Kassandra reached a beacon on the cape jutting out from Alponos and heard a general shout out to her.
- Megakles: You there! Come here.
She approached the general and heard what he had to say.
- Kassandra: What is it?
- Megakles: Some merc calling himself "The Eagle Bearer" came to Alponos offering to help out. Nice kid, and I've heard his name before. I thought to myself, "Megakles, that's drachmae well spent."
- Kassandra: Whoever came to Alponos lied to you. I'm the only Eagle Bearer.
- Megakles: You? Impossible.
- Kassandra: Well, I have an eagle. Also, I'm not a man.
- Megakles: I see that now, don't I? But I paid this other Eagle Bearer a small fortune to get the villagers ready for a pirate invasion.
- Kassandra: By the look on your face, I'm guessing that didn't work out.
- Megakles: It didn't. Then I sent him to bargain peace, but he botched that, too. The pirates are coming, and we don't stand a chance.
- Kassandra: Next time, hire the real Eagle Bearer. But I'm listening. Does the village of Alponos have a militia?
- Megakles: Not enough. But if you get out there and stop the pirates before they land, I'll give you all that's left in the treasury.
(Accept – "I'll fix this pirate problem.")
- Kassandra: I'll stop the pirates from reaching your shore. Then you're going to help me find this "Eagle Bearer" impostor.
- Megakles: I'll help you kill him myself.
(If "Where are the pirate ships?" is chosen.)
- Kassandra: Where are the pirates sailing from?
- Megakles: We saw the pirate fleet forming north of here.
(If "How many pirates are there?" is chosen.)
- Kassandra: How big is their fleet?
- Megakles: Just two ships, but they may have hundreds aboard. They make it to us, we're dead.
(If "When did the "Eagle Bearer" get here?" is chosen.)
- Kassandra: I'm going to find the one using my name. When did you last see him?
- Megakles: He came in with the last merchant ships... But I haven't seen him in days. He won't be easy to find, but if you sink the pirates, I'll track him down.
(Leave – "I'll set sail.")
- Kassandra: Time to show the pirates what the real Eagle Bearer can do.
- Kassandra: Hope you can swim, pirate scum! That's how the real Eagle Bearer deals with pirates!
The Adrestia sank the second one.
- Kassandra: That's the last one, crew! Let's go get paid.
Kassandra returned to Alponos to collect her pay, but Megakles was instead furious.
- Megakles: What were you thinking?! We're doomed!
She approached him.
Kassandra sank the pirate ships, only for Megakles to inexplicably berate her upon her return to report on her apparent success.
Behind the scenes
The pirate ships can spawn in the bay even without the quest being accepted. If sunk beforehand, the protagonist may utter their resultant lines while sailing near the coasts of Malis and Makedonia. The objective automatically completes as well, allowing the quest to be handed back in to Megakles immediately after accepting.
If the player is playing as Alexios, the dialogue in which the protagonist corrects Megakles of the real Eagle Bearer's correct gender is omitted.