Eivor approached Galinn and his group.
- Norse Warrior: After all that has happened... what if Soma is just cursed with bad luck?
- Galinn: Soma has only ever pleased the gods. Deserting her now, breaking your oath, that is what will bring us ill luck. Eivor. I'm honored you have joined us.
- Eivor: What's your plan here?
- Galinn: All the shire supports Soma ruling the city. These hamlets do not. They're feeding and outfitting Wigmund's army. So we will burn their homes, quick and devastating, like the thunderclaps of Thor.
(If players asked "How did you join Soma's clan?")
- Eivor: How did you come to be in Soma's clan?
- Galinn: A vision from a volva set me on this path. It pricked my mind like a splinter, then faded. But I wanted more. For months, years, I ate only henbane, mushrooms, sacred plants, hoping to see something new. But my body dwindled. I lived addled, maddened, a wanderer. Taken in by Saxons and spat out... again and again. Until Soma found me, naked and alone in the fens. She clothed and cared for me, humbled as I was. I owe her my life.
(If "Tell me about your vision." is chosen.)
- Eivor: Visions can be strange and powerful. What did you see?
- Galinn: I was climbing a mountain, a lion and a snake upon my back, weighing me down. I struggled. Then Soma appeared, and she eased my burden. When we reached the peak, there was hardly enough room to stand. On a point like the tip of a blade, we teetered there, gripping one another. Tightly. I know I can seem distant, obsessed. But the gods are with us always. I see it as my duty to shelter Soma from their ire.
(If "What do you think of Soma's inner circle?" is chosen.)
- Eivor: What do you think of the others, Lif and Birna?
- Galinn: Lif, he's a talented sailor. If a little... enthusiastic. And Birna, well... Birna thinks of life as a grand joke. She was a smuggler when Soma pulled her from the muck, making a living on lies. Birna is part of my clan, and I will fight beside her, irreverent as she is. But she has no care for her destiny.
(Leave – "Enough talk, let's pillage.")
- Eivor: I am eager to start throwing torches.
- Galinn: Now let's rid these hamlets of Wigmund's rats. Light your torches and set arrow tips ablaze, Eivor. The red enemy of the branch will make quick work of this place.
They charged towards the village.
- Galinn: We are a curse, visited upon them all!
- Eivor: Leave no house unburnt.
- Galinn: This is what they get for helping rend Grantebridge from Soma!
- Eivor: For licking Ealdorman Wigmund's boots!
- Anglo-Saxon Soldier: Bring their heads to Ealdorman Wigmund!
After burning all the houses.
- Eivor: Ah. The smell of burning roof thatch and heady turf fire.
Eivor returned to Galinn.
- Eivor: Now that was something. Wigmund is sure to take notice.
- Galinn: You stamped and roared like fiery Surtr himself, marching through the flames of Muspelheim. I'll see you back home, drengr (courageous warrior).
Eivor assisted Galinn with raiding Earnningstone, getting to know him better in the process.