|This article is a stub. You can help Assassin's Creed Wiki by expanding it.|
Ratohnhaké:ton (1755 - unknown), also known as Connor Kenway, was a Native American Assassin living in colonial America during the latter half of the 18th century. He was an ancestor of Desmond Miles.
The conflict reached its peak when his village was destroyed by the Europeans, prompting Connor to seek justice for his people, and fight tyranny wherever he saw it. His endeavors eventually led to him joining the Assassin Order in 1770.
Equipment and skills
Connor was a capable freerunner, able to climb trees and swing from one to another, as well as scale cliff faces or other natural elements. He could move through the cityscape just as easily, and was able to slide under, or vault over obstacles within urban environments.
Accompanying his capacity to move fluidly, Connor was able to wield several different weapons - including the hidden blade, tomahawk, bow, flintlock pistols, rifle, and rope dart - and could dual-wield various combinations of these proficiently.
Connor was most often garbed in a hooded white dress uniform jacket with blue lining, as well as a thin sash fastened with an Assassin insignia, and brown boots with leggings that extended past his knees.
Personality and characteristics
- "[Connor]'s one of those people that has an inbuilt sense of right and wrong... He isn't a grey area kind of guy."
- ―Alex Hutchinson, Creative Director of Assassin's Creed III.
Connor appeared thoughtful and intense, and the words he did not speak were just as meaningful as the ones he did. His movements resembled that of a predator, always staying low to the ground and moving under enemy attacks.
- Contrary to some of Desmond Miles' other ancestors (including Aquilus, Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad, and Ezio Auditore da Firenze) and Nikolai Orelov possessing connections to eagles, Connor's presentation is more evocative of a wolf.
- As with both Altaïr and Ezio, the meaning of Connor's name connects to his character:
- "Connor" is a Gaelic name meaning "lover of hounds."
- "Kenway" is an Old English name meaning "brave royal fighter."
- "Ratohnhaké:ton" (pronounced Ra-doon-ha-gay-doon) means "his spirit lives" or "life scratcher" in Mohawk.
- Unlike Altaïr, Ezio, and Desmond, Connor does not have a scar on his lip, similar to Aquilus.
- ↑ The Official Xbox Magazine: Assassin's Creed 3: "the most RPG-like Assassin's Creed so far"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 GameInformer April 2012 issue: Assassin's Creed III
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 XboxGameZone: Preview - Assassin’s Creed III - The Final Frontier?
- ↑ GamesRadar: First look at the Revolution through Connor's eyes
- ↑ EscoBlades: Developer Interview with Matt Turner (Lead Scriptwriter)