Roxana was a Hydrean champion who lived during the Peloponnesian War. The only member of her family alive, Roxana trained hard in order to participate in the Battle of One Hundred Hands-tournament to bring glory to her family.
Living on her farm near the small settlement on Hydrea, Roxana followed in the footsteps of her father, brother, and mother in competing for the title and reward of Champion of the Battle of One Hundred Hands. She made sacrifices and prayed to both Ares and Hermes as well as training from morning to sunset, and waking up during the night to strategize in order to become the best.
Roxana made the acquaintance of Drakios, the creator and organizer of the Battle of One Hundred Hands due to her family's involvement in his tournament. Drakios admired her, and in turn, she kept him informed of whoever she sparred with.
At some point during the 420s BCE, Roxana met the Spartan misthios Kassandra. They sparred together, and grew close. Despite knowing that participating in the tournament would mean the death of the other, neither of them backed out of it. In the end, they were the two finalists, and faced each other on Typhon's Revenge, as Drakios demanded there to be a Champion.
- The name Roxana is the Hellenization of the Persian name Roshanak.
- Based on this, it is possible that Roxana has some Persian heritage, and is most likely from either Asia Minor or Cyprus, as there was intermarriage between Greeks and Persians within the Achaemenid Empire.
- She shares the name with a few notable Persian noblewomen, particularly the wife of Alexander the Great.
- Roxana's shield features the emblem of Boeotia in Athenian colors. This may suggest that her family either hailed from said regions, or was dedicated to them.
- Roxana can be recruited as a lieutenant aboard the Adrestia, but this requires meeting her before the Battle of One Hundred Hands.