Arno went to the Sainte-Chapelle to find and obtain information from Pierre Bellec.
Arno arrived at the Sainte-Chapelle.
- Arno: I suppose a simple address would be too mundane.
Arno investigated the inside of the Sainte-Chapelle.
- Arno: What's the light supposed to illuminate?
What am I supposed to do with this medallion?
Perhaps the sunbeam...?
- Pierre: Took you long enough, pisspot.
- Arno: What is this place?
- Pierre: A sanctuary. A place we can train and prepare, away from the eyes of our enemies.
Arno followed Pierre throughout the sanctuary.
- Arno: Didn't we just escape from a dungeon?
- Pierre: It's not a dungeon. It's a nerve center. From these tunnels we can get anywhere in the city, all without being seen. We have eyes everywhere.
- Arno: Really? Seems visibility would be a problem. Wouldn't you prefer something with a view?
- Pierre: This place has served us well for six hundred years, pisspot.
- Arno: Uh-huh. And how long were you standing in the dark waiting for me?
- Pierre: Not long. Guillaume spotted you from the bell tower.
- Arno: Well, it was quite the entrance.
- Pierre: Are you mocking me?
- Arno: No, no! God's truth. Very theatrical.
- Pierre: Shut up. We're here.
- Assassin 1: The candidate will approach.
- Assassin 2: So the son of Charles Dorian returns to us. Bellec thought you wouldn't come. What changed your mind?
- Arno: I'm tired of running from my failures. (Mister) De La Serre, my father... I want to make it right.
- Assassin 1: The death of Grand Master De La Serre weighs on you. Why? Did you wield the blade yourself?
- Arno: Does it matter? The blame still lies with me.
- Assassin 3: (He carries his guilt heavily. Are you sure of this one)?
- Pierre: I am. He can face the trials. He can be great).
- Assassin 2: Very well. Out of the dark, you come into the light. From the light, you will return to the dark. Are you prepared to travel the eagle's path?
- Arno: If that's a fancy way of asking "do I want your help," yes.
- Assassin 2: Then drink.
Arno drank and then traveled the eagle's path.
- Arno: What's happening? Hello?
Arno went through a flashback.
- Arno (flashback): Can't I go with you, Father?
- Charles (flashback): Courage, my boy. You wait just here. I will return when this hand reaches the top.
- Arno: Father!
- Charles (flashback): Where is that boy? I'm certain I told him six o'clock--we should be well away by now.
- Arno: Father, it's me! I'm here!
In his flashback, Arno saw his father's assassination.
- Arno: Father! Look out! No!
Arno chased his father's murderer while traveling the eagle's path.
- Élise (flashback): Haven't you done enough to repay my father's kindness?
Go! I'll distract them.
- Courier (flashback): He must receive it today! It's very--
- Arno (flashback): Very important. I heard you the first time.
- Élise (flashback): You seem to have caused quite a commotion.
- Arno (flashback): What can I say? You were always a bad influence.
- Élise (flashback): You were a worse one.
- François (flashback): Truly, I am blessed to have such a loyal companion as you, my friend.
Arno was put into a room full of cowl-wearing individuals, where he was tasked with killing his father's murderer while remaining undetected. After accomplishing this task, he finished traveling the eagle's path.
- Assassin 2: These are the words spoken by our ancestors. The words that lay at the heart of our creed.
- Assassin 1: Stay your blade from the flesh of the innocent.
- Assassin 3: Hide in plain sight.
- Assassin 4: Never compromise the Brotherhood.
- Assassin 2: Let these tenets be branded upon your mind. Follow them, and be uplifted. Break them at your peril. Rise, Assassin.
Arno Dorian is dead. He has been culled from this world, with his sins and failures turned to dust. Tonight he is reborn, a novice of the Assassin Brotherhood.
Arno was initiated into the French Brotherhood of Assassins.