Romagna was one of the regions located in Italy, of which Forlì was its main city and was ruled, in the late 1400 hundreds, by Caterina Sforza, an ally to the Assassins. During the Renaissance, it was visited on several occasions by the Assassin Ezio Auditore da Firenze. The area mainly consisted of out buildings in the marshes (of which was mostly flooded), surrounding the fortified city of Forlì.
See Forlì for more precise information on this area.
The name Romagna comes from the Latin word Romània, which was originally the generic name for "land inhabited by Romans", and first appeared on Latin documents in the 5th Century. It later took on the more detailed meaning of "territory subjected to Eastern Roman rule", whose citizens called themselves Romans (Romàioi in Greek), and considered themselves the heirs of Imperial Rome. Thus the term Romània came to be used to refer to the territory administered by the Exarchate of Ravenna in contrary to other parts of Northern Italy under Lombard rule, named Langobardia or Lombardy. Romània later became Romandìola in Vulgar Latin, meaning "little Romània", which evolved into Romagna.
In 1480, Ezio rode into the area, after being chased through the Apennine Mountains by Borgia soldiers. He used the area to access a ferry across the Adriatic Sea to Venice alongside close friend Leonardo da Vinci, after initially being held up due to his lack of paperwork. The problem was solved due to the intervention of Caterina Sforza, Countess of Forli and an Assassin ally, who took a shine to Ezio Auditore.
- Guards seem to notice Ezio more easily here, especially when being in high profile.
- Romagna is the poorest countryside in Assassin's Creed II. Its water seems dirty, the buildings are ravaged, destroyed and overgrown, the surrounding area is flooded and very few civilians wear rich clothing (such as feather hats and scarfs), or have a decent amount of money to pickpocket.
- The Wetland Ebony and Wetland Ivory dyes for Ezio's robes can be obtained here from any Tailor, and will give you the "Perfect Harmony" Achievement.
- This is the location of the first Assassin's Creed II DLC, the Battle of Forlì.
- You can obtain the achievement "Fly Swatter" easily while in Romagna, if you have bought the Battle of Forlì DLC.
- By downloading the Battle of Forlì DLC, you can access the Flying Machine at anytime on top of the fortress, where a Feather is also located.
- Before the game's release, the developers referred to the area as "Wetlands."