We have secured the aid of a company of mercenaries and they move to lauch their raid on the Monastery of Saint Thomas. Torquemada has been holed up there for weeks, and we are sure he is well guarded.
While the Inquisition's forces are distracted, the Brotherhood will sneak into the Monastery, retrieve the Staff, and finally kill Torquemada. He has had years to study the Staff; we must steel ourselves. He could bring any manner of devilry to bear.
It has come time to strike the final blow against Torquemada and his followers. It is time to free the people of Spain.
The Spanish Assassins arrived at the Monastery of Saint Thomas.
- Spanish Assassin 1: The mercenaries have begun their attack. We need to use the distraction to find Torquemada and retrieve the Staff of Eden.
- Spanish Assassin 2: We must still be discreet. Torquemada will have kept his best defenders in reserve.
Battling on their way through the building, the Assassins reached the basement, where they saw and fought a soldier seemingly made of light.
- Spanish Assassin 1: What in creation was that? What have the Templars uncovered?
- Spanish Assassin 2: That… phantom... was no illusion. Such power is not of mortal design...
- Spanish Assassin 3: It’s the Staff. We must hurry. If Torquemada has the means to create such creatures, Spain is doomed!
The Assassins made their way to the tunnels beneath the monastery, discovering one of the Staff's powers along the way.