple of Britomartis is northwest of Kydonia. But there are guards roaming about—be careful.
- (If Kassandra had already looted the temple)
- Kassandra: That temple has been ransacked – the obsidian is gone.
- Civilian: I take it you saw that personally.
(If "What's with the shouting?" is chosen.)
- Kassandra: What's wrong with him?
- Civilian: Where would you like me to begin? He's spent all his life in front of the forge. He can barely hear a thing. Watch. You smell gross today, you old toad.
- Blacksmith: That's very sweet of you to say—You too smell like a rose.
- Civilian: The trick is to just smile when you say anything. You should try it.
(If "Can I try?" is chosen.)
- Kassandra: I like what you've done with the place.
- Blacksmith: What? What did you say about my face?
- Civilian: No, no! She said she likes the place.
- Blacksmith: Oh! I see. Thank you.
- Civilian: You're not very good at this.
- Kassandra: You don't like taking showers, do you?
- Blacksmith: No, I am not particularly fond of flowers. They make me sneeze.
(Leave – I've got enough information.")
- Kasssandra: I've got all I neeed. I'll be back with the obsidian glass.
- Civilian: She's going to get your stuff now.
- Blacksmith: Wonderful. Return quickly, misthios.
- Civilian: Please hurry, my ears can't take any more of his complaining.
Kassandra left the settlement and headed for the Sunken Ruins.
- Kasssandra: The obsidian glass must be here for a reason. Better be on my guard.
Like the apprentice had warned, sharks swam around in the ruins, and attacked Kassandra, but she bested them and found the obsidian glass within a sunken chest. She then headed to the Temple of Britomartis. The place had been taken over by soldiers, but she made her way in, and discovered a chest.
- Kasssandra: This must be where they keep the obsidian glass.
After obtaining enough obsidian glass, Kassandra returned to the blacksmith and his apprentice.
- Kassandra: Here's your obsidian glass.
- Civilian: Excellently done, misthios. She got the stuff.
- Blacksmith: Well done, misthios. Take my blade. May it serve you well.
- Civilian: Now he'll finally shut up for a bit!
- Blacksmith: I heard that.
Kassandra helped the blacksmith to recover some obsidian glass, obtaining a rare sword as a reward.